MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would almost be easier to believe if substances were involved, at least for me.

(This is all conjecture, just trying to sort out feelings)
Yes. I absolutely agree with you.

For me to believe the current narrative, both the shooter and the victim would have had to be under the influence.

Sober people do not play a life or death game, especially when they are both police officers, and one of them is on duty.

Fortunately, they can still perform toxicology on her, despite any issues with the other officer’s sample.

Barring a positive test, then I’m leaning towards something more nefarious.

Massy, what is is they say? "Not to be picky but....

It was actually a game of Reverse Strip Russian Roulette they were playing, not RRR.
(*See post #220).

Since you mentioned it, I believe there are similar variations on Scrabble out there if you're interested. Wordplay: it's a dangerous game!
You’re thinking of “Twister.”

Haaaaaa. “Reverse Strip Russian Roulette” ain’t a party game that I hope catches on.

I am not cleaning up after that.

Yes. I absolutely agree with you.

For me to believe the current narrative, both the shooter and the victim would have had to be under the influence.

Sober people do not play a life or death game, especially when they are both police officers, and one of them is on duty.

Fortunately, they can still perform toxicology on her, despite any issues with the other officer’s sample.

Barring a positive test, then I’m leaning towards something more nefarious.

Regardless of test results, I'm leaning like Pisa in the opposite direction of RRR.

In fact, if it is discovered the shooter was under the influence of ETOH or drugs at the time, it will actually raise my suspicions that this is really about his "feelings" for Officer A. and his actions pursuant to those "feelings." We all know substances lower inhibitions.

*Edited because I apparently really like to overuse the word "actually"

Last edited:
People use drugs and accidentally overdose and die. People use drugs to intentionally kill themselves. But neither of those apply in this case.

My point is that I don't really see how doing drugs would make you do something so incredibly dangerous that can clearly result in death.

In fact, IMO, they may not find any involvement of drugs, which I think tends to make the intentional 1st degree aspect more applicable. IMO this wasn't any more a drunken "accident" than it was a STUPID "accident," of RR by completely sober & supposedly "responsible" police officers.

Question: How believable would this story be, without the substantiation by the other officer? What if the killer & victim had been alone? And I find it mighty convenient that the partner just happened to not be present in the room at the moment of truth. Therefore, he doesn't have to give an actual account of the shooting itself.

People use drugs and accidentally overdose and die. People use drugs to intentionally kill themselves. But neither of those apply in this case.

My point is that I don't really see how doing drugs would make you do something so incredibly dangerous that can clearly result in death.

In fact, IMO, they may not find any involvement of drugs, which I think tends to make the intentional 1st degree aspect more applicable. IMO this wasn't any more a drunken "accident" than it was a STUPID "accident," of RR by completely sober & supposedly "responsible" police officers.

Question: How believable would this story be, without the substantiation by the other officer? What if the killer & victim had been alone? And I find it mighty convenient that the partner just happened to not be present in the room at the moment of truth. Therefore, he doesn't have to give an actual account of the shooting itself.

SoCalD., brilliant post!

There is not one single thing that would make this RRR story believable to me.
Drunk, sober, hopping on one leg, tripping the light fantastic, it makes no difference to me.

I. do. not. believe. it.

Regardless of test results, I'm leaning like Pisa in the opposite direction of RRR.

In fact, if it is discovered the shooter was under the influence of ETOH or drugs at the time, it will actually raise my suspicions that this is really about his "feelings" for Officer A. and his actions pursuant to those "feelings." We all know substances lower inhibitions.

*Edited because I apparently really like to overuse the word "actually"

You mean he hated her?

You mean he hated her?

Negative. I suspect he may have either : a) had a past relationship w/her and resented or was jealous of her recent marriage; b) had a current relationship w/ her and see above; c) was friends w/ her but had unreciprocated romantic feelings for her and made an unwanted advance that night toward her that she rebuffed.

I lean toward the bolded scenario.

JMO.

I think the biggest factor pointing to drugs being involved is no sober, reasonable person would come up with “ reverse Russian roulette” as an excuse for shooting a fellow officer at a location when none of three had a valid reason for being there.

IMO MOO yada yada

Negative. I suspect he may have either : a) had a past relationship w/her and resented or was jealous of her recent marriage; b) had a current relationship w/ her and see above; c) was friends w/ her but had unreciprocated romantic feelings for her and made an unwanted advance that night toward her that she rebuffed.

I lean toward the bolded scenario.

JMO.

I kind of assumed both officers at the home were sexually involved with the deceased, why else would one be willing to cover for the other?

