Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on Black Friday that a lot of online stores had deals on the 23andme and AncestryDNA testing kits for like $49 each. My hope at that time and still is that lots of people are sending those kits in and LE labs will eventually get a gold mine of DNA family matches to solve lots of these cold cases. I think they take like 6 weeks after you send them in to get your results, so hopefully the computer systems are checked often for matches!

I noticed on Black Friday that a lot of online stores had deals on the 23andme and AncestryDNA testing kits for like $49 each. My hope at that time and still is that lots of people are sending those kits in and LE labs will eventually get a gold mine of DNA family matches to solve lots of these cold cases. I think they take like 6 weeks after you send them in to get your results, so hopefully the computer systems are checked often for matches!
For clarity on how this works:

Incidentally, 48 Hours had another episode tonight that featured the work of Parabon Labs (The company that tracked down the Golden State Killer).

They use DNA results that are uploaded to GED Match.

They do not have direct access to Ancestry, 23AndMe, or any of those other testing services.

It still requires a person to upload their DNA to GED Match after downloading their results from those other services.

So a person simply having their DNA tested, will not have their results show up on the database that is being used by genealogists at Parabon.

You’ve got to upload it yourself.

Last edited:

They do not have direct access to Ancestry, 23AndMe, or any of those other testing services.

It still requires a person to upload their DNA to GED Match after downloading their results from those other services.

So a person simply having their DNA tested, will not have their results show up on the database that is being used by genealogists at Parabon.

You’ve got to upload it yourself.

Thanks for explaining that! I wondered how it all worked.

This is such great news. I went out to dinner and was so happily surprised that they have connected the murders and have a suspect in custody. I hope he confesses to everything.

Sorry if you have misunderstood nobody is currently arrested for this case. Charles Eldridge has not been arrested for the Delphi murder case. Law enforcement are investigating him to see if he is connected to it. He has been arrested for sexual assaults against other child victims.

I’m wondering about his admission he has sexually assaulted thirteen children as if he is bragging. Would he not be bragging about the Delphi murders too if he had done them? He could be a serial liar and is making stuff up though.

Sorry if you have misunderstood nobody is currently arrested for this case. Charles Eldridge has not been arrested for the Delphi murder case. Law enforcement are investigating him to see if he is connected to it. He has been arrested for sexual assaults against other child victims.

I’m wondering about his admission he has sexually assaulted thirteen children as if he is bragging. Would he not be bragging about the Delphi murders too if he had done them? He could be a serial liar and is making stuff up though.
Yeah. A couple things could be going on.

He’s admitting to lesser crimes, as people investigated for more serious crimes tend to do.

He’s got mental issues and is making things up.

He seems to have an obsession with missing teenage girls.

I’m skeptical until we hear more. The resemblance is uncanny though, especially that nose.

“Indiana cops working on the Abby Williams and Libby German murder case are looking into a man arrested on suspicion of child molestation after tips streamed in from members of the public.

Charles Andrew Eldridge, 46, was taken into custody on suspicion of child molestation January 8 after he was caught trying to have sex with a minor in an undercover sting where the Randolph County Sheriff’s Department posed as a 13-year-old girl.

Eldridge reportedly told law enforcement he had sexual encounters with minors younger than 13 on multiple occasions, Fox 59 reported.”

Cops probe connection between 'child molester' arrested 100 miles from where teen girls were killed | Daily Mail Online

New article just published.

This article from the DM doesn’t really say anything new — have to wonder if they cruise Websleuths to bolster their writing. However it came to be, wonderful to see continued attention, and definitely for the (latest) possible suspect link to this incredibly sad case.

This article from the DM doesn’t really say anything new — have to wonder if they cruise Websleuths to bolster their writing. However it came to be, wonderful to see continued attention, and definitely for the (latest) possible suspect link to this incredibly sad case.

I know I’m just grateful for any press coverage this case gets. Hopefully there will more press coverage at the two year anniversary.

I did misunderstand, and I apologize to all.
What I read certainly implied a connection to the sweet girls' murders, and his name and photograph are prominently displayed.

I might have had a glass or two of wine at that dinner I mentioned earlier, because it surely read like a report of an arrest until I read more sources. ;)

Thank you all and I'm so sorry I got it wrong! :cool:

I did misunderstand, and I apologize to all.
What I read certainly implied a connection to the sweet girls' murders, and his name and photograph are prominently displayed.

I might have had a glass or two of wine at that dinner I mentioned earlier, because it surely read like a report of an arrest until I read more sources. ;)

Thank you all and I'm so sorry I got it wrong! :cool:

No apology necessary I can understand how the article could cause a misunderstanding.

This is such great news. I went out to dinner and was so happily surprised that they have connected the murders and have a suspect in custody. I hope he confesses to everything.

Oh SeekingJana, if only...we are hoping! I see @gregjrichards brought you up to date but I just wanted to say that WHEN BG is definitively identified and in custody for these crimes this thread will have hundreds of people in it and it will be a HUGE DAY here on WS. The thread might even break the internet it’s going to be so big.

I remember when Lizzie and Lyric were found, iirc there were 400 members and 400 guests (something like that)....

Oh SeekingJana, if only...we are hoping! I see @gregjrichards brought you up to date but I just wanted to say WHEN BG is definitively identified and in custody for these crimes this thread will have hundreds of people in it and it will be a HUGE DAY here on WS. The thread might even break it’s going to be so big.

I remember when Lizzie and Lyric were found. iirc there were 400 members and 400 guests (something like that)....

I can’t wait till that day when the monster is arrested and we can all celebrate here margarita25. Let’s all hope that day it isn’t too far away.

My problem is I see so many people who resemble BG in one way or another in day to day life and it’s, confusing...don’t know how else to explain it. I know ISP says no tip is too small, but when I’m watching the cooking channel and I see a chef who sounds like him I start questioning myself, sigh. Maybe some of you can relate...

Delphi murders: What we know nearly two years after the slayings of Abby and Libby
Updated 9:05 a.m. MST Jan. 15, 2019

“It's been nearly two years since the Delphi murders, when the bodies of Indiana teens Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were discovered near a wooded creek.

The deaths of Abby and Libby horrified people in Indiana and around the world. They were shocked and heartbroken when the girls' bodies were found by a search party in the woods just east of Delphi on Feb. 14, 2017. Since then, people have been transfixed by the case, following the latest news and hoping for any sign of an arrest. The emotional toll on the Delphi community has been overwhelming.“

Snip

“Key evidence in the case
There have been 30,000 leads in the case, with each one investigated by police, according to State Police Superintendent Doug Carter.

In a news conference at the Monon High Bridge trailhead Tuesday, Carter said investigators still want to hear tips. However, he cautioned people not to post theories or photos on social media, because it could complicate efforts to solve the case.“

ETA / qmfr, see this post below re: number of tips:

“Looking to see what other sources confirm to be the most recent number of tips received to see how those numbers compare for accuracy.“ Note the RO article says specifically “36,000 tips” and the above article says “30,000 leads”—so maybe Radar Online did really speak to Leazenby?

Good thinking.

(IF this sensational source did indeed get a direct quote from Leazenby)

RO mistakenly says below the video came from Snapchat:

“We sent more evidence to the FBI at Quantico just before Christmas,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar in an exclusive interview and said they were doing “DNA testing research,” with regards to the case.”

Snip

“This case is still very active. We’ve had 36,000 tips about Abby and Liberty and we thoroughly investigate every single one of them,” Sheriff Leazenby told Radar about the teens who were killed near the Monon Bridge where they captured video of their killer on Snapchat.”

—-

Radar online is suuuuch a sleazy source. But they are saying Leazenby exclusively commented—-could they lie about something like that? A direct quote from LE? I wish another more reliable msm source could confirm this.

Looking to see what other sources confirm to be the most recent number of tips received to see how those numbers compare for accuracy.

Also noting Radar’s use of “slaughtered bodies”, LE has made no comments in the condition of their bodies.

Last edited:
@margarita25 My worry is that the perpetrator is connected to other missing children or killings in Indiana or outside. For the lack of evidence (at least from what police have told us) it seems like he's well versed in making sure he isn't caught. Kind of like how I doubt Jake Thomas Patterson hasn't committed any crimes before abducting Jayme.
Edit: Also, can someone let me know if we're allowed to use full names or not? I keep seeing initials that I don't understand...

Hi, yes you’re allowed to use full names here, the initials you may not recognize perhaps is “BG”? This stands for “Bridge Guy”. Other initials (TB and CE) refer to other persons currently being investigated by ISP but we can not discuss them other than what is reported in MSM (mainstream media), same with DN who was a former POI. You and others new to Abby’s and Libby’s case may also find the below link helpful:
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

And yes, it’s very doubtful imo this was his first crime.

As you said versed in not getting caught, our Late Great @Foxfire used to say something about this as related to other cases. I believe it was something like “there’s a reason he’s gotten away with this for so long”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members