Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #5 *ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - Did we ever learn what app was being used?

Man who took teen girl across states lines after adoptive father raped her may have sexually assaulted her, too [DA]
Rogers and the girl met on an online gaming platform, Roblox, and later began sending messages to other via Facebook and through an encrypted messaging app.
I believe I read Messenger somewhere - but I did not know it was encrypted - will check it out and report back.
ETA: Nope, Facebook Messenger is named in his memorandum Paragraph II Factual Background - it further names "a communications app".

Am I wrong, I thought the first was an audio recording only and the second one was the blurry video that he pressured her to do.

I think the first likely was a recording that maybe was too dark? So audio only? Maybe that's why he said "show". Or it didn't capture any visual for any other reason. But did capture audio. If she tried to make a video I can see him using the word "show".

That makes sense to me.

We also know he was intent on getting her to make something she could show so the word was in his mind. I don't think any of this means there was a second actual, visual video.

But the only person who said the second recording was "blurry" was him. And he was giving that as an excuse as to why he didn't call police right away.

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

Typically there are SANE nurses in house at the hospital depending on the size and at minimum available on call.
They are acutely aware ( and voluntarily trained) on the sensitivity of the situation, and the importance and potential impact on the victim and or legal aspect of things. Most importantly, they are the patient advocate, a liaison around the emotional, medical, and legal side of things. They would ensure no one is in that room during the exam that the victim is NOT OK with or legally allowed to be and or legally required to be there e.g.: chaperones during intimate exams etc.

Here is some info on Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners and the process:

Evaluating Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Programs

Thank you for that!

I think the first likely was a recording that maybe was too dark? So audio only? Maybe that's why he said "show". Or it didn't capture any visual for any other reason. But did capture audio. If she tried to make a video I can see him using the word "show".

That makes sense to me.

We also know he was intent on getting her to make something she could show so the word was in his mind. I don't think any of this means there was a second actual. video

But the only person who said the second recording was "blurry" was him. And he was giving that as an excuse as to why he didn't call police right away.
We do know of the audio recording from the BR Memorandum - pg 4 - 6th line down "KV attempted to record her father...." it goes on to say it was audio only no video content. IMO I think he got her to do a video (reference their interchange regarding "show it to the people you run to" - rather than "have them listen to it" )- I really think there are at least 3 recordings - the audio, the first video and a second which is the one she so desperately did not want to do and I think it is because she had already done one. I do think this is possible but it is my speculation only. I just can't find an explanation for the written word "show" vs. "listen to" to account for the audio only. If he did make her do it twice, I believe that would show his intent was depraved rather than helpful IMO.

Feb 13, 2019
Girl who fled home after adoptive dad raped her says her mother ignored her cries for help: Lawyer

"The girl’s mother, who hasn’t faced any charges, apparently wasn’t willing to help her daughter, according to what the teen told Rogers, court documents read. The woman is the teen’s biological mother. Court records indicate she married Pruitt when the girl was a small child. They have three other children together, including another daughter from the woman’s previous relationship, and a boy and girl born to Pruitt and the mother."

BR's lawyer has been BUSY spinning! By the looks, he must be pretty dang dizzy.

Feb 12, 2019
Adoptive father who raped teen daughter made sure she feared him by shooting her dog, skinning it & dumping body in yard: Lawyer

"And, more recently, KV told Rogers that when a visitor came to the door, her adoptive father had pointed a shotgun at the person,” the court documents continued. “KV feared that if she went to the police, her adoptive father might be arrested, but he would be released, and her life would be in danger. Her fear was a filter that affected the manner in which both KV (and Rogers) made choices about what needed to be done to rescue KV.”"

I know from working in a children's hospital how well trained and compassionate and gentle and kind the doctors and nurses are who deal with children's sexual trauma. I am just amazed that the new information about that sexual activity, whatever it was, that occurred in Wisconsin was first introduced in open court and therefore the MSM. With all that has been in MSM about this case, giving different initials to the victim is pretty thin disguise to me. The means, methods and training of personnel who do this work was never in question to me. Just the release of the partial findings.

<modsnip>

I've explained this several times with cites and quotes in prior posts. The defense was painting this guy out to be a well-intentioned but misguided hero. We avoid secret trials in this country. This is evidence. It was given the way evidence is in this country for the most part. In open court.

How is the evidence that was specifically collected in order to determine what happened to the child at the hands of the predator who lured her any different than the evidence of what her father was doing to her when it comes to what is released to the public and how that affects SP? The sheriff stood there on camera and told the public her father had raped her. The complaint was graphic in its horrible detail.

That ship has sailed for poor SP. That she was also assaulted by a second predator isn't more sensitive information than the graphic depiction of what was on the tape.

At this point all we can do is make sure that everyone involved in preying on this innocent and vulnerable child is given justice. And we can't make sure of that with a secret trial.

This was information necessary to ensure the court knew who and what he was when determining bail. This was not HIPAA protected information. It was evidence specifically gathered as evidence to be used at trial. And it wasn't secretly divulged in whispering gossip to a third party. It was gathered for a purpose other than medical treatment, explained to the authorities and then used as it was intended.

I wish this case could've worked out like JC's. People really felt the right to hear what that creep had done to her for all those months. But she is able to get justice without divulging anything like that and I was so grateful for that and thrilled with the DA's decision not to file unnecessary charges in order to spare her more pain.

This is a different case. There's no way to get the bad guys without discussing what they did.

Of course the shame is not for these children to bear. They are survivors and should have no shame. But reality is far different. No teen that age wants the world to hear how her body was abused.

Unfortunately, it's being divulged in this case in order o get the bad guys, ensure they pay for what they did and are not free to harm yet another child.

Let's hope SP gets the intensive help that ET did there in TN. It enabled ET to go from a vulnerable, confused, exploited child to someone who was able to firmly and calmly refute those who felt she should bear shame and responsibility for what was done to her. It was a radical change from a desperate, betrayed victim to a certain survivor.

Last edited by a moderator:
BR's lawyer has been BUSY spinning! By the looks, he must be pretty dang dizzy.

Feb 12, 2019
Adoptive father who raped teen daughter made sure she feared him by shooting her dog, skinning it & dumping body in yard: Lawyer

"And, more recently, KV told Rogers that when a visitor came to the door, her adoptive father had pointed a shotgun at the person,” the court documents continued. “KV feared that if she went to the police, her adoptive father might be arrested, but he would be released, and her life would be in danger. Her fear was a filter that affected the manner in which both KV (and Rogers) made choices about what needed to be done to rescue KV.”"

I love how BR's attorney casually equates a 14 year old, terrified and long-term rape victim who lives with her violent abuser, with a 31 year old college educated, employed adult who understands what a rape kit is and how it is used.

Ridiculous.

The DA (or ADA or LE in general), were watching the posturing of BR's defense team. BR was feeding them all this narrative, of the heroic rescue of the decade. He apparently 'forgot' to tell them he was forcing himself on her, in the same manner as the evil step/adoptive 'dad'.

Meanwhile, in their zeal to expose BR, they did not take into account that SLP's pictures, name, and story, had been revealed for the weeks she was in captivity. They completely disregarded all the compassionate work of the nurses, and doctors, and exposed SLP's further traumas to the world.

All to show what a perverted person, BR truly is. IMO this was unnecessary. They should have called for a conference with that judge.

I don't know. The fact is, we don't have secret trials in this country for the most part. It's typically very hard to get the record sealed. Of course they took into account that her name was out there. But her name was also out there connected to a graphic description of her on camera rape at the hands of her father. How is this worse?

I love how BR's attorney casually equates a 14 year old, terrified and long-term rape victim who lives with her violent abuser, with a 31 year old college educated, employed adult who understands what a rape kit is and how it is used.

Ridiculous.
But he sure isn't talking now - just the original memorandum of law that MSM is dissecting and reporting on IMO. I have not seen any responsive information regarding the testimony in court about the treatment the child victim received while staying in the basement with BR - have you? I don't know how he could spin that now JMO - I think we will see a plea in the near future...

