CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I had sympathy for MSM, but I definitely had a different view of the situation by the end of his testimony. Before this, it was implied that they had issues with Merritt, and only Merritt. It was implied that he 'stole' from them, and 'owed' them money. At this time, I no longer believe that (subject to change if we hear more testimony about it lol). What I understand now is that Sequieda Sr. also had an issue with Joey, Joey not telling him the selling price, Sequieda Sr. feeling like they weren't getting enough of a cut or a piece of the pie, even calling Joey a crook. On Thursday, I was left with thinking that they would have gladly worked with Joey and still made fountains, if CM wasn't in the picture, now I'm not so sure about that. JMO

I don't think this means that CM isn't guilty by any means, but if this was part of their 'motive' theory, I don't know how well it worked.

Why should Joey have to tell MSM his selling price?

MSM would tell Joey how much they would charge him to do what they were doing.

So I don't understand why Joey would have to tell them the selling price?

What difference would it make? Joey was paying and even double paying when he foolishly included MSM bill in what he gave Merritt who was supposed to pay MSM but didn't.

It sounds like Joey was far more ethical than CM.

What legal obligation did Joey have to disclose to MSM what he was selling them for if he paid what they quoted him?

If you dug the graves without backing in your actions would be exposed to anyone that happened to drive by.
The location was not exposed to the road. You can't even see the freeway at the level of the graves site. Although it would shield his actions from a random bike rider if that's what you're implying.

I've always got the impression his truck got stuck in the mud and another vehicle was there to pull him out. In one of the tracks there are deep ruts.

Why should Joey have to tell MSM his selling price?

MSM would tell Joey how much they would charge him to do what they were doing.

So I don't understand why Joey would have to tell them the selling price?

What difference would it make? Joey was paying and even double paying when he foolishly included MSM bill in what he gave Merritt who was supposed to pay MSM but didn't.

It sounds like Joey was far more ethical than CM.

What legal obligation did Joey have to disclose to MSM what he was selling them for if he paid what they quoted him?

Oh, I totally agree with you about Joey telling MSM about the selling price, or who was making what on a project, it was none of their business, they were contracted to do a job, they billed the job, Joey paid them for that job. But apparently MSM thought they should know so they could 'adjust' their billing... which, IMO, makes them look more shady than Joey!

You posted...
Joey was paying and even double paying when he foolishly included MSM bill in what he gave Merritt who was supposed to pay MSM but didn't.

If we are just sticking to the evidence in the trial... we have no evidence of the above yet. We may know some things from the preliminary hearing, and we may think this happened, but no evidence has been shown that the above is true, to the contrary, Sequieda made it pretty clear in his testimony that Joey and only Joey paid the bills. We may or may not hear more from Carmen or Sequieda Sr., or even an investigator/accountant, but until then, we don't know the above from testimony.

The audio makes it sound like the witness is talking from the bathroom. They need to move her mic closer.

The volume has been brutal. I have been using headphones when I'm sitting here, it's highly annoying even with headphones. I am only getting volume through one side as well, which just adds to the annoyance :confused::confused:

Thennnnn the dang video will buffer and I have to refresh! We are on week 3... they could figure it out already ... lol

That was his plan, no doubt, but the earth was harder than he expected it to be. He could not take the time. Burying four murder victims is not something that one does at one's leisure. He had to beat it out of there.
We also should take into account he was probably physically and mentally exhausted from what he did and was facing. Brutally murdered 4 people, cleaning the crime scene(s), disposing of the Trooper and then digging graves. You throw on top of that he most likely had little sleep in the past 36 hours.....he's already not in the right frame of mind.

Cathy Russon on Twitter
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 2m2 minutes ago
#McStay - Dr. Alexis Grey, forensic anthropologist, on the stand for the state. She's going over the remains that were found.

DxnVknRVYAAWGzB.jpg

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

Time for the judge to take control of his courtroom. Imo

At the snail pace this trial is going we could be here way into the fall! That is not only ridiculous but shameful. Imo

Once the important witnesses for the state starts heating up if the defense is already doing long crosses now on witnesses not nearly as important then we can be assured the crosses will be even much much longer. Gah!

I dont know how much more the jury can stand with even much longer crosses.

And when these jurors were selected they were given a timeline so they could make sure they could sit for that long.

Jurors do have lives beyond this. So what is going to happen when it goes much longer than they were initially
told upfront?

Or is this what the DT is hoping thinking jurors will tell the judge they can't serve any longer since it's way beyond what they were first told.

They could become sick or even have family members pass away. Anything could happen.

Imo it's a dicey gamble when trials last way longer than necessary.

At some point the jury is going to start complaining to the judge about so much wasted downtime.

Jmo

The sledgehammer in the grave looked pretty clean of any blood, and the only thing mentioned so far being found on it was white paint, I have a hard time believing he used it at the grave site to kill any of them and then cleaned it of blood so well before tossing into the grave.

I'm sure they did fingerprint and dna testing on it, that testimony should be interesting but seems to me had CM's finger prints been found on it, we'd have heard about it by now.

As to the poll a few pages back -

CM killed them all alone, although needed help to get back after dumping the truck near the border, my likeliest suspect for that would be CJ, as she already changed her statement once ('he was home when Joey called on 2/4', then when faced with the cell data - 'I must have been remembering another evening'.

Joey killed separate from Summer and the kids, probably in the afternoon at Chase's storage place, and Chase had Joey's phone as he drove to their home and killed Summer and the kids.

Moo

I, too, believe Joey was killed in the afternoon. Summer and the boys didn't have a chance.

I understand what you are saying about the cheque #'s, but until we see the full accounting of EIP, it's hard to tell why they are missing or where those cheques should be.

If he was going through the window before the disappearance, I would have expected him to jump at the chance of going through that window with Mike to leave his DNA there. JMO
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about EIP's accounting, unless you think there is doubt that he was printing cheques to pay himself money behind Joey's back. Yes it has yet to be proved, and the opening speech isn't evidence, but I don't have any doubt it will be.

I wouldn't expect him to jump at the chance to climb through the window, because he'd probably either wiped it all down by that time or he'd stolen a back door key, and he wouldn't want to run the risk of the police saying it was obvious why he volunteered to climb in because he knew his DNA and prints would be there.

I, too, believe Joey was killed in the afternoon. Summer and the boys didn't have a chance.

This does make the most sense... my only question then is how did the toys end up in the back of the Trooper? They were toys that she found on Craig's List that afternoon.

From the timeline:

Summer:
3:52 pm - Home computer is used to search Craigslist for children's toys. (source: How the McStay case unfolded). There were toys found in the rear compartment of the SUV when found at the border.

ETA: maybe they weren't the same toys???

This forum does not have a poll feature I guess? I'm curious if there is a consensus so far re:
1. Do you believe Merritt is guilty?
2. Do you think one person, or more than one, committed the murders?
3. Where do you think the family were killed?

AFAIK so far there has not been any substantial evidence linking him to the murders.

1. YES
2. CM only
3. Home

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about EIP's accounting, unless you think there is doubt that he was printing cheques to pay himself money behind Joey's back. Yes it has yet to be proved, and the opening speech isn't evidence, but I don't have any doubt it will be.

I wouldn't expect him to jump at the chance to climb through the window, because he'd probably either wiped it all down by that time or he'd stolen a back door key, and he wouldn't want to run the risk of the police saying it was obvious why he volunteered to climb in because he knew his DNA and prints would be there.

Honestly, I just want to see the accounting before deciding what I believe lol I want to hear from people, preferably an accountant, who can make sense of all of this. I'm also a little unsure of some things... like the printing of the cheques... the only cheque that I saw so far, was a handwritten cheque from Joey, so I'm starting to question whether these cheque's were literally printed, or if they were handwritten cheques but put into Quickbooks as printed.

I really believed that CM owed MSM money because of what we knew and what has been stated in the past, in preliminary hearings. I no longer believe that (at the moment), because of Sequieda's testimony. It doesn't make CM any less guilty IMO but the thought process of CM owing MSM money that JM had already paid to him, etc., I no longer believe it happened that way. JMO <<< subject to change with more testimony lol

This does make the most sense... my only question then is how did the toys end up in the back of the Trooper? They were toys that she found on Craig's List that afternoon.

From the timeline:

Summer:
3:52 pm - Home computer is used to search Craigslist for children's toys. (source: How the McStay case unfolded). There were toys found in the rear compartment of the SUV when found at the border.

ETA: maybe they weren't the same toys???

I don’t think there was any confirmation she went and picked up toys that afternoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname