GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

I believe the killer did intentionally try to confuse LE. I still believe the person in the ATM footage is Valerie. Her killer must have carefully planned this murder out by intentionally knowing he would have her ATM card used in New York. I think she wasn't murdered until later that morning after the ATM withdrawal or the next day. This was certainly premeditated. I just want to know if the killer bought the suitcase or did it actually belong to Valerie? Her killer might think he was pretty smart but I'm guessing LE has his butt in custody right now due to a certain someone not being on social media. IMO.

I believe the killer did intentionally try to confuse LE. I still believe the person in the ATM footage is Valerie. Her killer must have carefully planned this murder out by intentionally knowing he would have her ATM card used in New York. I think she wasn't murdered until later that morning after the ATM withdrawal or the next day. This was certainly premeditated. I just want to know if the killer bought the suitcase or did it actually belong to Valerie? Her killer might think he was pretty smart but I'm guessing LE has his butt in custody right now due to a certain someone not being on social media. IMO.
I think you are on the right track

The suitcase... IMO, most women own colorful suitcases. I’m guessing it was Valerie’s.

Okay... here's a new theory:

What if Valerie was convinced that a certain somebody was planning to kill her and decided to make a run for it? Perhaps she packed everything in her suitcase and tried to make a break for it. Unbeknownst to her, however, her killer may have had access to her findmyiphone account (or similar). He could then track her down and make good on his threat to kill her if she tried to leave.

rbbm

Do you mean the bf (ex?) ? Because I just caught a new post whilst creeping Twitter. Details of the funeral service. Seems inappropriate Imo that information should be shared under her families discretion.

I agree and believe it was Valerie in the ATM surveillance footage. Wondering if she was forced to make transactions? To appear she left of her own accord?

From a certain persons Twitter feed, he states that he is in Manhattan on January 31st. I took a screenshot in case it disappears.

rbbm

Do you mean the bf (ex?) ? Because I just caught a new post whilst creeping Twitter. Details of the funeral service. Seems inappropriate Imo that information should be shared under her families discretion.

I agree and believe it was Valerie in the ATM surveillance footage. Wondering if she was forced to make transactions? To appear she left of her own accord?

From a certain persons Twitter feed, he states that he is in Manhattan on January 31st. I took a screenshot in case it disappears.
I also saw that he stated he was in Manhattan. But why is he posting about her funeral? Do you think someone else has access to his social media accounts or do they really not have a suspect? So very confusing.

I also saw that he stated he was in Manhattan. But why is he posting about her funeral? Do you think someone else has access to his social media accounts or do they really not have a suspect? So very confusing.

I think "the bf" is acting and posting on his own behalf. Gives me weird vibes.

It would be great to have a proper timeline and fill in some blank spots. Is the bf even a POI? What happened in those days between Valerie being reported missing, her appearance on ATM surveillance, her supposedly being at a hospital etc?

What about her father, brothers and bf supposedly entering her apartment?

I wish they would stop using the term "paranoid". Clearly Valeries' instincts were working 100% correctly. This is so terrible.

**Edit/update: no more creeping on Twitter, it's been made private!

CBS New York reporter Tony Aiello posted this on his Twitter account today:

"#ValerieReyes homicide: boyfriend tells me he is cooperating with police, voluntarily turned in his smartphone and iPad for analysis. Tuesday marks one week since her body was found in a suitcase abandoned in Greenwich"

I’m on my phone and not my computer so I can’t get quotes to insert correctly. I will state the following is what I believe what happened. Ex went to her home and convinced her to leave with him and off they went. They end up in Manhattan which I fully believe the ex planned to make sure Valerie was seen on the ATM video footage. After that time she was murdered. If seen certain things on his social media and it appears he has just gone poof! Either he is freaking out because people are calling some of his comments out. The specific comment that raised my suspicion was from a media news person reaching out to him and he shut her down. If your girlfriend is missing don’t you want all the media coverage possible? Of course you do...but not if you already know she is dead and you are the reason why. Catch my drift? If I’m wrong about him I’ll eat crow and apologize but I think people let a lot of stuff slip out on social media.

Is anyone suspicious of the $20,000 Go Fund Me page that has far surpassed its goals in fundraising for the funeral? Or the fact her mother spoke calmly to a news outlet without the guilt of ignoring her daughter’s fear of murder?

Is anyone suspicious of the $20,000 Go Fund Me page that has far surpassed its goals in fundraising for the funeral? Or the fact her mother spoke calmly to a news outlet without the guilt of ignoring her daughter’s fear of murder?
No?
Also her poor mother. She didn't ignore her daughter's fears. What was she supposed to do about them? She has absolutely no reason to feel guilty and I sure as hell hope she doesn't.

No. The family was not well-off, that much is clear. The case is pretty high-profile, and Valerie was clearly loved by many, so it's not surprising that money was raised quickly for her.

I don't think the mother should feel guilty - she clearly talked to Valerie about her fears, tried to solicit more information, but 1) she had no specific names of people or anything much to go on; 2) Valerie did suffer from anxiety, which can be non-specific and doesn't have to have a logical reason and 3) Valerie is a grown adult with a job and she did tell her mom she was feeling a lot better.

Plus killing of adult children is extremely rare (unless it's a murder-suicide scenario), if that is what you're implying. I'd look much more closer at a romantic partner or random encounter gone wrong.

No. The family was not well-off, that much is clear. The case is pretty high-profile, and Valerie was clearly loved by many, so it's not surprising that money was raised quickly for her.

I don't think the mother should feel guilty - she clearly talked to Valerie about her fears, tried to solicit more information, but 1) she had no specific names of people or anything much to go on; 2) Valerie did suffer from anxiety, which can be non-specific and doesn't have to have a logical reason and 3) Valerie is a grown adult with a job and she did tell her mom she was feeling a lot better.

Plus killing of adult children is extremely rare (unless it's a murder-suicide scenario), if that is what you're implying. I'd look much more closer at a romantic partner or random encounter gone wrong.
Thank you. My thoughts are emotional, not logical, at this point. Your response is helpful.

Valerie Reyes funeral service set for Tuesday

Funeral arrangements have been made for 24-year-old Valerie Reyes, the city woman whose death has been the subject of national headlines as police continue to investigate.

A service will be from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Lloyd Maxcy & Sons Beauchamp Chapel, 16 Shea Place, in New Rochelle. Mass is on Wednesday at 10 a.m at St. Gabriel's Church, 120 Division St.

[...]

Has anyone looked at her residence on google? After viewing news footage of her home, I wanted to get a better idea of the living situation as far as what witnesses would be able to see and hear. There is an awning over the driveway and a door on the side of the house which looks like a door that could possibly be an entrance to the basement apartment.
On another note, if you look at the street view in google you can see a vehicle parked in the front of the house which appears to have CT license plates. They are blurred but I can still make out the design. It may just be a coincidence because it is not uncommon to see license plates from CT and NJ in NY but it struck a chord with me since it’s a CT connection.

I think "the bf" is acting and posting on his own behalf. Gives me weird vibes.

It would be great to have a proper timeline and fill in some blank spots. Is the bf even a POI? What happened in those days between Valerie being reported missing, her appearance on ATM surveillance, her supposedly being at a hospital etc?

What about her father, brothers and bf supposedly entering her apartment?

I wish they would stop using the term "paranoid". Clearly Valeries' instincts were working 100% correctly. This is so terrible.

**Edit/update: no more creeping on Twitter, it's been made private!
He seemed to have quite a bit of hate in his heart at times and was very bitter after what I assume was a breakup with a different girl. I copied his entire twitter account and pasted into a word document, so have 457 pages for posterity's sake. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back