CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #38 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so disappointed we won't have any new facts to chew on until after the preliminary hearing. Let's hope it doesn't remain sealed or we'll be on this merry-go-round for a loooong time :)

Nevertheless, I take some comfort every time I think about the prosecution questioning KK and her ratting out PF. And then, I get an even more satisfaction when I imagine PF's defence attorney tearing her testimony apart. It's going to be quite a show!

It helps to picture PF eating Mayonnaise Sandwiches in the jailhouse instead of Mama's home cooked steak, doesn't it? Not to mention that he's sleeping on a concrete bed!

I'm getting the impression that KK is quite the manipulator - you know, like a narc. I don't know what M's deal is other than flying monkey and that's it's own pathology (and, sometimes, also a narc). Looks like M has enjoyed basking in the popularity of the rodeo queen. Now comes the infamy (which narcs also get off on). Plenty of fuel to go around.
MS age 47 and KK 32 is quiet a bit of a age span for BFF's

I'm questioning if KLK and PF pinged the phone in Idaho on purpose or if she thought there is no way that the LE would think it's her(even though she told her friend) and why would the phone when taken not be destroyed. Maybe it was a way for PF to tie her in his wicked web more with the thought she might tell on him when she did find out... What is the most talked about theory? jMO

Case Number: 2018CR330 Division: 11 Courtroom:

The motion/proposed order attached hereto: ACTION TAKEN.
Expanded media coverage (EMC) will not be permitted at the February 19th, 2019 preliminary hearing poof evident presumption great hearing. EMC is only permitted at advisement or arraignment.

BBM - What does this mean? Is this legalese??

All your motions are belong to us.

I'm not aware that M doesn't work for them anymore. Has MSM reported that?

I have to clarify something. Although I feel she's been used and abused by KK, I by NO means absolve her of not doing something to protect KB. I'd be really interested in knowing exactly when KK first told her that PF solicited her. After begging KK not to go to CO, why didn't she BEG the R's to help her figure out a way to stop this from happening? If, as the R's said she was "visibly upset" surely if she had shown up at the local police station that way they would have taken notice. At least she could have tried, even if it had fallen on deaf ears. It would have given KB a chance. None of them did anything :(

bbm No so far that is just a rumor.

KB did not list him as the father's last name on the certificate of live birth meaning she has legal control over the child. She also may not have listed him as the father since not married. This means he would have to have paternity testing performed and file for rights. Since there was no marriage there may have been limitations.

In Colorado the surname that the informant, usually the mother, states is what goes on the birth certificate. She could name any person of her choosing as the father, or could choose to have "Not Stated" instead.
The moment that PF assumed any fatherly duties, or even bragged to someone about being a father, he became the father. To wriggle out of it would take a successful lawsuit; including a DNA test showing he had made a mistake, and was not the biological father.
IMO

Thank you, I didn't realize that KK never spoke directly with the R's. I've been judging them too harshly for precisely the reason you state.

Well, they knew a murder was being planned and never reported it so I don't think harsh judgment is uncalled for. I think it was Kelsey's brother in law who called them monsters when he learned of this.

No - this is statutory.

In criminal cases, EMC only for advisements and arraignments.

Hearing on 2/19 is a preliminary hearing.

ETA: Per Colorado Statute, there will not be any camera/audio in the PF trial probably until sentencing. We will have trial updates by twitter, and news coverage after the hearings only.

EMC permitted only for advisements and arraignments.

So no live TV coverage of any trails in Colorado?

What is an advisement?

Chris Watts' sentencing was televised - or was that just the portion where family gets to speak (dunno if that's different).

Think we'll get the video taped and voice recorded interviews and interrogations like we did with Watts?

I decided to put my defense hat on for just a brief fleeting moment (lol) and if I was PF's lawyer and based on what we know right now, it sure looks like PF could sure try to turn the tables on KK.

My discussion with PF would go something like this:

Lawyer: "So you are telling me KK took KB's phone and drove to near her home in Idaho and got rid of it there?"

PF: Yes

Lawyer: "So you are telling me KK texted KB's work on KB's phone and gave a fake excuse why KB was not showing up for work?"

Lawyer: "So you are telling me that KK even texted you from KB's phone and gave you a fake excuse that KB was going away for awhile?"

Laywer: "So you are telling me that KK is claiming you solicited her 3 different times to kill KB but KK is the only one saying that happened, and the only discussions you ever had with KK about KB were done verbally?"

