CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #36 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I had a miserable thought that just popped into my head- maybe PF wanted to be rid of both KB and KK and is going to have a little bit of fun with KK in court by turning the tide.

I personally think that KK meant absolutely nothing to PF, except as a useful tool to do his bidding.

I don't think he had any intention of getting serious with KK.

If he had gotten away with the murder of KB he'd be riding off into the sunset with somebody else. I don't believe PF is capable of loving anyone except himself.

IMO he's a narcissistic sociopath who is used to manipulating people into doing his bidding.

This certainly doesn't let KK off in the least. She went along with it willingly, imo, and only squealed when she was nailed and realized that PF would leave her dangling out to dry. Then she turned. Quickly. Birds of a feather etc.

The match made in hell is burning.

MOO

Agree partially. I think she sat with the baby, knowing full well what he returned to the house to do. He returned to the vehicle, where she “learned” KB was deceased. I think they both participated in the clean up and disposal.

I believe she was able to describe the murder scene to LE. LE returned to the scene with their CSI unit because of KKL’s direct information.
Ding, ding, ding.....give the lady a prize.

To continue with Sonicgate, I read very early on that KB's debit card was used there. ?? Drive-thru restaurants are one of the rare places that don't require a PIN entry. You just hand them the card. They hand it back with your bag of chili cheese frito pie.

Possibly her card was used in the same way as her phone texts. To distance her murder from the 22nd.

A mother is dead; a simple phone call could have prevented it.

Even if that simple phone call didn’t prevent it, atleast she would have done the right thing.

I’ve seen “her shoes,” they are covered in Kelsey’s blood.

Morally speaking.
Thanks Mass Guy. I appreciate there are still some straight thinking people in this world.

I don't think the prosecution sucks. There is no basis for saying that. We don't know anything about their case.

Fair enough but please help me out, here, as I've twice asked about this with no responses:

Had the prosecution combed through the Colorado criminal code, don't you think there's a good chance that she could have been charged with several (maybe four or five) crimes, assuring she wouldn't get off so lightly in a deal? I realize things have to be given up in a plea deal but if she'd been charged with more, they could have still offered a reduction in charges & punishment while still assuring she did some real time.

I don't know what the statutes are. I'm not a lawyer. However, I see a few things that might be very illegal that she might have been charged with. Some things that come to mind, in addition to the tampering charge:

Accessory after the fact.
Obstruction of justice.
Destruction of evidence.
Stealing evidence.
Taking evidence across state lines.
Impersonating KB for nefarious purposes.
Wire or telecom fraud for the texts.
Etc.

Any of that stuff in the criminal code or anything along those lines or similar? My point being, you've got this accomplice that you need to dish on Frazee, in order to get him but you want her punished, too, so you pile on everything you legitimately can in order to be able to drop some of those charges for a "deal", she faces reduced time and is still motivated to testify but still goes to prison. IOW, in some deal she may get her potential prison time reduced by half but still goes away for at least five years (or along those lines).

I think some people truly believe that the prosecution is getting the raw end of the deal with this plea agreement, but I really do not believe this to be the case.

I think the fact that KK was quickly located and taken in shows that they've had her from the get go; I think they laid out for her exactly what they could and would do to her if she didn't cooperate, and I think that's why she did. I do not believe this woman has a moral compass or a heart, I don't think she talked because she felt bad. She only talked because she knew what the alternative was.

I also believe they have the phone and purse. I think KK has been pinpointing where the body could be, as I believe that is the only reason they would search a landfill; landfill searches can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, and usually are not done for things like a purse or phone.

This broad has been talking since the first day LE approached her. Whatever she gave them made them certain enough of KK's death and PF's involvement that they were able to arrest him on 12/21 without a body. They've been hanging onto her since then, weeks and weeks and weeks of negotiations...she gives them a bit, they verify it, then move on to the next.

This is not a blind plea deal where KK said, yeah well I know some things, and I'll tell you what they are at trial if you give me a deal. LE and the DA already know absolutely everything they need, and it's all been verified, and only then was she allowed to actually plea to the charge they gave her.

DA May sounds like an ultra ethical, super on-top-of-it DA; I am excited to see what he delivers on 2/19. Hopefully people will be a tad less upset, but I do understand why the outrage today. She's disgusting.
Hear, hear!

And this is definitely not a blind deal.

I never said the two things were the same. Respectfully, you’re setting up a straw man argument and I am not going to do that.

Now if anyone wants to talk about PF, who certainly seems to be the actual murderer in this case, I’m game. If he could read this thread, I’m thinking he would be feeling ignored.
the point here is...his butt is in jail...hes getting whats coming to him. sweet!

we are free discuss an accomplice who has sealed up a very nice disassociated little package for herself.
whom so happened to be in court within the past 24 hours.
if you find it unjust the lack of support and understanding coming kl's way..... maybe scroll and roll.
this board is open to discuss it and there is plenty to discuss about KL!!

IMO

To continue with Sonicgate, I read very early on that KB's debit card was used there. ?? Drive-thru restaurants are one of the rare places that don't require a PIN entry. You just hand them the card. They hand it back with your bag of chili cheese frito pie.

Possibly her card was used in the same way as her phone texts. To distance her murder from the 22nd.
The reason I doubt this, is because the trail was apparently cold for several days following her disappearance.

Had her credit card been used somewhere, I think we would have heard about this.

All we heard about was that phone ping, and those two text messages.

It’s possible that this was kept quiet, but because they didn’t know what they were dealing with at that point, I think law enforcement would have put it out there.

Oh you know there's a PF "fan club" - there always is.
KK might end up in the clank yet. :eek:
jmo
I have to say, this has always trouble me about us..women I mean. What in the world possesses women to admire these crazy, murderous bastards? Then again...speaking of Karla Homolka...someone married that nightmare, and had kids with her...so...

Well, in your opinion, only you don't know enough to crucify her and that is fine.

Many of us, in our opinions, know enough to crucify her, and that is our right to do so. I'll tell you what- if my daughter was killed in such a manner and another woman knew it was going to happen (come on, think we're witless lemmings here?) and did nothing about it, then took her phone with her to destroy it, you think I would need more evidence to crucify this woman? I don't know how poor Kelsey's family is staying so classy and silent- I would be fuming and have a hatred and rage towards both PF and KK. I don't discriminate. Only difference between the two- one was planning the act, while the other ignored the planning. So yeah, I am crucifying her- I think of her little baby who will never feel her loving mother's arms around her again, her parents who lost a daughter, her brother than lost his sister. I could never look them in the eye and tell them not to crucify her, she did nothing wrong- for God's sake, she had her phone and was willing to destroy it, instead of turning that monster in!

You can defend her all you want, fine by me. I can skip over or ignore people's comments I don't agree with and be respectful about it. But I will not change my mind on this woman- she is just as sick and evil as the jerk that killed Kelsey- both are monsters.
Thank you isn’t enough!

I agree that she is, but she's not more involved than he is...and I don't want to risk the prosecution of him. He's behind this and I have no doubt he went into that condo, looked the mother of his child in the eyes, and murdered her in cold blood. The DA only gets one shot.
I completely agree!

Why do you think others believe KK was the "instigator," "mastermind," and that PF killed for her? I don't think PF does for anybody but himself -- he even deprived his daughter of her own mother.

So if you know a crime is about to be committed, you just keep your mouth shut.
Thanks.
Hope we don’t live in the same community. I’m no hero. But I would try to save your hide. Can’t expect the same from you huh?
I am seriously guessing that the solicitations were in writing such as texts/email or verbal phone calls/voice mail, etc because law enforcement knows about them. A solicitation is not the same as a friendly "I may kill my girlfriend tonight." The prosecution cannot have it both ways. They cannot charge solicitations involving KK but say she knows nothing about his plans plus participate in evidence tampering.

The reason I doubt this, is because the trail was apparently cold for several days following her disappearance.

Had her credit card been used somewhere, I think we would have heard about this.

All we heard about was that phone ping, and those two text messages.

It’s possible that this was kept quiet, but because they didn’t know what they were dealing with at that point, I think law enforcement would have put it out there.

Maybe if CC used at Sonic the same day as texts. idk.

Anyway thanks for dragging me out of that rabbit hole. I get lost down there so easily with this case. ;);)

I personally think that KK meant absolutely nothing to PF, except as a useful tool to do his bidding.

I don't think he had any intention of getting serious with KK.

If he had gotten away with the murder of KB he'd be riding off into the sunset with somebody else. I don't believe PF is capable of loving anyone except himself.

IMO he's a narcissistic sociopath who is used to manipulating people into doing his bidding.

This certainly doesn't let KK off in the least. She went along with it willingly, imo, and only squealed when she was nailed and realized that PF would leave her dangling out to dry. Then she turned. Quickly. Birds of a feather etc.

The match made in hell is burning.

MOO
Makes you wonder about her comment about her thinking that PF might have killed before- did she squeak that out by accident? Who's to say that they both haven't conspired before to harm or kill someone else?

For some reason, I am truly stuck on that comment of hers.

Ok, finally caught up. I think. So KK learned of KB’s death on 11/22. And allegedly took the phone to impede the investigation on 11/24 or 11/25. Is that right? This makes me think that PF and KK planned the texts together that were sent from KB’s phone. I think KK was more than just a courier of the phone.

I get that PF’s plan was to make people think KB took off, but would it not have been smarter to just leave her phone at the condo? IMO the phone is what screwed PF.

I can’t wait to find out when KK arrived in CO and how this plays out.

Praying for justice for Kelsey! And prayers that they find her body.

Fair enough but please help me out, here, as I've twice asked about this with no responses:

Had the prosecution combed through the Colorado criminal code, don't you think there's a good chance that she could have been charged with several (maybe four or five) crimes, assuring she wouldn't get off so lightly in a deal? I realize things have to be given up in a plea deal but if she'd been charged with more, they could have still offered a reduction in charges & punishment while still assuring she did some real time.

I don't know what the statutes are. I'm not a lawyer. However, I see a few things that might be very illegal that she might have been charged with. Some things that come to mind, in addition to the tampering charge:

Accessory after the fact.
Obstruction of justice.
Destruction of evidence.
Stealing evidence.
Taking evidence across state lines.
Impersonating KB for nefarious purposes.
Wire or telecom fraud for the texts.
Etc.

Any of that stuff in the criminal code or anything along those lines or similar? My point being, you've got this accomplice that you need to dish on Frazee, in order to get him but you want her punished, too, so you pile on everything you legitimately can in order to be able to drop some of those charges for a "deal", she faces reduced time and is still motivated to testify but still goes to prison. IOW, in some deal she may get her potential prison time reduced by half but still goes away for at least five years (or along those lines).

She probably could have been charged with any, all, and more crimes. They came to an agreement for her to enter a plea deal instead of taking a chance at trial. The equalizer was the information she provided.

If her information is/was 100 percent correct, she wins, LE wins, PF rots. If she lied or told half truths and doesn’t testify to the full extent, the deal is off. Then the alternatives are PF is free, hung jury and a new trial, PF is guilty. KKL loses her deal she faces the same fate as PF, plus her failure to meet the requirements of her deal are now used against her.

My hope...LE and the DA know more than she thinks, and in the end she rots in prison the same as PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab