Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the Saputo website it appears they have two shifts. 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am, 7 days a week. So it seems that unless the morning he claims to have seen Jayme "getting on the bus" was an orientation day *and he went in later*... he lied.

That's exactly why I wonder. It does not quite fit. And it also says he was behind the bus. Too early for her to be getting on it if he was heading home and he would be in the other lane if he was headed to work. And the times do not mesh. So something is missing--orientation, he was late, etc...

OR--as you say, he LIED.

I see your point and I believe there is truth in it, I just do not believe it all or maybe believe there is not more maybe in other words. Unless he lawyered up quickly, he was questioned for hours I imagine and a complaint never contains all does it?

Just the fact that he sees a girl he instantly decides he wants and has to have but he never did a bit of research or online looking to find out any more about her or see if he could find info or pics? I have a bit of a hard time believing that.

And maybe it was limited thinking but if he knew nothing, he could not know how many bullets he would need. Dogs, visitors, LE, who knows...

As a child that for part of our life we had 8 people in 3 bedrooms, one can never assume how many are in a home and this one looks like it may have had a partially finished basement.

Just keeping my mind open is all I am saying but I see your view of it as well.
He apparently did not know if there were other people in the house, but he must have had a pretty good idea because he had seen them in the widow during his previous attempts. At any rate he said he was prepared to kill anyone else there, and went through and checked the rooms to be sure there were no possible witnesses. He said he knew he had enough bullets in case he needed to use them, and had the gun in the front seat if he should need it when LE passed.
He may have looked on line, but we know Jayme was not active on SM so he would not have found much.
I don't have a hard time believing he saw her and decided to kidnap her, after all this has happened in many cases before, when criminals take their victims right from the street or wherever they see them. The part that he preplanned the whole thing and killed the parents is the unusual part. Imo

He apparently did not know if there were other people in the house, but he must have had a pretty good idea because he had seen them in the widow during his previous attempts. At any rate he said he was prepared to kill anyone else there, and went through and checked the rooms to be sure there were no possible witnesses. He said he knew he had enough bullets in case he needed to use them, and had the gun in the front seat if he should need it when LE passed.
He may have looked on line, but we know Jayme was not active on SM so he would not have found much.
I don't have a hard time believing he saw her and decided to kidnap her, after all this has happened in many cases before, when criminals take their victims right from the street or wherever they see them. The part that he preplanned the whole thing and killed the parents is the unusual part. Imo

I see your point.

That is another oddity though too. Either he drove in the driveway before if he could see them that clearly and how many and cars in the driveway or turned around. I guess he could have sat on the side of road or drove by in dark but I do not think you would learn much doing that. This house had leaves on the trees when this happened, etc.

It makes no sense to me. I have a hard time believing it. Unless there is more, he pulled up and pretended to be lost and left. He pretended to be a salesman. Etc. I guess I don't know much about night vision gear, binoculars, etc. but still, leaves on trees and Highway 8?

Things are missing at the very least...

Is the resume online his actual resume ??
Or someone make one up ??

It says marine corps... and above it says NONE..??

Then says 4 months kitting screens?? Is that complete BS or was there 3rd JOB ??

Anyone know ?

Quanex was on there which is a Rice Lake plant but for some reason, it has never been confirmed he worked there and I think it may have even been denied that he did (but I cannot swear to that).

I guess it goes back to my point that we already know this perp lies. That is a fact. He lied about the Marines and other things. That also plays into my not believing everything he has said.

That's exactly why I wonder. It does not quite fit. And it also says he was behind the bus. Too early for her to be getting on it if he was heading home and he would be in the other lane if he was headed to work. And the times do not mesh. So something is missing--orientation, he was late, etc...

OR--as you say, he LIED.
Imo and I thought in the first place, he borrowed assumptions from online postings. He thought he was being clever.

So he started a job on a Wednesday *Oct. 3rd* and worked Thursday *Oct. 4th* and stopped to purchase the mask? Strange day to start a job IMO.

That's a good point too. Yet if they run 24/7, 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts, people probably work what would that make it three 12s? Did you find if it is like 3 on, 3 off? That might explain part of it.

Imo and I thought in the first place, he borrowed assumptions from online postings. He thought he was being clever.

He did, that part bothered me. And it was not only the 4 hours, it was the leaving no evidence, how smart he was and how he did that, etc. Then stating that he DID indeed walk through the house was then like a slap of I saw online you are not sure I did but look how great I was that you had no clue.... I just do not trust his account...

Per the Saputo website it appears they have two shifts. 6am-6pm and 6pm-6am, 7 days a week. So it seems that unless the morning he claims to have seen Jayme "getting on the bus" was an orientation day *and he went in later*... he lied.
Good catch. Like you, I'm finding hard to believe he saw her getting on the bus and decided she was the one.

Thank you for posting these articles. They’re very informative.
I have to admit, as I read them I had to keep reminding myself which thread this pertained to — my mind kept reverting to Chris Watts and even NK who seemed so callous.

Oops, I’m not sure what happened — I thought I inserted the quote from Margarita25, the in above that starts with “good morning”. Not sure how to correct this

At about the :15 mark they show the supposed resume that the Cheese Factory says he submitted. Also it mentions that one of Jayme's relatives worked at the Cheese Factory also. Not saying that relative has anything to do with anything just strange coincidence

That's a good point too. Yet if they run 24/7, 7 days a week, 12 hour shifts, people probably work what would that make it three 12s? Did you find if it is like 3 on, 3 off? That might explain part of it.

2 on, 2off and it is a 60 hour work week, so 5 12's it would be. Not sure with him being a temp though.

OR--as you say, he LIED.

When a school bus stops on a two-lane roads, cars going in both directions must stop. (at least in California -- possibly elsewhere too).

Couple of other thoughts from the previous thread:

Why she might have been surprised that the rescuers knew his name -- IMO she wasn't factoring in that they were his neighbors and "knew" (or knew of) him that way. He was a stranger to her before the crime, whose only identity to her was "bad guy", and she confused them "knowing his name as a neighbor on the street" with "knowing he's the bad guy". I'm sure she realized it afterward.

Likewise, her comment about not knowing people were looking for her: someone quoted the actual article and it appears someone said to her something along the lines of "do you realize how many people have been looking for you?" Well, you kind of have to answer that with a "no" -- just socially awkward to respond any other way, IMO. It doesn't mean she actually thought the community and LE weren't looking for her.

Also it really struck me in that Radar Online article that they said his internet searches had included multiple variants of "Jayme" and "Gordon" -- made me wonder if he was trying to see if there was any indication LE was thinking she might be in the Gordon area? As if that might have given him an advance clue if they were on to him? I can't think of any other reason for him to have included "Gordon" in his searches about her.

I see your point.

That is another oddity though too. Either he drove in the driveway before if he could see them that clearly and how many and cars in the driveway or turned around. I guess he could have sat on the side of road or drove by in dark but I do not think you would learn much doing that. This house had leaves on the trees when this happened, etc.

It makes no sense to me. I have a hard time believing it. Unless there is more, he pulled up and pretended to be lost and left. He pretended to be a salesman. Etc. I guess I don't know much about night vision gear, binoculars, etc. but still, leaves on trees and Highway 8?

Things are missing at the very least...
Yes, there are still many things we don't know. Maybe we will never learn all the details. I just don't see why he would not be truthful about those things. It shouldn't make much of a difference in the charges or at least the amount of time he gets.
He seems to enjoy revealing the details. Almost like it's an accomplishment. If anything, he might exaggerate the details. He doesn't seem to have a problem with LE knowing what he did. I think he enjoys the attention. Its probably the most he's had in his entire life. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulino1@