Found Alive WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to the discussion but while reading this morning about the busses, I remembered our county lists our bus routes for our schools. It lists bus #'s, and pickup/dropoff locations and times. I did a quick search for Barron County and found this link. I didn't spend a lot of time, but I didn't see any that came from her house to the school. Maybe this will help a better sleuth, tho!

https://www.barron.k12.wi.us/cms_files/resources/doc00583320150902123606.pdf

Interesting! It looks like those stops are all in the city of Barron and don't go out Rt. 8 toward her house, as you say. But it is the only schedule that I saw on the site.

I might come off as insensitive but I’m not a fan of how much people glorify these tragedies. Like Jayme being on the cover of people. Random people sending gifts upon gifts to the household where Jayme is staying. It’s just too much and weird to me.

How do we know somebody sending money or gifts isn’t a predator themselves?

I am not sure why this picture stands out to me. On the end table it looks like finger nail polish remover is sitting in that bowl. I don't what my point is but it just strikes me as odd - if that is polish remover.

8487372-6588161-Inside_the_main_living_room_is_a_half_finished_game_of_Monopoly_-a-64_1547440386782.jpg

Someone on this thread said nail polish remover can be a drug-thing.

The other thing that strikes me relates both to this photo and something Jayme said.

1. Despite looking like it got stuck in a time -warp, the place looks CLEAN.
2. Next to the nail polish, there is what looks like a bottle of CLEANING fluid.
3. IIrc Jayme said JP struck her with a long-handled item he normally used to CLEAN THE BLINDS.

Just seems unusual to me that a young man would be that into cleaning. FWIW.

I understand your focus. We know the WHO (Jayme), but we really don't know the why. IMHO.

Could it have been a chubby pre-teen? A slim older teenager? Did he really see her waiting for/getting on her schoolbus? Or did he somehow see Jayme somewhere else? Were her Facebook pictures visible to the world? They were 'open' to me a couple of days ago. Both Jayme and Denise were 'global' in their settings. The Memorial page for Denise and James. Seeing their page makes me hope that whatever plain we end up in, that next dimension of our wondrous Universe, they are smiling down at their loving daughter. I think her mom & dad gave her the push. They helped her at the most opportune time. All MOO IMO.

There are just so many possibilities on how this went down, what took place, and the eventual rescue of Jayme. Facilitated entirely on Jayme making the decision to save herself. That took some serious woman-stones! Is that even a way to say she was the bad-a$$ that wanted to live? (not sure if using regular s's there would fly).

I believe so.

I realize that people are going to ponder all the nitty gritty details. However, will that bring back Denise & James? Will that enliven us knowing what this young child has endured? Come on people. IMO we need to find a way out of this constant need for all of the details. ALL of our focus should be on:

What kind of Memorial Park would be fitting here? Someplace that Jayme could feel at peace, talking to her mommy. Chatting with her daddy. And the rest of the world could feel the empathy flowing out from all of our worldly neighbors.

What do we know about Jayme's past, and current, education plans? What can be done to help her feel safe, and confident, in pursuing her dreams? Whatever we can do to let her resume her life, in this newer normalcy, would show our true compassion. I apologize for this book. I'm just too happy, and sad at the same time, to know what she will face. She is alive. To live her dreams. I wish we could leave her be. I know, I know, the world today doesn't work that way. IMO it should.

What can WE all do to break out of this "need to know it all" cycle?

I do not presume to know that answer.
Love this post

The other thing that strikes me relates both to this photo and something Jayme said.

2. Next to the nail polish, there is what looks like a bottle of CLEANING fluid.
3. IIrc Jayme said JP struck her with a long-handled item he normally used to CLEAN THE BLINDS.

To me it just appears he likely saw someone treating women a certain way, he took notes, this is how women should be treated....clean and stay in the bedroom till I need you....if he’s mimicking that would I guess add up..
Agree. The cleaning thing is bizarre... he could just be lazy af also...

Sorry if this seems so disconnected to the flow of discussion. Just showing @ilovechili a possible room divider at an entry hall.... (Very nice, not retro at all)

https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/306878162081192116/

So there are living areas on both sides of the door. Like what you imagine?

Very well could be. Some kind of wind break, half wall, closet, exactly would give something close by on the "west" to spatter. i could also imagine something on the other side of the room to make some west partial divider but that would depend on the stairs and other things.

I do think as we were saying, the living room is on the left and not remodeled or walled off into a bedroom. It does not look like this family did a lot of remodeling or upkeep, which is not a knock, they were hardworking with a child, so I don't picture much remodeling done either but I certainly could be wrong.

Good find as an example!

Or into having JC clean.

I know there is no information either way, but does anyone think this crime would not of happened to the Closs family, if JC was older like 17 or 18 rather than 13? IIRC his only known girlfriend was when he was a freshman which puts JC near that age. Has JP been hung up on that girl all these years?

Would love to snoop his digital devices to see what his female interests were.

The only thing about this is if he truly did not know her before that night or do any stalking, etc., he had no way to know her age. As we have seen in some pictures she could be 13 and in others 16 or 17--at least to me, it would be hard to judge her age depending on how she looked when he saw her. jmo.

I might come off as insensitive but I’m not a fan of how much people glorify these tragedies. Like Jayme being on the cover of people. Random people sending gifts upon gifts to the household where Jayme is staying. It’s just too much and weird to me.

Mail for people who want to send items are going to a PO Box in another town. People asked how or where they could mail to JC. This story touched a lot of people both from the brutality of the crime and her escape, a rarity with this type of kidnapping.

We don't know if a predator sends something but it is all screened before it gets to the family. Majority of people want to express their happiness for JC's return.