ETA Meant to say has anyone, sometimes I feel I am in a conversation and forget this is posting on a forum...this is such an awful situation for this child.

DOCUMENT UPDATE 2/14/2019:

02/13/2019 11 SEALED Exhibit to Preliminary Examination held on 2/12/2019, filed by defendant Bryan Rogers (1). (Sealed) (arw) (Entered: 02/13/2019)

The newest doc is sealed. I would expect a transcript to be available at some point. I'm not sure how long that takes.

Transcripts have to be requested by someone. Then the court reporter has to generate it which can take a couple weeks unless they pay for a rush (which the media will probably do). Then the media has to report it.

We do know of the audio recording from the BR Memorandum - pg 4 - 6th line down "KV attempted to record her father...." it goes on to say it was audio only no video content. IMO I think he got her to do a video (reference their interchange regarding "show it to the people you run to" - rather than "have them listen to it" )- I really think there are at least 3 recordings - the audio, the first video and a second which is the one she so desperately did not want to do and I think it is because she had already done one. I do think this is possible but it is my speculation only. I just can't find an explanation for the written word "show" vs. "listen to" to account for the audio only. If he did make her do it twice, I believe that would show his intent was depraved rather than helpful IMO.

I don't. If there was a third video it would be described in the charging documents. It would be another count against him.

If he meant the first one to be visual but it turned out to be indecipherable visually and only had decipherable audio, in his mind it was still supposed to be a video hence the word "show". He likely looked at it. And then asked for another one so he could see more than darkness.

But she would still be showing the first one. Not just playing it.

AFAIK, Facebook messenger is not encrypted. It would have to be an app like Threema or Telegram.
That is interesting - how does a 31 year old with a weather degree know the importance of encrypted messaging applications??? I wonder if the FBI has broken these messages and if they have this information already and when will it be provided to the defense? I have long thought this was not his first attempt at getting a child IMO

But he MIGHT be charged with sex trafficking which is taking a person across state lines for the purposes of illegal sex.
SBM
I really wish you would stop saying this. I have already directed you to a link showing you it is incorrect. You are spreading misinformation about sex trafficking, and creating false perceptions about what it means. This makes it more difficult for victims of trafficking to be heard and get help, especially those who have not been transported anywhere.
See #2 &3
Myths & Misconceptions

Reiterated here:
Human Trafficking Myths and Facts

20190214_093947.jpg

I don't. If there was a third video it would be described in the charging documents. It would be another count against him.

If he meant the first one to be visual but it turned out to be indecipherable visually and only had decipherable audio, in his mind it was still supposed to be a video hence the word "show". He likely looked at it. And then asked for another one so he could see more than darkness.

But she would still be showing the first one. Not just playing it.
That is a good thought - I guess I got hung up on the words (show) - it wouldn't be prudent for them to hold back if they did have another video - I do wonder what the photos were of though. Maybe just pictures of RP so LE would know who to arrest? Seems a little naive but exactly what an older person would perhaps say to a younger child - get me a picture of him - and she grabs a picture when she leaves the house? JMO

Hi, still catching up but wanted to make a note before I forget about how I thought the whole thing about RP won’t force himself on her anymore if she leaves with someone else thing is, I don’t know the word for that, not sure if you guys have mentioned that yet. I don’t get that part really.
I've been giving that comment much thought and have come up with this explanation: I believe that RP thinks of her as his property and thinks that she is damaged goods if she defiles herself with another male. JMO

I don't know. The fact is, we don't have secret trials in this country for the most part. It's typically very hard to get the record sealed. Of course they took into account that her name was out there. But her name was also out there connected to a graphic description of her on camera rape at the hands of her father. How is this worse?
I don't feel that it's worse, but I do feel that it's very sad in both cases. I chose not to read the first complaint, partly because I feel she needs more privacy. Whether I read it or not, RP will be tried and convicted. So I chose to be one less person who knows the terrible details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauraLew