GUILTY Australia - Aiia Masarwe, 21, Israeli exchange student, murdered, Melbourne, Jan 2019 *ARREST*

This is the bloke in CA that was caught via a familial DNA profile match:

DNA profiles from ancestry websites helped identify the Golden State Killer suspect

Speaking of, all those who are interested in how they actually caught him because of the DNA match need to listen to the Audible by Paul Holes and Jim Clemente. FASCINATING stuff and far more intensive and complicated than the media had us believe.

Also, i'd say that the police had a hunch it was him because they probably had a lot of dealings with him in the past and given that he has no employment and a substance abuse problem probably wore the same clothes regularly. Even if he'd not been arrested or convicted of anything of a sexual nature in the past they'd still know him or know of him. They're probably forever being called to that house or to that park etc.

Speaking of, all those who are interested in how they actually caught him because of the DNA match need to listen to the Audible by Paul Holes and Jim Clemente. FASCINATING stuff and far more intensive and complicated than the media had us believe.

Also, i'd say that the police had a hunch it was him because they probably had a lot of dealings with him in the past and given that he has no employment and a substance abuse problem probably wore the same clothes regularly. Even if he'd not been arrested or convicted of anything of a sexual nature in the past they'd still know him or know of him. They're probably forever being called to that house or to that park etc.

I certainly agree re the Paul Holes talking book, and, just as an aside, it is accessible for 30 days free, ( instead of $199.00 US) here... you can also request it as a purchase , or an interlibrary loan from your local lib.

Evil Has a Name

My position , for what it's worth , on this is.. there are certain crimes, certain types of people who are arrested on suspicion of certain kind of crimes, and police know these fine distinctions very well,...

For example = Herrmann made a deep impression on the copper from Heidelberg 4 days before the murder. He had occasion to , obviously, accost Herrmann and speak with him, ( unless it was part of his bail conditions to front up to Heidi police station, why not the Watsonia one? ) and this senior Constable clocked Herrmann as memorable.

For whatever reason. Coppers instinct.

There could be, in law, a provision made for that. That some people , arrested and bailed for some sorts of crime that sets off warning bells should have their DNA taken at that point in the process.

The detective who nabbed the killer is female :)
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...t-in-aiia-maasarwe-death-20190120-p50sho.html

"The leading senior constable who arrested Mr Herrmann is the daughter of legendary detective Rex Topp, who was responsible for arresting NSW organised crime figure Stan “The Man” Smith when he was looking to expand his businesses into Melbourne."

I do not have an issue with what you said, its just funny how we all assume detectives and police are male :)

I can't find Herrmann on the magistrates list for today, and perhaps he has been moved up to the County Court, the next step being the Supreme Court down the track a bit.

There are 500 entries for today at the Magistrates Court in Melbourne, wading thru them is a slow business.

Either court, I am sure he will be appearing for a mention, either in person or vid link, today.

Security for this bloke is going to be a nightmare for Vic POL.

The derelict squat house where 20-year-old Codey Herrmann was living before Aiia Maasarwe’s alleged rape and murder is covered in graffiti, its kitchen trashed and rubbish strewn on the filthy floors.

The squalid home, in northern Melbourne suburb of Bundoora just a two minute drive from where Ms Maasarwe’s body was found last Wednesday, is Mr Herrmann’s last known address.

Inside the squalid house of Aiia Maasarwe’s alleged killer

An aspiring rapper, Codey Herrmann is believed to be an anti-Australia Day activist who grew up in the Bundoora area.
Three years ago at the age of 17, he went missing in the area while a student at Bundoora Secondary College.
Mr Herrmann’s Facebook pages show he was very active online on January 11, when he posted 18 times on his account under the name Codey Wrex.
Three days earlier, on January 8, he posted the words, “international girl of mystery, you knows who you are”.
Less than a day after her alleged rape and murder, on January 16, he posted a picture of himself on Facebook holding a can of Jack Daniels and coke.
On Facebook last November, Mr Herrmann posted about being pepper-sprayed by police.
Inside the squalid house of Aiia Maasarwe’s alleged killer

Details on how student Aiia Maasarwe died have been withheld in court because it would be “very confronting” for her family to hear.
He also requested specific details of the attack on the Palestinian Arab of Israeli citizenship be withheld until police have been able to give them to the 21-year-old’s family.
“The informant wishes to have that dealt with in a sensitive manner before it’s given to the media,” he said.

Magistrate Jonathan Klestadt approved the move.

Details of Aiia’s ‘confronting’ death withheld

Next court date, June 7th.

Guilliam Bailin seems to be the barrister at the top of the list to be called in for defence.

