CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I get online this morning to see KB May be in a landfill. So sad.
A few questions please.....
1). How is a search done? Several people covering a grid going through each piece of trash with their hands?
Or
2). Is there some modern form of maybe laser or X-ray or drones or dogs that can can find missing body parts?

I ask because I first imagined them having many people sifting through trash. Having been to a landfill, it’s the most sickening smell one could ever imagine and you never want to go back. Surely there are modern techniques used today?
I think most of the geo-phys type of machines wouldn't work. It's really just manpower, raking through things and doing it bit by bit.
They do set up grids, and then they use rakes to dig up and search through and sometimes use sifters (big trays with wire mesh) to sift out any remains. It's a tedious process.

Landfills have security cameras as you pull in to be weighed and pay. KK's or Patrick's vehicle is likely seen on this one.
MOO
That's if they drove up to the gate. If they walked around the exterior, they wouldn't have been seen. My hope is that KK is cooperating and told them where to go.

This landfill was not open that Thurs on Thanksgiving and it's not open on the weekends.
So what did he do just carry her around? Isn’t it risky to dump a body in a dumpster?
Can’t believe I asked that. How would you know unless you have done it. This case...ugh!

If he or anyone crept back in the night/earl morn’ hours, it seems someone would recall seeing a truck or strange vehicle there. People are up late, we let dogs out, walk, step outside for a smoke. Not every resident on her street was gone or in bed at dusk, I doubt. Would day be more suspicious or in the middle of the night?
Who knows.
Jmo
Given that they have a problem with illegal dumping, I'm going to guess that aren't a lot of people in that area up late walking their dogs. :)

I don't think PF took her directly to the landfill. It's more likely he put her in a dumpster somewhere, which then was taken to the landfill. Maybe he knew of an out of way dumpster that wasn't very public or visible. I'm still not sure she's there. I would think PF and his accomplice, if he had one, probably knew many places to get rid of a body in that town or close by. I don't want to wish Kelsey is in the landfill but I would like them to find her body for her family's sake.

That's if they drove up to the gate. If they walked around the exterior, they wouldn't have been seen. My hope is that KK is cooperating and told them where to go.
Landfills in my area are fenced in because you can't dump there for free. You have to drive up and be weighed. Then you pay.

We need photos of this landfill to see if it is fenced in.

So what did he do just carry her around? Isn’t it risky to dump a body in a dumpster?
Can’t believe I asked that. How would you know unless you have done it. This case...ugh!
No, he would just drive to the landfill, walk around the gate, carry the body in and dump in. You don't drive in to dispose of a body when people are around.

I don't think PF took her directly to the landfill. It's more likely he put her in a dumpster somewhere, which then was taken to the landfill. Maybe he knew of an out of way dumpster that wasn't very public or visible. I'm still not sure she's there. I would think PF and his accomplice, if he had one, probably knew many places to get rid of a body in that town or close by. I don't want to wish Kelsey is in the landfill but I would like them to find her body for her family's sake.
Maybe. Most businesses with dumpsters have cameras, so maybe that's how LE figured it out.

I think most of the geo-phys type of machines wouldn't work. It's really just manpower, raking through things and doing it bit by bit.
They do set up grids, and then they use rakes to dig up and search through and sometimes use sifters (big trays with wire mesh) to sift out any remains. It's a tedious process.
God bless KBs family upon hearing any news like this!

But then there is no good news. We have seen it all before.

Landfills in my area are fenced in because you can't dump there for free. You have to drive up and be weighed. Then you pay.

I don't think it is because there are numerous articles about an illegal dumping problem both on the landfill and in a nearby area.

here's a pic of the front gate. Really doesn't look like much of a problem to get through on foot. https://www.wmsolutions.com/pdf/factsheet/Midway_Landfill_Fact_Sheet.pdf

this pic is a bit far away, but doesn't look too hard to get to.
http://media.graytvinc.com/images/fire+fountain.jpg
and a little closer, the tire pit
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...IQEpap387zrKhZB6nOFDw_jiTFrD2wF8sFX9FyEFxK5sA

Last edited:
Maybe they found a receipt during a search & only now thinking the LF is a possibility.
Maybe they found he was in that vicinity, doing farrier work.
Camera footage, in the vicinity?
KK had no more reason to talk in December than now, imo. Well, morally yes, yes she did. What we know of her so far leads me to consider her amoral.
Maybe they proposed dropping the civil suit if he tells where the body is.

No, he would just drive to the landfill, walk around the gate, carry the body in and dump in. You don't drive in to dispose of a body when people are around.
Well, the landfill in our county, you drive in and dispose of your own trash. The employees don’t search through what you dump. And he could have had more bags so yeah, he could do it in dayLight right in front of any workers there. Why would they suspect anything? Surely she would be in a bag.

Yes that's why I can't imagine him doing it or going directly to the landfill. But then again, he was dumb enough to be seen at the WM place.
And KK was dumb enough to use her credit card at Sonic and ping Kelsey's stolen phone 30 minutes from her house.

And Patrick sat in his truck at another landfill while two guys, who drove their own vehicles to the site, got out and unloaded items.

Last edited:
What if it wasn't PF who got rid of her body? What if he managed to get other people to do ALL the dirty work for him? I'm still entertaining the idea of a 3rd party involvement, someone other than PF and KK. Could be totally wrong, but not ruling it out yet. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin