CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA. Driving is exhausting. I get what the other person is saying, I've done long drives myself. However, barring some emergency, most people would not be inclined to drive 1,600 miles in a 24 hour period. The only time I'd do that is driving from NC to MN (to visit family), stopping overnight in a hotel, and then knowing I'd be NOT driving for a good solid week once I go there.
Exactly. I def think she arrived in wp earlier than we have facts for.

wow it never occurred to me that PF could have been framing Kk the entire time, as part of his plan. Plant the physical evidence (phone) with her, instruct her to send the texts close to her home, etc. That plan would be getting rid of two women at once.
He’d still be inextricably linked to this crime.

This isn’t the movies, and law enforcement would still be able to connect the dots quite quickly.

I firmly believe that KK knew what she was doing, as the solicitation charges indicate that she was aware of this plot for some time.

There are twenty-two judicial districts in Colorado. Four are urban, ten are similar to the 4th in unbalanced population mix, and eight are rural. Where would you change the venue to, and what reason would you argue that it would get him a fairer trial?
Colorado Judicial Branch - Courts - By District
I'd argue for Denver for the standard reason "My client is unable to get a fair trial in Teller County". (IANAL) MOO

Agreed.
It would be good to see everyone involved in this young woman's murder put behind bars.
It's so loathsome to think that people knew about this for weeks or months before--when Kelsey was alive-- and said nothing.

Sipped for brevity. Emph. mine.

^^^ Exactly !
And was the carseat the baby was in found yet ?
And if not-- why did PF or his c0-conspirator feel the need to hide it ?
What evidence was on it ?

Good point !
I've missed something. An infant car seat is missing?

I think M talking to her employer/lawyer, who she appears to be close to, is the 2nd best option, with going to LE as the first. Talking to her girlfriends would be the very worst idea. Guess who can't keep a salacious secret. Girlfriends.

But it appears that M did just this. This is based on the social media smear campaign against her, which the Rs claim was the reason they sought to speak to the media.

I guess the Rs thought they (Rs and M) would be perceived as helpful (heroes?-gag), so that might reduce people questioning their non-action in a murder for hire request.

I don't know how the Rs connected those dots though.

But wouldn't one feel weird doing that? Wasn't she less than a year on the job?
I have honest girlfriends. Had I told them I was going off the be with the man who solicited me THREE TIMES for murder, they would have locked me in a closet and called LE. However, after that, you're right....the world would have known.

Back several threads it was noted that the car seat seen in the store video of Kelsey and baby girl was not found ?
Some thought maybe there was dna/blood on it if the baby was near KB when she was attacked or killed in her residence.
Horrible to think of.
I could be wrong.

WoW, I never heard the seat went missing. Thanks.

Back several threads it was noted that the car seat seen in the store video of Kelsey and baby girl was not found ?
Some thought maybe there was dna/blood on it if the baby was near KB when she was attacked or killed in her residence.
Horrible to think of.
I could be wrong.
I haven’t heard a single thing reported regarding the car seat being missing.

I think an unfounded rumor is growing legs here.

Exactly, she had at least 12 hours of thinking time.
That's what gets me. 12 long hours to rethink what she was getting into. Why didn't she just stop, call LE and cry a river to them if she was that fearful? PLEAD to them about what she knew to protect another mother about to die. What kind of hold did PF have on her? I won't take the leap to say she was actually there when it happened, but I get this feeling (like others) that she wanted KB gone for her own selfish reasons and she was in on it from the get go. I hope the charges against her, if and when they come, reflect that.

I'd argue for Denver for the standard reason "My client is unable to get a fair trial in Teller County". (IANAL) MOO

I don't know that Denver's far enough. I'm in way northern Colorado and we're all talkinga bout it up here. The local affiliates cover the case extensively, too, when there's movement. Egypt might work.

ITA. Driving is exhausting. I get what the other person is saying, I've done long drives myself. However, barring some emergency, most people would not be inclined to drive 1,600 miles in a 24 hour period. The only time I'd do that is driving from NC to MN (to visit family), stopping overnight in a hotel, and then knowing I'd be NOT driving for a good solid week once I go there.
I'd equate this situation to an emergency, in KK and PF's eyes. KK was protecting PF (and likely herself) from life in prison or worse. Not to mention the adrenaline pumping just like an emergency. Even if I didn't commit a crime, if someone told me my freedom, or someone I cared for deeply's freedom (from jail or otherwise) or life depended on me driving for 12 hours straight. I'd do it. I'd force myself to do it.

wow it never occurred to me that PF could have been framing Kk the entire time, as part of his plan. Plant the physical evidence (phone) with her, instruct her to send the texts close to her home, etc. That plan would be getting rid of two women at once.

I think anyone would prefer someone else take the rap for their crime.
IMO, KK has carried a torch for PF for years & was not to delighted to learn of KB & a baby.

I don't know that Denver's far enough. I'm in way northern Colorado and we're all talkinga bout it up here. The local affiliates cover the case extensively, too, when there's movement. Egypt might work.
The purpose of moving a trial is to more easily find an impartial jury, not to find people who haven't heard of the case. Otherwise, people like Scott Peterson, Dahmer, etc would never get trials.

Better yet, what prompted the discussion between M and the Rs in the first place? My boss, even if he IS a lawyer, is not who I would have talked to first. It would have been my girlfriends.

Fear, maybe. Sounds like she had a lot to get off her chest.
Could be KK was having her get free legal advice. A lot of us in KK’s boots might reach out to someone. Once the crime was completed.....imagine the fear that must set in. Everyone has to start thinking of mistakes they made.

Horrible to think of.
I could be wrong.
When you say it was, "noted." Noted where? I haven't seen LE or media report to be looking for the car seat, or having said a word about anything that may have been missing or out of sorts. Where did this statement originally arise?

Horrible to think of.
I could be wrong.
But who said it was missing?? It was pointed out that the car seat KB had for baby K was different than the one PF had her in, but that's all I remember. Do you have a link for this?

The purpose of moving a trial is to more easily find an impartial jury, not to find people who haven't heard of the case. Otherwise, people like Scott Peterson, Dahmer, etc would never get trials.

If a witness or party to the crime is talking, might not be any trials. Once the defendant knows what the DA has, what the penalty might be, etc., there could be a plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member