GUILTY NC - Kathleen Peterson, 48, found dead in her Durham home, 9 Dec 2001

You would have to suspend reality for the owl theory. The crime scene is inside the house at the stairwell. The owl came in the house and then got back outside, all without Michael not noticing it??

Don’t know if the blowpoke was the weapon either, but whatever the weapon, my theory is Michael’s first call was to Todd and he and Todd got rid of the weapon and attempted to clean up the crime scene and came up with “she must have fell down the stairs”.

Michael Peterson is as guilty as they come in MOO

The fact that the blowpolk just so happened to be missing from the house was quite a coincidence.

I know it's been a while since this thread was active, sorry to raise it from dead.
The only information I have about the case is from The Staircase. I've realized that many people here find the docuseries biased and omitting important information which would go against MP. People mention evidence such as shoes being taken off, luminol traces towards the sink, wine in the kitchen, blood on the front door and in the yard, etc.
However, I haven't seen anywhere any sources for these evidence. So, where can I find sources about the case? Are the trial transcripts available online?

Thank you :) I was a passive reader for some time.

Did you see the earlier versions of the staircase - where they introduced an "owl" theory? It was before Netflix. The Netflix series has been a bit different. In the old case, the owl theory could be true, but if we are counting Germany as well, if the markings are indeed 'the same', then who knows?

No, which earlier versions? I just watched those, what, 12-13 episodes on Netflix. There was a 3-minute extra about the owl theory, but I don't think that theory is really plausible, the feathers are microscopic and could have been in her hair due to her being outside at any point of time.
I think the most probable thing that happened would be that either he planned to kill her and then did, or he didn't plan to, they got into an argument, he hurt her and then panicked and finished her off. But that's all based not on the docuseries, but on what people have been saying here about him changing his story, analysis of the hair in her hands etc, for which I haven't found any sources.

But
The fact that the blowpolk just so happened to be missing from the house was quite a coincidence.
It did return gathered in dust, but there could have been an extra one...

No, which earlier versions? I just watched those, what, 12-13 episodes on Netflix. There was a 3-minute extra about the owl theory, but I don't think that theory is really plausible, the feathers are microscopic and could have been in her hair due to her being outside at any point of time.
I think the most probable thing that happened would be that either he planned to kill her and then did, or he didn't plan to, they got into an argument, he hurt her and then panicked and finished her off. But that's all based not on the docuseries, but on what people have been saying here about him changing his story, analysis of the hair in her hands etc, for which I haven't found any sources.
Just look on youtube, they have the first series there...

I find the owl theory a bit crazy too, but is it true they found a feather in her hair? IDK

But

Was it the same blowpolk that her sister bought for them as a gift? I thought the wound on Kathleen's head was the same shape as the end of the blowpolk?

Was it the same blowpolk that her sister bought for them as a gift? I thought the wound on Kathleen's head was the same shape as the end of the blowpolk?

They haven't specifically said a blowpolk. They have said it's consistent with repeat trauma to the head & bleeding out. I'm not sure if i can post the link to her autopsy, but it's easy to find in a search. All MOO.

Here's something to the contrary, someone's opinion about the owl theory, but he's not the only one, & i'm on the fence :)

The "Owl Theory" - David S. Rudolf

Could indeed be...

But

I remember during the trial that the blowpoke couldn't be found for a while, and then it appeared but it looked brand new. The prosecution did raise that possibility...
The man was guilty. Period. IMHO

I remember during the trial that the blowpoke couldn't be found for a while, and then it appeared but it looked brand new. The prosecution did raise that possibility...
The man was guilty. Period. IMHO
It was missing but reappeared with close up shots of it being very dusty and containing cobwebs... it was in the series, even the latest i think. MOO. perhaps it was a gift she gave to someone else... & they retrieved it?

The owl theory is just ridiculous to me. If an owl attached, there would be more than microscopic foot feathers in the house and near the staircase.

I am on the fence about a blow poke. Her skull was in tact, right? (I don't know every detail of this case and still need to watch the whole Netflix series.)

They haven't specifically said a blowpolk. They have said it's consistent with repeat trauma to the head & bleeding out. I'm not sure if i can post the link to her autopsy, but it's easy to find in a search. All MOO.

Here's something to the contrary, someone's opinion about the owl theory, but he's not the only one, & i'm on the fence :)

The "Owl Theory" - David S. Rudolf

WOW! I had no idea about this owl theory. So basically, Kathleen might of been out in her yard doing something, when a gang of owl's could have swooped down, and started attacking her head. She then runs into the house to try and get away, and ends up slipping down the staircase.

This actually makes sense. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I just watched a tv episode about the gold legend on treasure mountain, a team of hunters was actually attacked and chased by a giant white owl that flew out of a cave.

So there might be a retrial in this case?

The owl theory is just ridiculous to me. If an owl attached, there would be more than microscopic foot feathers in the house and near the staircase.

I am on the fence about a blow poke. Her skull was in tact, right? (I don't know every detail of this case and still need to watch the whole Netflix series.)

The owl theory is in someways ridiculous to me also but it needs to be ruled out scientifically. Why would there be feathers on her if M attacked her? Unless there where owls hanging around. And if they were, they could attack?

WOW! I had no idea about this owl theory. So basically, Kathleen might of been out in her yard doing something, when a gang of owl's could have swooped down, and started attacking her head. She then runs into the house to try and get away, and ends up slipping down the staircase.

This actually makes sense. Thank you for sharing it with us.

I just watched a tv episode about the gold legend on treasure mountain, a team of hunters was actually attacked and chased by a giant white owl that flew out of a cave.

So there might be a retrial in this case?
I don't think it was ever suspected that a team of owls hit her, just one....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back