CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping PF starts talking and pins her butt for exactly what her involvement is. I'm thinking he still hasn't talked and if he does her charges could change. Wishful thinking?
If he did that, he’d be confessing to his involvement in this.

He can’t point the finger at her, without pointing it directly at himself.

So unfortunately, it is wishful thinking.

I thought I heard the DA also mention a particular halfway house.... which I thought was odd in a case like this! I could be wrong.... will have to go back and listen again!

He said comcor mark 15:46 and beyond. DA was just listing off all the possible sentencing options the judge could consider because there is no mandatory sentence for this charge.

I think that if he can, he will. It just depends on the evidence and how he can best manipulate it. He hasn't said anything on public record yet so he can build his story. My guess is he wouldn't have said anything to his defense team either, other than i didn't do it, until they all look at the evidence and then he can start telling them his "story". Or if it is too overwhelming- plea..

Sounds logical to me. You never know he might plead guilty and avoid a trial like CW did.
jmo

He gives me the "vindictive" vibe so I can't get 100% behind the notion that he wouldn't implicate her further.

IMO, I think that's why the DA is choosing this timing. They're trying to rattle PF's cage, IMO. I don't think his lawyers will let it happen, but I imagine PF is MIGHTY angry about what KK said in court today. I do hope that KK has better protection than she provided KB.

@sford07
Statement on behalf of the Berreth family: The Berreths are thankful to law enforcement and the District Attorneys for continuing to diligently work on the case and bring the facts to light. —Angela Jones Sanders Law Firm Attorney for Cheryl & Darrell Berreth #KelseyBerreth

10:04 AM - 8 Feb 2019

Timeline:

Dec 21- PF arrested. Dec 22 Twin Falls search warrants started.

Can we assume that LE got to KK before Dec 21, the reasoning being that PF was charged with three counts of solicitation the day before the Twin Falls warrants. Warrants are based on solid evidence. And we are pretty sure the solicitation is with KK.

Seems LE was all over KK well before Dec. 21st, and we didn't know it.
^^^^^Yes, I like your quote!!! IMHO -LE was all over KK on November 29th...give or take a day.
};o MOO y’all

Sounds logical to me. You never know he might plead guilty and avoid a trial like CW did.
jmo

I don't know.. My non murdering logical brain says it would be stupid not to plea.

But he has the mind of a murderer. Nothing he has done is logical. The murder was unnecessary and illogical. My own personal experience has shown me that often people like this in spite of overwhelming evidence can't admit to what they did. Not sure why..

I don't know.. My non murdering logical brain says it would be stupid not to plea.

But he has the mind of a murderer. Nothing he has done is logical. The murder was unnecessary and illogical. My own personal experience has shown me that often people like this in spite of overwhelming evidence can't admit to what they did. Not sure why..

It's pretty close to impossible for a non murdering mind to understand how a murderer thinks or acts.
jmo

There really is no incentive for him to plead guilty. So I don't expect him to.

Found the info on the PC around mark 15:46

Presumptive range - presumed what the judge would do in normal circumstances: compare the case to other cases and compare sentences. up to 18 months, probation, or half way house (comcor)

Extraordinary organization- defined under colorado law, can go up to 3 yrs sentence but the judge can still give probation. The sentence is still up to the judge.

Just trying to find out what constitutes extraordinary aggravating factors and it says "no circumstances listed"

So i still don't know what would constitute extraordinary aggravating factors. Except that I am now aggravated...

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/si...riminalJusticeSpecialSentencingIssueBrief.pdf

I would think a tampering of evidence/delaying the process of proceedings to investigate involved with a homicide where the victim has not been located counts as extraordinary aggravated factors. Since she knew very early of the occurrence and delayed the process of investigation.

I am just wondering if she has more involvement than she is saying. Which yes then it will become a he said she said.

I think to take a plea you have to have more involvement than what you are pleaing to - otherwise it isn't a plea?

Today she was charged with tampering of evidence as a plea. She plead guilty.

Anything else she may have done she didn't have to talk about today, because no one asked her. LE knows, the DA knows but they are only charging her with a lesser sentence. I think at her sentencing date, she may have to admit to everything else but not today.

He said comcor mark 15:46 and beyond. DA was just listing off all the possible sentencing options the judge could consider because there is no mandatory sentence for this charge.
Thanks, thought I heard that. Seems odd to me! Although I could understand going to a halfway house after serving time.... just not as a place to serve time. Time will tell!

Like I said earlier, I read somewhere that her personal cell phone pinged near Berreths phone and was found hidden in a desk at her job at the hospital. Doesn’t anyone remember that? I promise I didn’t dream of it.

No I don't ever remember reading that. Not saying you did not see it but I haven't.

Clayton Sandell on Twitter
The attorney representing Kelsey Berreth’s parents in a federal wrongful death lawsuit against #PatrickFrazee tells me Cheryl and Darrell Berreth are “extraordinarily grateful” about Krystal Lee Kenney’s guilty plea today. More on @ABCWorldNews. @ABC
Dy5wAjPU0AEQKye.jpg

I would think a tampering of evidence/delaying the process of proceedings to investigate involved with a homicide where the victim has not been located counts as extraordinary aggravated factors. Since she knew very early of the occurrence and delayed the process of investigation.

Maybe but it isn't defined or laid out in the law (as far as the research I referenced on another post). And that is what i wanted to know- what in the law constitutes aggravating factors for tampering with evidence?

I want to know what could result in her getting the longer sentence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg