Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as I see things, we shouldn’t be victim bashing, but we should approach her with some degree of realism.
Respectfully snipped by me- We have been realistic. That doesn't mean we have to jump on the woman because she might have made a bad choice or two that night. We've all made bad choices in our lives- thankfully, none of us died as a result of them.

Thank you all for the "Welcome" !

I wonder why SS Facetimed Mom at 3 am instead of just calling or texting?

Many of the 20somethings I'm friends with prefer Facetiming rather than just calling. It seems to be a thing. That said, maybe she wanted her mother to see who else was in the car.

Many of the 20somethings I'm friends with prefer Facetiming rather than just calling. It seems to be a thing. That said, maybe she wanted her mother to see who else was in the car.

You know, this probably isn’t the answer, but often I’ll accidentally FaceTime someone, quickly hang up and redial. So, could she have done it accidentally, but just stayed with it?

You know, this probably isn’t the answer, but often I’ll accidentally FaceTime someone, quickly hang up and redial. So, could she have done it accidentally, but just stayed with it?

I actually started to write that as well. I don't FT but I use FB messenger and I've accidentally called people using video chat before.

Hi & welcome!

It’s been stated by MSM that SS phone was “turned off around 8:30a.m.” & it has also been stated by MSM that SS phone “was no longer on by 8:30 a.m.”. I noticed most local news sources said that LE told them the phone was turned off, but there isn’t a direct quote from LE saying this.

I think that could easily play either way & as mentioned already, the phone would be needed to know whether it died or was turned off.

In general, an iPhone (which is what kind of phone SS had) will NOT ring at all before going to voicemail, regardless of it was turned off or if the battery died. The same with being out of service. The only way it would start to ring at first before going to voicemail is if it was still on & someone declined the call, but this was never reported & is just an example I’m giving.

IMO, finding the phone is the only way of knowing anything further about this.

Another example I’ll give is an app I personally have on my phone to block some spam calls. You can set it up where it appears that your phone isn’t on, is out of service, etc. You can send possible spam calls to hear this message or to voicemail. You can send all calls to this or just certain numbers.

My point being that it’s really impossible to know. Many factors could come into play, although some are obviously more likely than others.

ETA: Sorry so long! I was talking to my 6 year old while typing this & starting rambling!

I know this is very off topic, but what app do you have if it doesn't violate our TOS? My phone rings all day long with spam calls.

JMO what Savannah is like as a person is important as far as what her father said, that she was in a bad period, making terrible choices...which could have included setting out on foot in the early dawn hours, i.e and maybe even accepting the absolutely wrong ride. Nothing I have read makes this impossible and those on the road at odd hours could have bad intentions. Jmo

I thought her mom used it first when she contacted Savannah? Or maybe not...

Yeah, here in KY just about every pregnant woman can qualify for Medicaid. I think the income cap is something like $45,000. I was on it for my second one. If you don't already have a plan then you're almost guaranteed to get accepted.

There are reasons, in today's world, that people choose not to go for prenatal care. It does happen, whether they have Medicaid, or a Platinum Plan that pays for 3D ultrasounds at every visit (for example).

There are reasons, in today's world, that people choose not to go for prenatal care. It does happen, whether they have Medicaid, or a Platinum Plan that pays for 3D ultrasounds at every visit (for example).
I personally know of one young woman who missed not only prenatal appointments, but missed a SCHEDULED C Section delivery. She was using drugs at the time and when delivered, the innocent little baby went straight into the NICU for detoxing. Gawd, that makes me sick to even type! :mad:

This is in no way implying SS was doing drugs, this is to show another example of why/how appointments can be missed.

Yes, I agree. I was just saying that lack of insurance isn't usually a reason for forgoing prenatal care here in KY. There are many reasons why a woman might not receive care, but not having insurance is pretty far down on the list-especially if you're young, pregnant, unmarried, and are either unemployed or underemployed.

I thought they found her phone and purse.
@ ab01

"On Feb. 7, police said they had recovered Savannah’s cell phone and purse she had with her the night she went missing."
Police, volunteers continue search for missing Lexington mother of four
WAVE3 is the only one I’ve seen to report that. I thought that on the 7th they put photos out of the phone and purse telling folks to keep an eye out for them. If WAVE3 is reporting incorrect information, I’m very disappointed in them as never before.

Anyone else see this anywhere else?

WAVE3 is the only one I’ve seen to report that. I thought that on the 7th they put photos out of the phone and purse telling folks to keep an eye out for them. If WAVE3 is reporting incorrect information, I’m very disappointed in them as never before.

Anyone else see this anywhere else?

I've seen conflicting reports, too.

This article is dated the 8th and says that on the 7th the police released photos of the phone and purse. Since the photos released are actually photos of Savannah wearing or holding these items, I don’t believe they found them on the 7th. They released the photos in hopes of generating leads. If they had found them, how could a photo of a phone generate leads?

Richmond Police release photos of missing woman's phone, purse - ABC 36 News

Just deleted my thoughts on WAVE3. Suffice to say I have personal experience of them getting a story wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gentlegirl