I kind of assumed both officers at the home were sexually involved with the deceased, why else would one be willing to cover for the other?

My assumption was that the one officer covered for the shooter b/c they were partners, and because if there was an attempted assault and he heard or saw and did nothing to stop it, he would be criminally culpable as well. Granted, these are just theories, we have no known facts aside from statements in MSM that all 3 of them knew each other.

JMO.

*Tagging @Falcon500, as he may have some insights as Verified LE re: why the bystander officer would keep silent/cover for the shooter. Falcon, do you have any thoughts re: why the shooter's partner would cover for him that you would be able to share?

Last edited:
Looking into precedents since reduction to involuntary manslaughter is a cop-out here (idk prosecutor making deals?)
Appears as if STL County already has a playbook for 'accidentally shooting off duty officer' procedural camouflage.

Can't even make this up.

"Zeigler confessed that he and March had been using his gun as a prop or toy during a sex game, and that they'd done the same thing in the past."

Shot in the Act

I think the biggest factor pointing to drugs being involved is no sober, reasonable person would come up with “ reverse Russian roulette” as an excuse for shooting a fellow officer at a location when none of three had a valid reason for being there.

IMO MOO yada yada
It is a terrible excuse. Either it’s true, which is dubious, or it’s a complete lie.

If it is a complete lie, then it’s an incredibly stupid one.

A far more reasonable scenario, would be some sort of accidental discharge when the gun was being handled.

Perhaps it’s partially true, and the victim wasn’t a willing participant.

In that scenario, it’s a one man game of Reverse Russian Roulette, with the intent of scaring the victim.

It would explain the lone chest wound, as a murderer probably wouldn’t risk the chance of his victim surviving.

He’d go for the head.

It is a terrible excuse. Either it’s true, which is dubious, or it’s a complete lie.

A far more reasonable scenario, would be some sort of accidental discharge when the gun was being handled.

In that scenario, it’s a one man game of Reverse Russian Roulette, with the intent of scaring the victim.

It would explain the lone chest wound, as a murderer probably wouldn’t risk the chance of his victim surviving.

He’d go for the head.

Wow, you've given us lots to think about here, MG.

I'll take your last point as my first.
Re: going for the head. Not necessarily.
Not with a female he had a relationship with, perhaps.
He would want to leave the face intact.
Shot through the heart would be both lethal and symbolic.
All speculation and JMO.

Oh, cool.

So two on duty officers were hanging out with an off duty officer, and two of them just decided to play some “Reverse Russian Roulette.”

Sounds pretty standard to me. I prefer Scrabble, but to each his own.

Sounds like a completely sober thing to do. You win, great. You lose, you die.

Fun.

IMO, either this whole story is BS, or this was a drug induced, reckless accident.

I’m calling BS, but I’ll wait for toxicology.

MassGuy,

Totally agree!

If the story is a cover and they thought to say they were playing RR was better than the truth shows me the truth must be horrendous.

I came to this thread to remove a post but stayed because I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Keep up the great discussion. Something is really wrong here and I hope LE is strong enough to find out and report the truth to the public.

He’d go for the head.
Wait a sec you just sparked a thought. He was on duty so would likely have been wearing a vest, right? I realize they’re not necessarily fully bulletproof, but I wonder how that information would affect the game (or perception of it). Huh. Food for thought.. (MOO/IMO).

Wait a sec you just sparked a thought. He was on duty so would likely have been wearing a vest, right? I realize they’re not necessarily fully bulletproof, but I wonder how that information would affect the game (or perception of it). Huh. Food for thought.. (MOO/IMO).
I was thinking the same thing. If the RRR story is true, I do not believe the fatal night would have been the first time it was played. I agree they would have previously done so with each dressed in full tactical cover.

That being said, it doesn't follow that mere hours into their night shift, the officers would travel to shooters home with leisure, select a different personal revolver, and engage in RRR with a colleague who just happened to be there. Why did NH go home? Why did off duty KA go to NH's home late at night when he was suppose to be working? This meet up had a purpose-- what was it? Certainly not to continue their RRR game of chance! Whatever it was, it cost this young, newlywed her life. MOO

Last edited:
MassGuy,

Totally agree!

If the story is a cover and they thought to say they were playing RR was better than the truth shows me the truth must be horrendous.

I came to this thread to remove a post but stayed because I couldn't believe what I was reading.

Keep up the great discussion. Something is really wrong here and I hope LE is strong enough to find out and report the truth to the public.

Welcome, Tricia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member