Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we know what kind of car ? was it a BMW? if so google it ...I wont even put my controvertible 650 in our garage !

More information about the location where the vehicle was found.
Body found in vehicle identified as that of missing teacher

“Sheriff's Office spokesman Sgt. Christopher Covelli said the car was found in a private driveway and the fire doesn't appear to have been caused by a traffic crash.

The driveway leads to a single family home off busy Route 41. The short private road that leads to the house starts from the highway and enters a private wooded area. It is about 1,000 feet from a gas station and hotel.”

Hmm...this sounds like the set of driveways in the trees that I scoped out a few days ago via Google Earth. Pics should be on page 1 or 2 of this thread. I wonder if these driveways are 1,000 feet from a gas station & hotel.

My heart breaks for her family. She was found in Lake County not too far from Waukeegan, they have a history of gang violence. in 2015 1100 KNOWN gang members lived there as the gangs migrate north. Unfortunately, with gangs comes an increase in violent crime. More Than A Thousand Gang Members Live in Lake County: Sheriff's Office I hope there is justice for this sweet soul.

I mean yes most of it's common sense. Who leaves their car doors unlocked overnight? But it does not provide any information to be able declare that it's anything but very rare occurance

Many gas stations require payment inside. Folks leave their cars unlocked and the cars are carjacked. Not that unusual at all.

JMO

So sad. I'm think she hurried in to pay for her gas and left her car unlocked and someone crawled in it. We pay at the pump but many people don't and people run in for a coffee or soda, etc and never lock their car.

This could be what happened. There are some stations that don't allow payment at the pump. We were at one on Chicago's south side and later learned several cars had been stolen the day we were there. In fact, there was a police officer right there interviewing someone.

JMO

Many gas stations require payment inside. Folks leave their cars unlocked and the cars are carjacked. Not that unusual at all.

JMO

Why though? For real, honest question. Maybe I cant fathom just leaving your car unlocked. To me thats like walking around holding out 100 dollar bills in your hands. Common sense says dont do that.

This seems way too personal to be a rare carjacking with her in the car

Why though? For real, honest question. Maybe I cant fathom just leaving your car unlocked. To me thats like walking around holding out 100 dollar bills in your hands. Common sense says dont do that.

I agree. It was broad daylight on a Saturday afternoon when she would have been driving. I think it's more likely the car was brought to its final location sometime after she had already been killed, and then torched, to cover up evidence of someone she knew.

I have no idea why payment inside is required rather than at the pump but it is required. People leave their car doors unlocked because it has been very cold and door locks can freeze.

JMO

If I were a carjacker, I would drive the car away while the person was inside, not wait until they came back out, kill them, then set the car on fire.
This feels personal to me. Fire was set to cover up the murder. JMO.

I have no idea why payment inside is required rather than at the pump but it is required. People leave their car doors unlocked because it has been very cold and door locks can freeze.

JMO
Payment is required inside because we have a ton of people who fill up and drive off if you don’t. It’s common practice at many gas stations especially along Hwy 41 and 43.

If I were a carjacker, I would drive the car away while the person was inside, not wait until they came back out, kill them, then set the car on fire.
This feels personal to me. Fire was set to cover up the murder. JMO.

I 100% agree. Lots of idiots out there steal cars. Very few of them kill for the cars & set cars on fire to hide bodies.

ETA: I don’t necessarily think it was personal. It could still have been a random criminal who had a chance encounter with Ms. Ryan that day.

JMO
At our local gas station, you had to go inside and pay. The clerk told me it was because there are so many credit card readers put on pumps, that they were told by the police to block the outside pay site, and make everyone come inside. They said that the police check constantly, put they remove one, and there is another one there on the pump that they can't keep up. Just MOO. Katt

Just out of curiosity and especially directed at those who are speculating "gang violence" as the cause here: do you know of any cases in which local gangs have killed someone while in commission of a robbery or other crime, driven their cars away from the city, then burned the bodies in the vehicles in private driveways -- acts which draw attention to the original crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley