CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because we might think something should be criminal, doesn’t make it so.

We hate what she did.

We hate her for what she did.

But that doesn’t change the fact that not reporting solicitation of murder, is not criminal.

We don’t have to like it, but that is the law.
We know not reporting isn’t against the law.

And it can never be law unless we the people stand up and demand she be held accountable.

We can’t just allow people of low moral character to slither under a rock while some innocent is murdered. This is a discussion worth having.

I think you're right. She could have dropped the info off at the police station, got in her car and disappeared for a few weeks until he was in custody. Anything other than participate in a murder.

Yes, and we have seen she is skilled at staying out of the public eye and disappearing for a few weeks.

so SRG I'll give you that in general...for sure. However, someone she knows of has been murdered and she likely knows how and saw evidence of that..possibly even knows of how KB was disposed of. Dead bodies, evidence of human remains, knowledge and or evidence of disposal of human remains are not usually conducive to a strong desire to have a meal. Most people barf. This is not normal stress that would lead to normal stress eating. I get the stress eating maybe later on...after she's back home. But not so much right by KBs house within hours or everything going on.
JMHO
Well I guess so far we don't know that KK saw, or if she were close to KBs remains, or what exactly the deal was. I for sure have no idea.

I agree that most of us would think barfing is more normal response, but this was far from a normal normal situation. Let’s say KK was freaking out after whatever murder related part she participated in. She still had to drive KBs cell phone to ID. No time to freak out.

Enter food. Food numbs high emotional activation. Opposite of barfing, but involves the GI system. Her barfing came later IF she had an opportunity to feel safe.

Sorry if I’m not explaining this well and I don’t want to bore people or get off topic! I’m thinking no more stress eating posts for now. Decided to get DQ Oreo Blizzard instead.

But thank you all for asking good questions!

Last edited:
Being in a relationship with a bully/control freak would only make it harder for KB to leave.
Thanks for making my point, which is that things are rarely “simple”. And yet how many people out there shake their heads at a story of someone who stays with an abuser and they say, “I myself would never have stayed if I were in that situation.”

I’ve had situations in my life where I judged others and didn’t think I could possibly fall into the traps they did. Then life happened, and poor choices were made, and I was humbled. A lot of us don’t realize that we are just one or two choices away from devastation, until those choices have already been made.

I knew it was the phone. Now I can’t help but wonder, just speculation, if PFs defense will try to pin this on her. She had a motive. I think she knew more. JMO. I think she was involved more. JMO. PF will turn on her too. JMO

if she is only pleading to the phone, who got/disposed of/ has KB's purse?

so let's be bad and think about this for a sec...personally, I think she could well have been secretly excited to tell her friend PF wanted KB murdered. Cuz why wouldn't she be excited to have her rival KB out of the way? But what if...he never asked her to do that, never solicited her...what if it was really her idea...she just finally got him to go with it. And they were both in on ?t...cuz why else would it be on a holiday where a nurse could have several vacation days off from work. And once it was done neither trusted the other (because they are both garbage)and things fell apart between them.
So now she's "scared poor thing" because he is a murderer (which he is) and he's going to say she did it out of jealousy (because that also is true.)
Wow... I think you are exactly right ... I do think she was “bragging” about PF wanting to get rid of KB ... to explain to her BFF why in the hell she was having anything to do with PF ...
I think her BFF has a conscience ... unlike KK.
And OMG! Of course she got scared AFTER the fact when it finally hit her that she had conspired with a murderer - and WHY wouldn’t he just murder her, too - so there are No witnesses?
I wonder who or what enlightened her?
She certainly never realized it while she was feeding her “jealousy” of KB and thinking about WHAT she could have if KB was gone.

Well, in your opinion, only you don't know enough to crucify her and that is fine.

Many of us, in our opinions, know enough to crucify her, and that is our right to do so. I'll tell you what- if my daughter was killed in such a manner and another woman knew it was going to happen (come on, think we're witless lemmings here?) and did nothing about it, then took her phone with her to destroy it, you think I would need more evidence to crucify this woman? I don't know how poor Kelsey's family is staying so classy and silent- I would be fuming and have a hatred and rage towards both PF and KK. I don't discriminate. Only difference between the two- one was planning the act, while the other ignored the planning. So yeah, I am crucifying her- I think of her little baby who will never feel her loving mother's arms around her again, her parents who lost a daughter, her brother than lost his sister. I could never look them in the eye and tell them not to crucify her, she did nothing wrong- for God's sake, she had her phone and was willing to destroy it, instead of turning that monster in!

You can defend her all you want, fine by me. I can skip over or ignore people's comments I don't agree with and be respectful about it. But I will not change my mind on this woman- she is just as sick and evil as the jerk that killed Kelsey- both are monsters.

PREACH!

Just reading her body language today she would occasionally look at the camera and glare. The 9 news video I just watched upthread is a great example. She comes across as being very angry at the police, the media, the public. Defiance is never a good look. I just feel she was very jealous of KB. If you have ever been involved with someone who you thought you loved that was involved with another person you KNOW you compared yourself to your competition. I think it’s human nature. Let’s face it KB was beautiful, tiny, intelligent and had a good solid job. In addition KB had one thing KK didn’t. She had PFs baby. I know jealousy had to be playing a big part in KKs motive to help PF with that phone. They have come up with the defense that she was scared of PF. She didn’t look scared today. She looked angry. Every bit of my hinky meter is going off the chart that she is not being truthful. If a man will kill what would stop him for blaming her for the whole thing? He may say she did it and he was afraid of her. JMO.
I agree with you Snow Flower. I have zero doubt that PF is guilty as sin, but I wouldn't be one bit shocked if it was at KKs urging. She strikes me as an evil Queen.

Could be that is exactly what the DA is doing. I think the DA already knows KK has lied. Her lies will be the deal breaker.

JMO
I agree, but that is a double edged sword, is it not? We know she's a liar, but the DA does need for her to be at least a little bit credible as she is testifying against PF and we DO want him where he belongs for what HE did. I'm so conflicted in this regard. I want her exposed for her lies and "poor me" persona, but at the same time I want a jury to believe what she says about PF. Yikes, I am SO CONFLICTED!

Someone who knows the threat isn't real because they made it up to cover their own behinds.
MOO
And she would cover her behind because this is what she really wanted all along..and was quite possibly in on it all along. This would fill in a lot of the holes we all keep tripping all over.
Most of us don't understand why she didn't report it...cuz she wanted it to happen?
Most of us don't believe she is so terrified...maybe because she wasn't..until she got caught?
Many of us think she was very jealous or PF will use that...maybe because she was/is?
Most of us don't think she is all that innocent...maybe because she is not.
How could she possibly eat just like that? Because it didn't really bother her? Killing and cleaning up is hard work?
What if they kind of played each other and were both all for the murder? It wouldn't be the first time something like that has ever happened and then the two flip on each other after the fact.

I was so hoping the DA today would be asked if KK approached LE first or if LE approached KK after the lawyers' call? I try to keep up but maybe I missed that nugget somewhere along the line. Anyone know? ty

Few questions....

I swore I read earlier today here on WS that she does not have to appear in person at upcoming court dates, but can appear by video link. Did anyone else hear that?

Next question, is she wearing ankle monitor? It could be possible but did anyone, like media, ask?

Thanks
She is allowed to phone in. It's in the press conference. Irony...

Well, apparently that "special place" isn't prison. Because I don't think she is going there, not for long anyway.

prison is costly and LE does not seem to think she is currently a danger to anyone else

Massguy, let's cut through the proverbial doggy doo here. Fact is, KK was told in September by PF that he was paying to have his fiance murdered. Let that sink in for a minute, that was nearly 2 and a half months before he actually murdered her. In that nearly 90 days, 2160 minutes KK couldn't go to LE because she was being threatened by some momma's boy farrier/dog trainer/handyman two states away? Really? And although she was too afraid to go to LE she told a friend who was employed in an atty's office? And then so fearful that she traveled 1600 miles to get a phone, spend two or three days with this man she was deathly afraid of, and transported a phone for him and most likely sent emails to cover up his crime and then continued to go about her normal life. She didn't pack up her kids and try to run??? I mean after all, this big scary man killed his fiance and certainly didn't need any loose ends, and had already threatened her and her children with the words "disappear" and she didn't even change her stinking hair color to make it a little more difficult for him to find her? Bull-honkey.
No, she's a pageant girl, used to competing against women and winning. She grinds her competitors into the dust, she doesn't run away afraid. And there is nothing in her actions that speaks of fear, it all screams manipulation and the desire to grind her competitor KB into dust. 2160 minutes she had to run, go to the police, make an anonymous phone call. 1600 miles of driving with a phone that she knew belonged to a murdered woman and she executed her plan.
The only thing she's scared of is that butt looks bad in her courtroom videos.
I couldn't have said this better, even if I wanted to. Great post!

This is my guess. I think PF brought KK along when he picked up the baby after Safeway trip. He left KK in truck, went to condo and brought the baby and baby bag out and handed everything to KK to watch over.

Then he said he needed to go back and talk to KB about something really quick, and went back in. Then he blindsided KB and hid her somewhere in the condo. And he took KK and the baby to Thanksgiving family dinner.

At some point after dark he snuck back to condo and did removal of body and the evidence and did a clean up.

He then confided in KK and desperately asked for help getting rid of the phone, etc.

Agree partially. I think she sat with the baby, knowing full well what he returned to the house to do. He returned to the vehicle, where she “learned” KB was deceased. I think they both participated in the clean up and disposal.

I believe she was able to describe the murder scene to LE. LE returned to the scene with their CSI unit because of KKL’s direct information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat