CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point! I'm taking Everything that CB with no inflection or meaning attached, My reason is that the lady was doing eveything humanly possible to keep herself together, for her daughter. That's a huge amount of stress, even for a trained nurse and grief counselor.

How did I miss KB's mother was also a nurse? So many nurses in this case.

Thanks, Trudie! I was not familiar with this case, but it provided some ideas of how LE could have figured out that KB's body may be in this landfill. Police had tracked Densmore's movements by his cell phone and then found video of him putting part of poor AM in a dumpster.

I'll bet the cadaver dogs hit on PF's truck and/or there was some trace evidence in it. They probably know where he went after he left KB's.

Both articles regarding landfill searches describe how painstakingly difficult it is to search a landfill. Here's hoping that the searchers find their needle in a haystack.

Awful what is required for such a search. I vividly recall the Hacking search, feeling so sorry for the searchers. Day after day, hour spent in the most hideous conditions.

Last edited:
They would take Doss Aviation trash then, right? I wonder if this has anything to do with it.
That's a good idea for pointing at KB going on a private plane trip, pointing at her meeting with foul play related to work. But I would think the airport and Doss would have a lot of security cameras because of their govt contracts, relationship with the USAF, etc.

There are other activities in Pueblo though. It is the world HQ for the PBR Professional Bull Riding:

Professional Bull Riders - Wikipedia

"... Professional Bull Riders, Inc. (PBR) is an international professional bull ridingorganization based in Pueblo, Colorado, United States. In the United States, Professional Bull Riders (PBR) events have been televised on CBS and CBS Sports Network since 2013.[1][2] More than 600 cowboys from the United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Australia and other countries hold PBR memberships.[3][4]..."

Eastern Colorado hosts considerable livestock, such as cattle ranches and hog farms.

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that CBI might search the landfill out of due diligence alone, and not necessarily because they received a tip that there was anything of interest there?

In other words, if you were going to prosecute a no-body murder case, you wouldn't want your investigator to have to admit on cross-examination that there was a logical place where a body might be located, but you didn't bother to look there. KWIM?

Welp, I caught up and we're still talking garbage, huh?
Does anybody know if the techs and LE actually started searching today?

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that CBI might search the landfill out of due diligence alone, and not necessarily because they received a tip that there was anything of interest there?

In other words, if you were going to prosecute a no-body murder case, you wouldn't want your investigator to have to admit on cross-examination that there was a logical place where a body might be located, but you didn't bother to look there. KWIM?

I think it’s very possible LE is spreading out, not based on tips. They’ve had six weeks to assess the evidence/tips & now, the searching begins. P was out & about, farm to farm, most days, I suspect, as I think (unlike most), he probably had a large clientele.

Shayla Girardin on Twitter
Here’s a look at the Midway Landfill. CBI has made a request to search the area for evidence. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth
DxIHlMyV4AA0phn.jpg

The Fountain Landfill advertises that they take dead animals.
View attachment 164632

omg. Way back when we were discussing PF throwing her off a cliff, I had considered he could stuff her body inside a slaughtered and eviscerated cow. Then leave the cow out in the wilderness. This way drones would not 'see' with cameras or heat signatures. Eventually all of the cow and human bones would scatter together.

So maybe the body went with other large, dead animals from agriculture. Mostly, they use every bit of slaughtered livestock for some purpose, but some would go to a landfill?

Yes that's why I can't imagine him doing it or going directly to the landfill. But then again, he was dumb enough to be seen at the WM place.
Maybe that trip was a type of Freudian slip... instead of blurting out some guilty knowledge, acting out some guilty knowledge?

Just as important.....if you are trying a case without a body, you have to prove that she is no longer in any of the possible places that she could be, that you have searched. Hard to do if you haven't done a thorough search in the first place.

Officials now searching for missing mom Kelsey Berreth at a Colorado landfill | Daily Mail Online
Officials in Colorado have begun searching a waste management facility just over 40 miles southeast of the home of missing mom Kelsey Berreth.

Authorities are currently looking for possible remains at the Midway Landfill near the town of Wigwam, one month after charging her fiancee Patrick Frazee with her murder.

'The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully,' said a Waste Management spokesperson when asked for comment.

ABC News was the first to report this new development.

8653334-6603121-image-a-17_1547738500076.jpg 8653846-6603121-image-a-18_1547739274235.jpg

omg. Way back when we were discussing PF throwing her off a cliff, I had considered he could stuff her body inside a slaughtered and eviscerated cow. Then leave the cow out in the wilderness. This way drones would not 'see' with cameras or heat signatures. Eventually all of the cow and human bones would scatter together.

So maybe the body went with other large, dead animals from agriculture. Mostly, they use every bit of slaughtered livestock for some purpose, but some would go to a landfill?
Dead livestock, even those delivered to landfills, go to rendering plants. Literally every atom is recycled into something useful (and profitable).

Maybe, yes, but you'd need to have some rational basis for choosing that landfill to search, over the others in the same region. This isn't even the nearest landfill to either PF's home nor KB's home, nor where Teller Co. trash goes, so maybe that one, wherever it is, would take priority IF it was being searched just on general principle. IMO they have some specific piece of intel to send them to this landfill.

I think we got the impression that because there was no active searching going on that they believed there would be no body to find, it was never stated that way by news or LE. Maybe they weren't searching simply because they didn't know where to search, not even which states.
Neither the WP Police or the Teller County Sheriff have the excess manpower to do wholesale searches. The CBI does focused searches for evidence only (which could include a body, but not a living person), The district prosecutor has the manpower, the authority and the assignment at this time. IMO

Search warrant issued for landfill; Kelsey Berreth connection unclear
A search warrant has been issued for the Waste Management Midway Landfill south of Colorado Springs, Gazette news partner KKTV reported.

KKTV and other TV stations have connected the warrant to the search for Kelsey Berreth, but The Gazette has been unable to officially confirm that connection.

The 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office did not immediately respond for comment. Colorado Bureau of Investigation communications director Susan Medina on Thursday declined to comment on the warrant or confirm whether it was related to the Berreth case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin