Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
As hard as it is to believe, there are still folks out there who have not seen the pic of BG. I was perusing some Facebook pages of news outlets and came upon a comment made (by someone who LIVES in Indiana) sometime today or yesterday to the effect, "Where did this photograph come from? Was there a witness who saw him?" Someone ressponded that one of the girls had a phone and recorded that before he they were murdered. She just said "thank you." I'm guessing she ALSO has not heard the recording. This is someone who responded to a news article so you'd think she also keeps up with the news, yet she knew nothing of the photo.​

Unfortunately very few people in the country really care about things not directly related to them. Outside of knowing the next trend, sale, or sporting event people are oblivious. How anyone af any age doesn’t know about this is shocking to me. I live a few states away and I have heard about this. I wish people cared about others and their neighbors again. Sorry for my little rant... but gezzz

I randomly ask people in my area, I'm to the east of Indiana, if they have heard about cases I follow. In the elevator today, the women with me had no idea about the Jayme Closs kidnapping/murder.

Some people just clearly do not follow the news. I think it is important to know what is going on in our country and world and consume the news voraciously, on all topics.

Jayme’s case and the Delphi case were covered extensively by every national MSM outlet. I saw articles on all the news web sites on both cases. That is how I learned of both crimes.

Last edited:
I really wish a wealthy person or company had come along and bought an advert across America for Abigail and Liberty’s case during American Idol or another high profile show showing the photo, sketch and voice. I don’t know what other way you could get people’s attention nationally.

Word-of-mouth, social media, and various online methods are ways to spread the story, too. A lot of people are simply busy these days, working multiple jobs, some people have busy family lives, too. They may not pay much attention to the traditional media, such as the evening and even nightly news, news on social media, etc.

We're going on two years of no break in the case. i try to not beat a dead horse, but for some months now I've been of the opinion the public will have to smoke this guy out, so to speak. I think LE have exhausted just about everything on their end.

Anyone else catch this RadarOnline article?

Break In Indiana Teens' Murder: Cops Give More Evidence To FBI In Hunt For Killer

1. We really haven't heard anyone talk about the "grusome" crime scene before. Or at least I can't remember someone using that descriptor.

2. Secondly, what new evidence could they have possibly sent to Quantico after all this time? Maybe they're trying to match what they have to a sample that took from someone. I have no idea, I'm speculating.

Any ideas guys?

indiana-teens-murders-dna-evidence-fbi-pp.jpg

EXCLUSIVE
Break In Indiana Teens’ Murder: Cops Give More Evidence To FBI In Hunt For Killer
Sheriff confirms using ‘DNA research’ to catch suspect in Abby & Liberty’s death.
6954dc6755543be306a17f334605e63b
By Radar Staff
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 @ 16:55PM

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenbytold RadarOnline.com exclusively that they were hoping for a break in the case of Indiana teens Abigail WilliamsOpens a New Window. and Liberty GermanOpens a New Window.’s gruesome murders after they sent new evidence to the FBI headquarters in Quantico. Williams and German went missing on Feb. 13, 2017 and the following day their slaughtered bodies were found in Delphi, IN. German captured the man police say killed the girls on her cell phoneOpens a New Window. and a picture and audio of him saying “Down the hill,” was released. “We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case. Click through the gallery for more details about Williams and German’s murder investigation.

“This case is still very activeOpens a New Window.. We’ve had 36,000 tips about Abby and Liberty and we thoroughly investigate every single one of them,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar about the teens who were killed near the Monon Bridge where they captured video of their killer on Snapchat .
Photo credit: Indiana State Police

The Sheriff told Radar that the Golden State Killer arrest was influential in their investigation. “We are very much looking into that as a way to move this case forward,” he explained. “We are doing DNA testing research. With 23 and Me and the other places that do it, that is something that has been discussed.”

Police never revealed how Williams and German were killed and Sheriff Leazenby told Radar that the “evidence” that was given to the FBI was not something that he could share but said he was hopeful there would be a break in the case.

“We know that there is someone out there that knows who did this to these little girls and we want them to come forward if they remember anything,” Sheriff Leazenby said.
A man named Charles Eldridge was arrested on Jan. 8, 2019 on charges of child molestation and there was rampant speculation that he resembled the sketch of Williams and German’s murderer. “The team is aware of this arrest and will investigate to see if there could be any connection to the murders that occurred in Delphi, Indiana on February 14th of 2017,” the Indiana State Police said in a statement on Jan. 14, 2019.

Williams and German’s murder scene was so gruesome that State Police Superintendent Doug Carter expressed his horror at the crime. “I’ll never be able to unsee what I sawOpens a New Window. that day,” he said.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to please call 844-459-5786 or (800) 382-7537. Stay with Radar for updates on this story. We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story forRadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

Re: more evidence sent to FBI --
My guess is it relates to TB in the MO Catholic store case. He hasn't officially been ruled out for Delphi has he? Glad to hear they are pursuing the genealogy & DNA approach.

Anyone else catch this RadarOnline article?

Break In Indiana Teens' Murder: Cops Give More Evidence To FBI In Hunt For Killer

1. We really haven't heard anyone talk about the "grusome" crime scene before. Or at least I can't remember someone using that descriptor.

2. Secondly, what new evidence could they have possibly sent to Quantico after all this time? Maybe they're trying to match what they have to a sample that took from someone. I have no idea, I'm speculating.

Any ideas guys?

indiana-teens-murders-dna-evidence-fbi-pp.jpg

EXCLUSIVE
Break In Indiana Teens’ Murder: Cops Give More Evidence To FBI In Hunt For Killer
Sheriff confirms using ‘DNA research’ to catch suspect in Abby & Liberty’s death.
6954dc6755543be306a17f334605e63b
By Radar Staff
Posted on Jan 17, 2019 @ 16:55PM

Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenbytold RadarOnline.com exclusively that they were hoping for a break in the case of Indiana teens Abigail WilliamsOpens a New Window. and Liberty GermanOpens a New Window.’s gruesome murders after they sent new evidence to the FBI headquarters in Quantico. Williams and German went missing on Feb. 13, 2017 and the following day their slaughtered bodies were found in Delphi, IN. German captured the man police say killed the girls on her cell phoneOpens a New Window. and a picture and audio of him saying “Down the hill,” was released. “We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case. Click through the gallery for more details about Williams and German’s murder investigation.

“This case is still very activeOpens a New Window.. We’ve had 36,000 tips about Abby and Liberty and we thoroughly investigate every single one of them,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar about the teens who were killed near the Monon Bridge where they captured video of their killer on Snapchat .

The Sheriff told Radar that the Golden State Killer arrest was influential in their investigation. “We are very much looking into that as a way to move this case forward,” he explained. “We are doing DNA testing research. With 23 and Me and the other places that do it, that is something that has been discussed.”

Police never revealed how Williams and German were killed and Sheriff Leazenby told Radar that the “evidence” that was given to the FBI was not something that he could share but said he was hopeful there would be a break in the case.

“We know that there is someone out there that knows who did this to these little girls and we want them to come forward if they remember anything,” Sheriff Leazenby said.
A man named Charles Eldridge was arrested on Jan. 8, 2019 on charges of child molestation and there was rampant speculation that he resembled the sketch of Williams and German’s murderer. “The team is aware of this arrest and will investigate to see if there could be any connection to the murders that occurred in Delphi, Indiana on February 14th of 2017,” the Indiana State Police said in a statement on Jan. 14, 2019.

Williams and German’s murder scene was so gruesome that State Police Superintendent Doug Carter expressed his horror at the crime. “I’ll never be able to unsee what I sawOpens a New Window. that day,” he said.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to please call 844-459-5786 or (800) 382-7537. Stay with Radar for updates on this story. We pay for juicy info! Do you have a story forRadarOnline.com? Email us at tips@radaronline.com, or call us at (866) ON-RADAR (667-2327) any time, day or night.

Many thanks for posting this we can’t access Radar here in the U.K/Europe. This answers the frequent question about DNA. I’m hoping and praying.

Re: more evidence sent to FBI --
My guess is it relates to TB in the MO Catholic store case. He hasn't officially been ruled out for Delphi has he? Glad to hear they are pursuing the genealogy & DNA approach.

Good thinking.

(IF this sensational source did indeed get a direct quote from Leazenby)

RO mistakenly says below the video came from Snapchat:

“We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case.”

Snip

“This case is still very active. We’ve had 36,000 tips about Abby and Liberty and we thoroughly investigate every single one of them,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar about the teens who were killed near the Monon Bridge where they captured video of their killer on Snapchat.”

—-

Radar online is suuuuch a sleazy source. But they are saying Leazenby exclusively commented—-could they lie about something like that? A direct quote from LE? I wish another more reliable msm source could confirm this.

Looking to see what other sources confirm to be the most recent number of tips received to see how those numbers compare for accuracy.

Also noting Radar’s use of “slaughtered bodies”, LE has made no comments in the condition of their bodies.

Last edited:
Good thinking.

(IF this sensational source did indeed get a direct quote from Leazenby)

RO mistakenly says below the video came from Snapchat:

“We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case.”

SNIPPED

If the FBI has been working with ISP and the Sheriff's office all along, wouldn't they have had access all along to any evidence from the crime scene? What would have been "more" than that - something new?

If the FBI has been working with ISP and the Sheriff's office all along, wouldn't they have had access all along to any evidence from the crime scene? What would have been "more" than that - something new?

Hi watcher9!

JMO

I think it has to do with the DNA. Officer Holman said in the interview about a year and a half ago (paraphrased) that they do have DNA, but they need to figure out whose DNA it is. Maybe local/state LE couldn’t match names to all the DNA, and are forwarding the unmatched sample(s) to the FBI and having them checked on the genealogy sites.

JMO. And just a guess.
~RIP M+J

“Indiana cops working on the Abby Williams and Libby German murder case are looking into a man arrested on suspicion of child molestation after tips streamed in from members of the public.

Charles Andrew Eldridge, 46, was taken into custody on suspicion of child molestation January 8 after he was caught trying to have sex with a minor in an undercover sting where the Randolph County Sheriff’s Department posed as a 13-year-old girl.

Eldridge reportedly told law enforcement he had sexual encounters with minors younger than 13 on multiple occasions, Fox 59 reported.”

Cops probe connection between 'child molester' arrested 100 miles from where teen girls were killed | Daily Mail Online

New article just published.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member