I think they were all taken through windows. LE announced when they were done with the place and after that I think an opportunistic news person just went there and snapped photos through the windows. As I start to understand the layout of the house I can see how the photos line up with either ground floor windows, or the 2nd floor windows on the raised deck. As much crap as there is laying around, I'm pretty sure there was a lot more that they took as evidence, and JP's room where he had her stay under the bed is probably completely emptied.

They mostly do look taken through windows, yet I still wonder if LE or someone was not present, just because of the fact that his room is not shown.

However, I forget which article but the first one I am pretty sure it was, that published the pictures started off with a remark that they knocked on the door but no one answered... I don't see how they would go from there to almost admit they trespassed to take photos but...? It struck me odd.

Heck, there is always the possibility that an area person took them and was paid.

There hasn't been much said about them nor any complaints about them so it almost seems maybe it was allowed somehow... They do give news some things, probably just to pacify them (and the public lol)...

In some ways, I am almost surprised it is not a bigger mess though if LE spent the weekend in there probably looking for DNA, shotgun shells, and more. I mean that one light carpet looks pristine... Wouldn't they dust for her prints in the home (more evidence she was there) and his as well...?

Just thinking about loud... Remains a mystery I guess...

His keeping the house clean doesn't seem too unusual when you look at time he would be there, no job and no online life to keep him occupied, also sounds like he prefered to be alone so it would be a time filler for him. He is for certain an person who appears to be very possessive and protective of his belongs. And I believe in his mind Jayme was his to possess and control. Some of the possess and control could come from the seperation of his parents, brother not living there, getting kicked out of training camp, lossing jobs, all things he would feel he was not in control of when they happened to him. I think he is a very mentally ill person and should be considered very dangerous and for the safety of others I hope he never sees the light of day again. IMO

Mail for people who want to send items are going to a PO Box in another town. People asked how or where they could mail to JC. This story touched a lot of people both from the brutality of the crime and her escape, a rarity with this type of kidnapping.

We don't know if a predator sends something but it is all screened before it gets to the family. Majority of people want to express their happiness for JC's return.

I agree totally. I think most people are well wishers wanting to help in any possible way. I think this family handled it very smart by doing the P.O. box in another town with someone else more than likely picking up the gifts and quite possibly all packages being screened. This way they did not shut off a public who they also asked for help for 3 months and all the well wishers but they put up not a barrier but a safety net to their own and Jayme's privacy as best they could. I figured they would slowly start stepping back and taking her out of the news on their own end of it as much as possible. They also had to offer some news reporters a few things as well imo, because the news passed the story to the public. Yet there too, they did it apparently on their own terms for the most part.

I could be wrong but that is how I see it--I would get her out of the public eye as quickly as possible but you also cannot just stomp on the hands of a nation of people and news reporters who helped pass the story on and want to help. Not that she will not remain in the public eye, we know that, but that they take her out of it as much as possible. It appears they are starting to do that...

For the most part, nobody is glorifying a tragedy, but instead, are celebrating the heroic escape of a courageous young girl. Sure, there are the rag publications with headlines that include "torture chamber" and similar sensationalistic wording, but those are not the majority.

The cards and gifts sent to Jayme are being opened and inspected prior to her receiving them. It is her family's place to decide what is appropriate, not ours. If they didn't want Jayme to receive gifts and cards, they would not have allowed it.
MOO

Last edited:
I really think the public in general has done and/or suggested some pretty over the top stuff in the name of “helping” her. I’ve never seen anything like it. It creeps me out sometimes. They need to leave this girl alone and quit trying to steer her recovery. I have a feeling someday we will hear that the well-intentioned gifts, celebrations, visits in weird Christmas cars, etc actually stressed her out.

I couldn’t agree with you more. Yesterday I got to thinking about her needs right now and wondered whose health insurance policy is she on now? There are so many basic issues to be addressed in Jayme’s life. Extended family needs to chill on the social media. It’s too, too much.

Sorry if these have already been answered:

Why was she kept hidden under the bed specifically for 12 hours? What was he doing during that time if he wasn’t working? And did JC state 12 hours (how would she know?) or did the perp? What happened the other 12 hours? She had to have eaten and drank something at some point to stay alive. Was she kept in the bedroom the whole time? It seems like she had to have been in other places in the house if he had to hide her when people came.

12 hours in a confined space, can’t move, no food, no water... makes me sick to my stomach to even begin to imagine that scenario. And not just once, but for 88 days! It’s too much.

AGAIN, apologies, can’t keep up with all the threads :)

Last edited:
I think it looks like nail polish remover too, but I suspect it's been sitting there for years. Or JP uses it to clean paint off his boots, or something. The other odd detail that strikes me about that photo are the two crockpot-looking things in front of the TV.
Maybe JP himself wears fingernail polish. None of my boys did or do. But I see a lot of teens / young adult males that do these days.

Sorry if these have already been answered;

Why was she kept hidden under the bed specifically for 12 hours? What was he doing during that time if he wasn’t working? And did JC state 12 hours (how would she know?) or did the perp? What happened the other 12 hours? She had to have eaten and drank something at some point to stay alive. Was she kept in the bedroom the whole time? It seems like she had to have been in other places in the house if he had to hide her when people came.

12 hours in a confined space, can’t move, no food, no water... makes me sick to my stomach to even begin to imagine that scenario. And not just once, but for 88 days! It’s too much.

AGAIN, apologies, can’t keep up with all the threads :)
I think that comes from the times they know JP made trips without her. Visiting grandmas or moms etc. maybe some of those trips were a length away then they factor in the driving both ways and the time he spent there . Or maybe they are counting the time at night maybe she went under the bed from like 10pm to 10am. Maybe on the days his dad came she spent the entire day under the bed. Maybe dads visits were not at a set time . That’s just what I assumed imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member