CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #31 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither the WP Police or the Teller County Sheriff have the excess manpower to do wholesale searches. The CBI does focused searches for evidence only (which could include a body, but not a living person), The district prosecutor has the manpower, the authority and the assignment at this time. IMO

Don’t you think they’ll recruit from nearby LE?
Like they did in the link I previously posted?

When I walked my daughter to school this morning, I noticed the school dumpster did not have any cameras around it. There was a grate around it so that you could only put smaller items in (think 3-4 inches tall but very long). I am not in CO, but it did make me wonder if this was something that would be available to PF. If dismemberment did occur, could this be an option?

Jmo but landfill searches are expensive, time-consuming and dangerous. I doubt LE would arrange it without a tip. It is often impossible to find what they are looking for even with tips so the search to rule it out barely makes sense...not finding her there, for example, does not mean she is not there.
Jmo

Search warrant issued for landfill; Kelsey Berreth connection unclear
A search warrant has been issued for the Waste Management Midway Landfill south of Colorado Springs, Gazette news partner KKTV reported.

KKTV and other TV stations have connected the warrant to the search for Kelsey Berreth, but The Gazette has been unable to officially confirm that connection.

The 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office did not immediately respond for comment. Colorado Bureau of Investigation communications director Susan Medina on Thursday declined to comment on the warrant or confirm whether it was related to the Berreth case.
Are you serious?!?!?!? If this wasn't accurate and confirmed, why even put it out there????

Don’t you think they’ll recruit from nearby LE?
Like they did in the link I previously posted?
I'm not sure what you mean. The CBI, who is going to search, has a main office in Denver, and a large branch office in Pueblo. Literally their whole manpower is within an hour drive. The Colorado Springs Police Dept would be who they would ask for assistance. CSPD has 989 employees total.

If P spent time on any large ranches/quarter horse farms, they have dumpsters, rather than trash containers provided by the sanitation company.
The large farms in my state all have various size dumpsters, scattered around near barns & tenant houses on the ranch. There’s incredible amount of waste, dealing with horses. The feed bags, for one. Any private individual can have a dumpster, in A rural area.

I'm not sure what you mean. The CBI, who is going to search, has a main office in Denver, and a large branch office in Pueblo. Literally their whole manpower is within an hour drive. The Colorado Springs Police Dept would be who they would ask for assistance. CSPD has 989 employees total.

Inside Boulder detectives' month-long search for answers in an Arkansas landfill

Dave, this in only ONE article I pulled up describing how LE bands together for dump searches. Jmo
Idk whomthey might ask or what LE might volunteer to assist. Haven’t heard that info reported, yet.

Are you serious?!?!?!? If this wasn't accurate and confirmed, why even put it out there????

Last night it was clear that no one was confirming that it was connected to KB. We even talked about the case of the murdered woman who was from colorado springs- it might be related to her case.

Haven't looked at the news this am to see if they were implying strongly this has anything to do with KB.

It may or may not and it could take a month to complete the search.. So we may not know until feb 29 whether any of this is relevant.

Search warrant issued for landfill; Kelsey Berreth connection unclear
A search warrant has been issued for the Waste Management Midway Landfill south of Colorado Springs, Gazette news partner KKTV reported.

KKTV and other TV stations have connected the warrant to the search for Kelsey Berreth, but The Gazette has been unable to officially confirm that connection.

The 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office did not immediately respond for comment. Colorado Bureau of Investigation communications director Susan Medina on Thursday declined to comment on the warrant or confirm whether it was related to the Berreth case.
Oh please let this be true and maybe someone is coming clean?

Inside Boulder detectives' month-long search for answers in an Arkansas landfill

Dave, this in only ONE article I pulled up describing how LE bands together for dump searches. Jmo
Idk whomthey might ask or what LE might volunteer to assist. Haven’t heard that info reported, yet.
On their website, the CBI says they have "nearly 200 employees". The CSPD, who has jurisdiction over the area and would serve a warrant if required, has 989, according to their website. Approximately 1189 employees available for one search is larger than any other law enfolrcement activity in the State of Colorado. It's about the same number as a fully staffed Army regiment. Isn't the question of further assistance somewhat rhetorical? I'm not trying to be rude or picky here. The news media grabs onto anything and blows it up to huge proportions, it always being the good against the bad. We seem to be jumping back and forth from discussing very small police operations in WP and Teller County to discussing some of the largest police operations in North America, as if they were the same, as dictated by the news. I'm trying to keep it in perspective. IMO

Officials now searching for missing mom Kelsey Berreth at a Colorado landfill | Daily Mail Online
Officials in Colorado have begun searching a waste management facility just over 40 miles southeast of the home of missing mom Kelsey Berreth.

Authorities are currently looking for possible remains at the Midway Landfill near the town of Wigwam, one month after charging her fiancee Patrick Frazee with her murder.

'The Colorado Bureau of Investigation contacted Waste Management of Colorado regarding a potential search at Midway Landfill and we are cooperating fully,' said a Waste Management spokesperson when asked for comment.

ABC News was the first to report this new development.

View attachment 164649 View attachment 164650

I know the article is by DM and I’m still not sure how trustworthy their reporting is, but they say “looking for possible remains”.

On their website, the CBI says they have "nearly 200 employees". The CSPD, who has jurisdiction over the area and would serve a warrant if required, has 989, according to their website. Approximately 1189 employees available for one search is larger than any other law enfolrcement activity in the State of Colorado. It's about the same number as a fully staffed Army regiment. Isn't the question of further assistance somewhat rhetorical? I'm not trying to be rude or picky here. The news media grabs onto anything and blows it up to huge proportions, it always being the good against the bad. We seem to be jumping back and forth from discussing very small police operations in WP and Teller County to discussing some of the largest police operations in North America, as if they were the same, as dictated by the news. I'm trying to keep it in perspective. IMO

Of course you’re right. 1189 LE have nothing else to do & can all go to the LF.

I have seen cases where they use all the current police academy recruits from a wide area for a wilderness search.

Lol, yea, I’ve read over fifty articles pertaining to dum/LF searches. Evidently, CO doesn’t recruit or accept outside help. Some LE have more experience in grid type searches,
due to previous investigations.
From what I’ve read LF searches often last 60 +/- days.
As mustloveco mentioned, rain is moving in, that’s not good. Jmo

Lol, yea, I’ve read over fifty articles pertaining to dumpLF searches. Evidently, CO doesn’t recruit or accept outside help. Some LE have more experience in grid type searches,
due to previous investigations.
From what I’ve read LF searches often last 60 +/- days.
As mustloveco mentioned, rain is moving in, that’s not good. Jmo
Rain/snow :( tonite and tomorrow, and a bigger storm Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?