Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisconsin law (State Statute 346.19) states that operators of a vehicle shall yield the right-of-way and shall immediately drive their vehicle to a position as near as possible and parallel to the right curb or right-hand edge of the shoulder of the roadway, clear of any intersections and unless otherwise directed by a traffic officer, shall stop and remain standing in such a position until the authorized emergency vehicle has passed.

Yes, it would show the front of the car with the headlights on, and with no license plate. They really wouldn't see much. Here's a sample random police dash cam video. At a couple points you can see an oncoming car with headlights on, note how hard it is to make out details. This is in town though with streetlights, it would be worse in the country.

You can see the cars that are parked perfectly. He would basically be parked

You can see the cars that are parked perfectly. He would basically be parked
But with the headlights on. Note the difference in how much less you can see, of those with headlights on.
You can see the sides of a lot of the parked cars, but that's where I was saying this video was in town with street lights. I'm not sure they would see the sides out in the dark in the country. I couldn't find a video of a dash cam from a dark country road with cars with headlights. I looked at several. Maybe someone else can find one. That would be a better model.

Many perp’s that I have read about on here have their FB’s shut down. I always think I should have screen shot the info.

Everytime I am surprised the FB is gone, but it is. I should have figured it out be now
Do you remember which article it was that said LE locked down his FB account before his arrest was made public?

But with the headlights on. Note the difference in how much less you can see, of those with headlights on.
You can see the sides of a lot of the parked cars, but that's where I was saying this video was in town with street lights. I'm not sure they would see the sides out in the dark in the country. I couldn't find a video of a dash cam from a dark country road with cars with headlights. I looked at several. Maybe someone else can find one. That would be a better model.

Thanks for posting that. The deputy did id the car correctly , though, so there is the proof in the pudding.

Do you think that they can monkey with the video and get a better picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member