Laywer "So you are telling me that the day LE went to KB's house before your arrest and they knew exactly where to look for cleaned up blood evidence was because KK told LE where to go look?"

Lawyer: "And you are telling me that the day you went to the dump with the 2 other men you never even got out of the car and they only dumped regular trash?"

Lawyer: "And you are telling me that KK has had an obsessive thing for you since high school?"

Lawyer: "Ok....just stay here and sit tight (like he can go anywhere anyway-LOL) and keep doing what you are doing by staying quiet and I will take care of this."
Noooooooooo, this is what I'm afraid of H, please take off your defense hat right now! :p

What if PF and KK established this as an "in case the *advertiser censored* really does hit the fan and we're caught" fall back position. No way right? :eek:

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
So, in regard to that document dump: The motion to unseal the probable cause affidavit from both @KOAA & @KRDONC13 was denied. Frazee objected. And @telemundodenver’s motion for cameras in the court on Tuesday was also denied. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

3:49 PM - 14 Feb 2019

???

What about this?

Documents released to the public by the Colorado Judicial Branch on Thursday state a request to make the arrest affidavit for Frazee public will be discussed on Tuesday. The motion to unseal it will be heard at the conclusion of the Feb. 19 hearing.

One of my bffs is 12 years younger.
I guess I am wondering exactly what their connection is with the age difference they cannot be friends say from High School, they did not work in the same field, we do know they roomed together at one time. Just thinking MS should have 15 years more life experience than KK, hard to imagine her being a follower or naive to KK's involvement with PF and KB's murder, especially her working closely with attorneys
I assume she had seen and heard a lot of BS along the way.

Just my thought here. KB returned from Safeway was making Cinnamon Rolls for the nice neighbor who gave her a baby gate the week or so before. She decides to deliver the rolls then her and baby K go visit family. She let PF know they would be gone for a few days and that's when he snapped and came to KB's home.

I don't think so because Kelsey's parents would have known of a planned visit. I also question whether Kelsey would travel that distance, alone with baby K, in a car. Plus, for her, it was just a four day weekend, I presume, requiring a quick turn around.

I guess I am wondering exactly what their connection is with the age difference they cannot be friends say from High School, they did not work in the same field, we do know they roomed together at one time. Just thinking MS should have 15 years more life experience than KK, hard to imagine her being a follower or naive to KK's involvement with PF and KB's murder.

Maybe MS is an old family friend and KK thought she would get some good advice from her....We wish!

Here’s the problem. If the prosecution can prove that KK was nowhere near Colorado on the date of the murder, then it is a moot point.

She can’t commit a murder if she isn’t even in the state.

I think she arrived after the fact, perhaps as late as the 24th.

If she was in Colorado around the time of the murder, then they may have something.

That’s if there is no other evidence connecting him to this plot, which I absolutely do not believe.

As far as whether KK was in CO around the time of the murder, seems to me we don't know exactly when the murder happened. Under COUNT 3. MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE it says “on or about Nov 22, 2018.”

So, this seems to imply that if KK arrived in CO as late as Nov 24, she could be involved in the actual murder, right?

However, seems like KB was murdered closer to Nov 22 since that is when she was last seen. Now of KB wasn’t murdered on Nov 22, then what was done to her between Nov 22-Nov 23/24?

Redacted C&I 18CR330

I guess I am wondering exactly what their connection is with the age difference they cannot be friends say from High School, they did not work in the same field, we do know they roomed together at one time. Just thinking MS should have 15 years more life experience than KK, hard to imagine her being a follower or naive to KK's involvement with PF and KB's murder, especially her working closely with attorneys
I assume she had seen and heard a lot of BS along the way.
Yeah, you'd think. Maybe M is a later bloomer :p or
She was completely manipulated by an expert.

As far as whether KK was in CO around the time of the murder, seems to me we don't know exactly when the murder happened. Under COUNT 3. MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE it says “on or about Nov 22, 2018.”

So, this seems to imply that if KK arrived in CO as late as Nov 24, she could be involved in the actual murder, right?

However, seems like KB was murdered closer to Nov 22 since that is when she was last seen. Now of KB wasn’t murdered on Nov 22, then what was done to her between Nov 22-Nov 23/24?

Redacted C&I 18CR330
Yes, theoretically it is possible that she was murdered later.

I think that law enforcement has a solid timeframe that they are working with, and the date of her death was in fact Thanksgiving Day.

Her cell phone will play a role in this determination, especially if she normally had it turned on (as most people do).

I’m sure that there is other supporting evidence that forms the basis of this determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member