He , Mr. Bailin, was a prosecutor for a few years, about 5 , I think , in the Victorian system, had a fair number of Supreme Court cases, so it could be safely said, he is up to speed with the process.

'Herrmann's lawyer Guillaume Bailin did not make any submissions or note any custody management issues.

Mr Klestadt however noted Herrmann was an Aboriginal person and "may be vulnerable because of your age and appearance".

well.. . may be vulnerable, a big understatement, considering the situation. On the other hand, where else can he be situated? .

And he presented in person to the court, that surprised me, but it is in the courts interest to have him publicly displayed, so to speak, to be absolutely certain he is not being belted around down there in remand. Which, is highly possible. Bigger and older blokes than him have copped worse, Borce Ristevski, for example, someone socked him and threw boiling water over him on remand, it's not common and every day, but it isn't what could be deemed rare, either.

“The informant wishes to have that dealt with in a sensitive manner before it’s given to the media,” he said.

Details of Aiia’s ‘confronting’ death withheld

edited by me for clarity.

This is a bit confusing.. Is Klestadt referring to Herrmann when he says ' the informant' or is he referring to the police officer assigned to be the signatory to the charge?

bloody news reporters , always in a hurry.

Because if it is Herrmann, then that is interesting.

I read it hastily!..

Herrmann made no application for bail during the brief hearing, during which the prosecutor withdrew an application for a compulsory procedure, likely a DNA sample.

He also requested specific details of the attack on the Palestinian Arab of Israeli citizenship be withheld until police have been able to give them to the 21-year-old’s family.

“The informant wishes to have that dealt with in a sensitive manner before it’s given to the media,” he said.'

now... that reads, to me, that it is Herrmann who wants the details withheld, Mr Bailin requesting it on behalf of his client, Mr Herrmann. .

does it seem that way to anyone else?

edited by me for clarity.

This is a bit confusing.. Is Klestadt referring to Herrmann when he says ' the informant' or is he referring to the police officer assigned to be the signatory to the charge?

bloody news reporters , always in a hurry.

Because if it is Herrmann, then that is interesting.

I am pretty sure he is referring to the prosecutor?
So close to home for me. This boy went to school with my kids. They had seen him around. Just goes to show we never know what the people walking among us are capable of. All in all, its very very sad.

I am pretty sure he is referring to the prosecutor?
So close to home for me. This boy went to school with my kids. They had seen him around. Just goes to show we never know what the people walking among us are capable of. All in all, its very very sad.

now that I look at it again, I take into this... 'he , also,'... since it referred to the prosecutor, it follows that it is still referring to the prosecutor. I agree ! I don't know why that baffled me so instantly.

No. We never know. He looks very small to me, is this a correct assumption? weedy, whippy, sort of half formed, in a way?

I read it hastily!..

Herrmann made no application for bail during the brief hearing, during which the prosecutor withdrew an application for a compulsory procedure, likely a DNA sample.

“The informant wishes to have that dealt with in a sensitive manner before it’s given to the media,” he said.'

now... that reads, to me, that it is Herrmann who wants the details withheld, Mr Bailin requesting it on behalf of his client, Mr Herrmann. .

Part of me wonders if, on some level, CH did what he did because he WANTED to go to jail? For a kid like that, no life/future/options, jail might seem appealing as they know they'll be fed every day and have a bed every night. Just a thought?

Part of me wonders if, on some level, CH did what he did because he WANTED to go to jail? For a kid like that, no life/future/options, jail might seem appealing as they know they'll be fed every day and have a bed every night. Just a thought?

a reasonable assumption, Bela. There is certainly room for that perception, and there is , to me, an element of deliberate lethargy about his total non effort to abscond. I am curious to know if he has spent some time in prison, of a sort, Juvenile , perhaps, and in doing so, found a certain comfort and sense of security .

That is only huge assumptions on my part. But freedom, living as he appears to have done, on the absolute fringes, from day to day, never any money , never enough food, never having enough to pay bills, it looks like the electricity and gas were cut off, none of the basics, .. freedom can be overwhelmingly painful.

'Mr Herrmann's defence lawyer told the court it was his client's first time in custody and he would be vulnerable due to his age and appearance.'

that's settled that, then. He hasn't been in prison or detention before.

That sort of thing is often the case, but it is way to extreme a method of achieving that goal. IMO

Also given his aboriginal or part thereof he would run the risk of being in danger. No disrespect meant and it is also a more isolated occurrence.

I believe it is more likely that he has some mental issues, maybe even to the point of feeling insignificant and needing the publicity.

Just some thoughts to ponder on!

I read it hastily!..

Reading further into this I see it that the prosecutor withdrew and requested....
It's sloppily written Troops

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back