CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #37 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't like my post, and it's not my opinion exactly but a stray thought I have entertained for a long time since I first vaguely heard of another scorned woman/love triangle... it could be that PF is the one in protective custody.

There is something about the whole plot that, for me, reeks of female scheming. And KK has an identifiable motive where PF's is unknown and only guessed about.

It makes no sense to me that KK was in a relationship with PF 15 years ago, has always carried a torch for him, hooked up with him again in 2016, the love of her life - then in 2018 he is now suddenly evil incarnate, may have killed before, is soliciting KK to commit murder for months, threatening her, threatening her children, and KK is blabbing all this to her BFF to spread the word that PF is going to murder KB - then KK goes to CO to help dispose of evidence.

It looks like KK was setting up PF for months.

I don't believe PF is in protective custody but I totally agree that the plot reeks of female scheming. That's why I fear KK's plea deal could hurt the DA's case rather than help it.

You raise an issue that has concerned me and that is the fact that KK and PF have had a long term relationship and apparently were some kind of business partners. That opens up the possibility PF has had no romantic interest in KK whatsoever and phone calls between the two may be because of business and not because he was soliciting murder.

I don't believe PF threatened KK's children or that KK thinks he is evil. If KK's friends think spouting all their spin in the media helps KK, they are badly mistaken. All that has accomplished is raise more suspicions about KK's involvement. I wonder now if the recent cows that were sold belonged to PF and KK and that is the money she is using for her attorney.

JMO

Still, without material evidence that Kelsey is dead, it would be very hard to convict PF of murder. KK's testimony would not have been sufficient. I believe the evidence came before PF's arrest.

There is no doubt the police have evidence she is dead. They went from holding out hope she was alive to immediately stating she was deceased after the second search of her home.

The material they brought out of the home - large pieces of sheetrock or cupboards suggests splatter of some type of body fluid.

They don't arrest as fast as LE did in no body cases unless they have alot of evidence. There was an article by a DA that talked about 3 legs that are needed for a no body case and how the liklihood of conviction in a no body case is higher because they don't arrest and charge until the case is really strong.

Now, Dave, let's not be too hasty about yanking the blowhorn out of their (greedy, self-serving) hands. I'm thinking we need to give everyone their full 15 minutes here.

I'd personally like to see an "Open Mike" night in the Shouse Arena there in TF, which as we all know is home to the annual TF County Fair and Magic Valley Stampede.

All of the locals could get up and regale the crowd with tales of KK's supremely admirable character and amazing attributes. I'm thinking there'd be local TV coverage....possible live streaming?

Wouldn't they feel somewhat obligated to let CBS continue with the traditional network morning specials, rather than go for live streaming on pay-for-view?
IMO

They aren't journalists but even some CBS bimbo could ask, "So, you've said that Patrick Frazee solicited your friend to murder Kelsey Berreth. Is that correct?" "Yes". "Then you also knew, in advance, that her murder was being planned. Why didn't YOU go to the police? How do feel knowing you might have prevented Kelsey's murder?"

Your great questioning would have MS stuttering, and wishing to leave.:):)
Perhaps the questions are bland, so MS comes back for more, and her friends follow, all done for ratings.
MOO.

My one and only problem with the "fear" story, is this;
Lets say I was so terrified for my life and the life of my children that I felt I had no other choice than to do what PF asked. My primary loyalty is to my kids and protecting them. I would do anything for them.

So I do what he asks, because now I am even more terrified, he has already killed one woman (KB). I take the phone and i do what he says and drive it to Idaho.

If i was so terrified, I know he has killed once. There is no question I'm not safe even if I do what he asks re the phone. So I drive and take that phone to the nearest major police station and tell them everything I know.

She had everything to gain by going to LE, after she had the phone. Protection from the person she apparently feared the most. Protection for her kids. He wasn't holding anyone hostage until she completed her task. Maybe LE wouldn't have believed the solicitation stuff, but KK had KB's phone and the police would not be able to find KB.

That she didn't go to LE after she had the phone, is the nail in the coffin for me. Can't wait to hear how she answers that when the defense team grills her.
Unless there is another person involved, or he led her to THINK there was, and that person was in IDAHO and poised to do bad things if PF called and gave him the word. Total speculation of course, but that would be one way he could make it a real threat.

Hark, is that the voice of reason I hear? It's gotta' be mickey! Hey, mick!

The only problem with this, what standing would an ex GF have with making a police report about an ex BF, "This ex BF, PF, in Colorado is going to kill his current GF".

"He threatened me and my children if I didn't agree to help him".

Where would that go? And if it was investigated PF and KK would have been told?

If PF goes to trial, what will KK do for the next 6 months to 2 years? Kind of hard to hold down a job during all this nonsense. Doubt she’s independently wealthy. Maybe should have thought of that, even if scared, before helping to cover up a murder.
Where she lives there might be enough people who believe she's a victim, too.

You won't like my post, and it's not my opinion exactly but a stray thought I have entertained for a long time since I first vaguely heard of another scorned woman/love triangle... it could be that PF is the one in protective custody.

There is something about the whole plot that, for me, reeks of female scheming. And KK has an identifiable motive where PF's is unknown and only guessed about.

It makes no sense to me that KK was in a relationship with PF 15 years ago, has always carried a torch for him, hooked up with him again in 2016, the love of her life - then in 2018 he is now suddenly evil incarnate, may have killed before, is soliciting KK to commit murder for months, threatening her, threatening her children, and KK is blabbing all this to her BFF to spread the word that PF is going to murder KB - then KK goes to CO to help dispose of evidence.

It looks like KK was setting up PF for months.
I might agree, except that PF was the one running around for the few months before killing KB telling people that they weren't together, that KB was a drug addict, that she had abandoned her child several times, had gone off before, etc. That story wasn't circulated by KK.

My one and only problem with the "fear" story, is this;
Lets say I was so terrified for my life and the life of my children that I felt I had no other choice than to do what PF asked. My primary loyalty is to my kids and protecting them. I would do anything for them.

So I do what he asks, because now I am even more terrified, he has already killed one woman (KB). I take the phone and i do what he says and drive it to Idaho.

If i was so terrified, I know he has killed once. There is no question I'm not safe even if I do what he asks re the phone. So I drive and take that phone to the nearest major police station and tell them everything I know.

She had everything to gain by going to LE, after she had the phone. Protection from the person she apparently feared the most. Protection for her kids. He wasn't holding anyone hostage until she completed her task. Maybe LE wouldn't have believed the solicitation stuff, but KK had KB's phone and the police would not be able to find KB.

That she didn't go to LE after she had the phone, is the nail in the coffin for me. Can't wait to hear how she answers that when the defense team grills her.

This is a theory that I've thought about a lot and really want to buy into, but then again I've watched countless true crime shows where there's a ransom note or similar situation and, rather than to contact LE immediately, the involved party follows directions to not involve LE (as I yell at my TV). Sure, you or I would go straight to the police with the phone, but that doesn't mean that everyone would.

If PF goes to trial, what will KK do for the next 6 months to 2 years? Kind of hard to hold down a job during all this nonsense. Doubt she’s independently wealthy. Maybe should have thought of that, even if scared, before helping to cover up a murder.

There's always work to be done on a ranch...lots of poop-scooping, I hear.

I'm sad for KK's parents who probably made sacrifices for her to get a nursing degree which is pretty worthless now. I suppose she could sit with sick people in their homes.

Last edited:
In the scenario of threats of violence against children or blackmail, I would still go to the police.

He could have threatened her (I have witnessed something similar) by pointing out that if she called the Sheriff, he's a hometown boy. They'll likely do nothing more initially than drop by for a chat. He'll tell them about his cray-cray recently-divorced ex in Idaho that is jealous of his new fiancee and baby-mama. The minute they leave, he'll get in his truck, drive straight through to Idaho, and go after her children and there will be nothing the law can do to protect her.

Sadly, it might very well have played out that way if she had told and I think PF knew that.

That has been discussed in prior threads. Colorado prosecutors have recently gotten a Murder in the First Degree conviction in a "no-body" trial. It takes a tremendous amount of work, and hundreds of witnesses, but it can be done. There is another one going through the lengthy process toward trial in Pueblo right now. IMO

I think evidence of lots of blood would suffice, even if it's only made known by a Luminol test. Add in a confession to the Rodeo Queen and you're good to go. MOO

Last edited:
I agree that fear COULD have driven KKL’s involvement. But all we have to go on is what the Rs and MS said. I’m not going to firmly give her the “fear” pass until I know more about the circumstances. What was it about his threats that made her feel that she had no other option? That’s what I’m waiting on.

I don’t know why the Rs and MS have been so willing to be interviewed so early in this case, unless it’s for the publicity for their business.
I think the R's and MS are willing to be interviewed to absolve themselves of their responsibility in this. They've taken a public bashing for not following up on the information.

Wouldn't they feel somewhat obligated to let CBS continue with the traditional network morning specials, rather than go for live streaming on pay-for-view?
IMO

Well, that's a bit of a programming snag, true. But if they went w/ a nighttime
Pay-Per-View Event, a portion of the proceeds could go towards KK's attorney fees.

Also, turns out, bulletproof muumuus are bespoke, so not cheap!

A telethon, while admittedly old-school, is also an idea worth exploring.

I don't know about anybody else, but I would certainly pick up the phone and call in to the station.

JMO.

What if he committed a perfect murder and left no other evidence? He could get away with it and she would be in jeopardy. Not sure if that crossed her mind when she decided to go through with it. I'd like to know what other pros did she find as justification.

this, or there may be an electronic trail where he told other(s) the deed was done IMO. We haven't seen any release of anything that I am aware of so this is all speculation.

Could PF had provided KK, and any other Jerk, and himself with burner phones, as he probably had his plan for ages?
Burner phones used for these illicit activities.
However, as these Creeps, aren't bright, one of them could refer to a previous discussion from burner phones onto their ordinary phones, therefore alerting LE
ie LE could state, "How was KK contacted, if we have no electronic evidence for this?"
MOO.

I can't speak to the situation in Idaho, but I can provide some insight regarding the mindset of people in communities similar to it in surrounding states. The critical factor is whether community members are helpful or hurtful, particularly if the "family name" is being threatened. A large portion of the land within small ranching communities is owned by only a few families. In the ID, WY, MO, CO region those families have generally been long time residents. They start out buying a plot of land and ranching or farming it in order to support their family. If they are fortunate the business succeeds and the start accumulating savings to purchase more land to increase their income. After a couple of decades these residents are the same people that decide it is time to provide some services that will benefit the community. The landowners form partnerships and provide things like a local bank, a closer place to shop for daily needs, repair places for their equipment, doctors/dentists, apartments (so their employees can stay close), etc. The vast number of families I have been associated with have viewed that in a noble way. They are making their "hometown" more comfortable for their friends and family. If you are a resident of their hometown, even if these more powerful families are wonderful people, you are always aware that it is best to "for them" and "not against them". If the local media speaks in an unfavorable way about someone, the friends and family will withdraw their support. In a small town that is frequently a shortcut to closing your doors. Residents cancel their subscriptions and if you've been borrowing from the bank to operate your business the funding will dry up, etc. It's difficult for "cityfolk" to comprehend the level of support, both fiscally and socially, provided to families in small and isolated communities. People who are at odds with the "community viewpoint" generally pick up stakes and move away. jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52