CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case, I can understand KK being worried, for herself and her kids.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that business at the dump. It seemed to me that he knew he was being filmed and he was almost defiant - but I may be projecting. I guess he could say he had a bad back and had to get a couple guys to do the unloading for him, but IIRC, he didn't even get out of the cab. Seemed weird, like so much else about this horrible mess.

BTW...I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming hearing gets pushed back. Grr.

BBMFF:

Well, lifting a deadweight really puts a strain on the back. So there's that.

If that is the case, I can understand KK being worried, for herself and her kids.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that business at the dump. It seemed to me that he knew he was being filmed and he was almost defiant - but I may be projecting. I guess he could say he had a bad back and had to get a couple guys to do the unloading for him, but IIRC, he didn't even get out of the cab. Seemed weird, like so much else about this horrible mess.

BTW...I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming hearing gets pushed back. Grr.
As I understand it, the first hearing was to advise P.F. of what he was being investigated for. The second hearing will be to advise him of the exact nature of the charges against him. He is not expected to enter a plea at that time, and the second hearing is the proper time to bring up the possibility of posting a bond.
"Advisement hearings" in Colorado criminal court cases

Delete- ques. already answered

Last edited:
I like the idea that KK could have already been arrested, and we are just not able to see proof of that (due to consealment).

Question: I just don’t understand the part about why she would be arrested in CO and not ID. But I don’t know anything about how arrests are made involving multi-state crimes. Have any of our verified attorneys weighed in on this? Could she have been brought in for questioning in CO, then subsequently arrested there? @riolove77 @Mercedes and I’ve forgotten the last “handle” for our 3rd verified attorney...

Oh, I don’t believe she’s in custody. Was only thinking & I recalled the post about CO concealing arrests.
If she drove to CO for questioning & was arrested, it would have been a CO arrest. If she gets apprehended at home, she would be arrested in ID.
I think, if she’s truly involved, she’s in a facility receiving medical attention.

Oh, I don’t believe she’s in custody. Was only thinking & I recalled the post about CO concealing arrests.
If she drove to CO for questioning & was arrested, it would have been a CO arrest. If she gets apprehended at home, she would be arrested in ID.
I think, if she’s truly involved, she’s in a facility receiving medical attention.
MOO is that she is staying out of sight perhaps at a friend’s or relative’s home in another area, although a medical facility could also be possible. My hope is she will be arrested because JMO, she was knowingly and willingly involved.

Edited to add “that”

Last edited:
As I understand it, the first hearing was to advise P.F. of what he was being investigated for. The second hearing will be to advise him of the exact nature of the charges against him. He is not expected to enter a plea at that time, and the second hearing is the proper time to bring up the possibility of posting a bond.
"Advisement hearings" in Colorado criminal court cases
i understand the feb 19, 2019 hearing to be the preliminary hearing which is after advisement and the link you have has info on a preliminary hearing.

Patrick Frazee hearing delayed to Feb. 19; prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth case release documents

Yes

Yes absolutely big bucks. That was the high end for a farrier. A normal shoeing would cost $125 every 6-8 weeks depending on weather/growth.

Somewhat OT:
A question I have always wondered about.

Why do horses need to be shoed so often?

I love horses but have no idea how the shoing part works. I do know how to ride them pretty well and once went on a crazy full gallop wild ride through open terrain which was a total blast. The horses knew the area we were in and took us under low hanging branches trying to scrape us off. :) We had to bend down and hug their necks to keep from having our heads taken off. LOL Smart horses they were. :)
Don't forget the terrain, it impacts when and if.

Wow! It seems like it was just yesterday when this happened. How do people get 2nd degree murder, murder is murder.
I'm not a lawyer, and differences between first and second degree murder vary by jurisdiction. But generally, planning ahead for the murder-premeditation, and being able to prove same, is critical in charging and conviction for first vs second degree.
If proven that PF solicited assistance ahead of time, that's first degree. As opposed to impulsively deciding to shoot someone, for example.

Noharg, hope you're spot on as it would be fantastic if we got the 5Ws + H at that hearing.

My guess is we'll get confirmation + more detailed info re: the 4Ws we already know:
  • Who (PF, known from day 1) + identification of other people involved
  • What (KB's murder, known) + specifics re: evidence proving she is dead
  • When ( 11/22) + specifics re: PF's movements that day and in subsequent days along w/ KB's phone movements and texts sent
  • Where (KB's townhome) + I think we will learn where blood evidence was found that identifies the specific room/location in the townhome where PF killed KB.
Things I'm not sure we'll get at the pc hearing on 02/19 (but will learn at trial):
  • Why - I'm not sure the DA will want to lock in on a specific motive to the crime yet; also, they don't need to show motive ( although I do think they will lay out really strong evidence re: the motive at trial). I am confident the DA will not have missed a single neon flashing breadcrumb PF left for them.
  • How - Barring discovery of a murder weapon, an accomplice who was an eyewitness, a confession, or PF having disclosed to someone how he murdered PF, I don't know if the DA will be able to categorically state that they know precisely what PF's methodology was. Sadly, we'll probably learn that the "how" was violent due to blood evidence.
  • **I do think it's possible that a murder weapon has been recovered in one of those trash bags LE confiscated from the waste management facility. I also do think it's possible PF, being the complete and total ignoramus he is, may have told KK how he killed KB.
Helpful summary. thanks!

SABBM from article above:

In every suppressed case, the Post found, the judge’s suppression order and the reasons supporting it are shielded from public scrutiny. Courthouse employees and many law enforcement officials, including prosecutors, will not even acknowledge the suppressed cases exist, the Post found.

That means someone could be arrested, charged, convicted and sent to prison in Colorado without anyone seeing why, how or where and whether the process was fair.

DARE WE HOPE?????
OT, but how is this constitutional? We don't have secret courts in this country!

Help!!
I read both articles but it is unclear to me the difference in sealed and suppressed? So is this case against PF sealed or suppressed ?
Thank y’all in advance. };o
Sorry for any confusion this post may have caused. This info was posted a bit ago and we were wondering if it was remotely possible that KKL has already been arrested and possibly in custody since she appears to have fallen off the face of the earth. It may not at all be the case. Just wondering.

MOO is that she is staying out of sight perhaps at a friend’s or relative’s home in another area, although a medical facility could also be possible. My hope is she will be arrested because JMO, she was knowingly and willingly involved.

Edited to add “that”
Agree she's staying out of sight with a relative.

If I was worried that I could be charged with a crime and end up in prison for any amount of time, I would want to be close to my kids to spend all the time with them as possible. I would stay at home and have someone else take them places but still be able to tuck them in at night. Obviously, KK and I think differently bc I wouldn't have been ok with events that she allegedly didn't report. JMO.

Sorry for any confusion this post may have caused. This info was posted a bit ago and we were wondering if it was remotely possible that KKL has already been arrested and possibly in custody since she appears to have fallen off the face of the earth. It may not at all be the case. Just wondering.

SusiQ thank you
I understand the KK part for sure. But I guess the thought of this case remaining sealed and/or suppressed from the public is mind boggling. Not to mention postponements etc etc.

The way I'm understanding it, is the information was opened for PF and his attorney to see then sealed again for the hearing.
Help!!
I read both articles but it is unclear to me the difference in sealed and suppressed? So is this case against PF sealed or suppressed ?
Thank y’all in advance. };o[/QUOTE

Why should I give it a break? I'm talking about someone who has been arrested and looking a little deeper into his background. If you're not interested then scroll on by.
I have a strong feeling he is lazy, mooching off his Mother, squatting on her property, and bringing in just enough $$ under the table to buy himself beer. The angry brooding rebellious teenager, (except he's an adult omg), striking out immaturely when someone does not agree with him and his fragile ego. And that "his farrier business" is nonexistent except for checking the wild *advertiser censored*'s once per year. Livestock up there do not wear shoes and don't need trimming because of the terrain unless they are sick or old etc. moo.

Also I bet his "herd" of cattle was a one time purchase down payment from his dad's inheritance. Nothing lasts in his inept hands. Trade school title or not.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member