CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow, I never heard that. I know we suspected that LE tracked her down somehow involving the phone.
But for some reason I thought I read in an article posted the other day that she actually came to them. I could be wrong, but if it's true I wonder if it was around the same time the R's said they called LE. Imo

I have always thought it was disposed of but LE could have searched her work space with a warrant or the hospital let them voluntarily.

You don’t have to tell me! No one distrusts criminals more than prosecutors! I don’t believe most of what they say either. And you are obviously free to have whatever opinion you’d like about the matter. No disrespect taken whatsoever. I just trust this guy. And I think we’ll see a lot more on 2/19 that’ll help us make sense of this.
Dan May is the only thing that gives me peace in this matter.

Well, apparently that "special place" isn't prison. Because I don't think she is going there, not for long anyway.
I'm hoping PF starts talking and pins her butt for exactly what her involvement is. I'm thinking he still hasn't talked and if he does her charges could change. Wishful thinking?

Found the info on the PC around mark 15:46

Presumptive range - presumed what the judge would do in normal circumstances: compare the case to other cases and compare sentences. up to 18 months, probation, or half way house (comcor)

Extraordinary organization- defined under colorado law, can go up to 3 yrs sentence but the judge can still give probation. The sentence is still up to the judge.

Just trying to find out what constitutes extraordinary aggravating factors and it says "no circumstances listed"

So i still don't know what would constitute extraordinary aggravating factors. Except that I am now aggravated...

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/si...riminalJusticeSpecialSentencingIssueBrief.pdf

Oh, wow, I never heard that. I know we suspected that LE tracked her down somehow involving the phone.
But for some reason I thought I read in an article posted the other day that she actually came to them. I could be wrong, but if it's true I wonder if it was around the same time the R's said they called LE. Imo

I never heard that one, either. There were SO MANY rumors, though, that I ignored most things I heard about KK.

It appeared to be Ohio, but sometimes those search programs mess up

I believe all the Ohio connections were revealed to be someone with a similar name, but not KK.

Perhaps intentional infliction of emotional distress.
But, no matter what she is sued for, if she doesn’t have any assets, then they won’t be able to collect on the judgment.

As an aside, in a civil case, the plaintiffs would not be restrained by a plea bargain in the criminal case. After all, it is up to a jury to decide. Just be careful not to file a frivolous lawsuit; it must have some merit.

Ex: conspiracy, charges arising from the criminal case, not limited to what she has plead to, but based on other evidence that may be found or testified to by another witness.
They can't get intentional infliction of emotional distress. Those damages are not available. They could sue on a wrongful death, alleging she was part and parcel to the death. But they have already filed that suit and didn't include KK as a defendant. Another reason why it was stupid to have filed that suit so early. They could try to add her as a defendant, but that will almost certainly fail.

I read somewhere she was arrested for something a few years ago, not sure what for, I read it this morning and will research and get back to you.
Ok, I just found the post, one person said it was from a few years ago and someone else came back and said it was from yesterday, that she had to be fingerprinted . So I really don't know.

BBM. Exactly. For that to be the true timeline the only person that could have told her about the homicide was someone with direct knowledge of the crime (PF, IMO). KB wasn't even "missing" yet at that point.

But, if she had the knowledge at least by the 24th-25th when she knowingly tampered with the evidence, it pretty much had to come from PF or someone with direct knowledge of the homicide. KB wasn't "missing" on the 24th or 25th yet. So, I agree they tried to keep it vague but the dates pretty much tell the tale.

If KK had gone to LE directly there would have been no need to "ping" the phone and send agents and other LE to track KK down. The R's indicated they were the ones to call the FBI not KK.

They can't get intentional infliction of emotional distress. Those damages are not available. They could sue on a wrongful death, alleging she was part and parcel to the death. But they have already filed that suit and didn't include KK as a defendant. Another reason why it was stupid to have filed that suit so early. They could try to add her as a defendant, but that will almost certainly fail.

Thank you - much appreciated. :)

Do you suppose PF will point his finger at KK?

I think that if he can, he will. It just depends on the evidence and how he can best manipulate it. He hasn't said anything on public record yet so he can build his story. My guess is he wouldn't have said anything to his defense team either, other than i didn't do it, until they all look at the evidence and then he can start telling them his "story". Or if it is too overwhelming- plea..

I don't think we have a handle on what her punishment might be exactly. According to KKTV, "Lee's sentence could be anywhere from 12 to 18 months in prison, community corrections or probation". That means to me she might only get probation. In reading Colorado law, she could get 12 to 18 months in prison and a 1,000-100,000$ fine. ( KKTV didn't mention the fine). The clock is ticking, the state has to sentence her within 3 to 5 years. If she gets one year in prison, she might be out in a few months and might serve her sentence in a minimum security facility. We need an attorney to wade in on this and list the minimum and maximum allowed for this. IMO
I thought I heard the DA also mention a particular halfway house.... which I thought was odd in a case like this! I could be wrong.... will have to go back and listen again!

Not rio But it would Not be a very good plea deal for her side if it required testimony at trial. I think they will get a deposition from her, and that will fulfill the requirement.

They said in court, and they said afterwards during the presser, that she is required for Testimony at trial(s) for anyone that is associated with this case if she is called to testify.

I found it interesting that she only admitted in open court that she move the telephone. She did not admit to sending those texts.

Moo

Ok, I just found the post, one person said it was from a few years ago and someone else came back and said it was from yesterday, that she had to be fingerprinted . So I really don't know.

In the presser it was stated KK was served a summons yesterday. However, IDK if that means she was fingerprinted or had a mugshot yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny