IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senators Booker and Harris aren’t named POI so I don’t think they should be mentioned at all.

Assorted politicians have been trying to get an anti-lynching law on the books since 1918. Whether Jussie was trying to help this latest one may be up for debate but I don’t think it was a vast conspiracy w/any politicians.

Side note: the anti lynching bill has nothing to do with lynching as we are discussing it here. If you read the bill, then you will learn more about what it would cover, which would include internet discussion boards.

Yes, conspiracy is a crime. And we don’t know that Jussie conspired w/anyone (well besides what the brothers are claiming). I said that could be up for debate. I personally don’t think it is a conspiracy w/any politicians.
What I said was that we should not be naming anyone that was not named a POI by the authorities which would be against Websleuth’s TOS.
Jussie hasn't been named a POI, has he? All LE has officially said is that he is no longer a victim.

Jussie hasn't been named a POI, has he? All LE has officially said is that he is no longer a victim.
I think what LE are *not* saying says a hell'a lot more.
Their silence on that is screaming volumes. Plus there will be a Grand Jury indictment. If I were JS I'd be pretty worried. Maybe check into rehab and squirm into the dark for a few news cycles.

IMHO.

I said that could be up for debate. I personally don’t think it is a conspiracy w/any politicians.

RSBM

I don't know if it is or isn't, but I've watched enough of House of Cards to believe (actually, disbelieve!) a scenario where those pushing the lynching bill fell on unbelievable luck that the boy they were already chummy with (and was clearly "on their side" if you believe all of his hateful Twitter rants) happened upon an attempted lynching in the same exact timeframe for them to use that attempted lynching in their speeches to push their agenda. (Multiple quotes/deleted Tweets all over the Internet....they sure did jump right on it and use it to their benefit.) The timing couldn't possibly have been better if it had been planned!

The Bill has nothing to do with internet discussion boards.

To amend section 249 of title 18, United States Code, to specify lynching as a hate crime act.

Text - H.R.35 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): Emmett Till Antilynching Act

Actually the threat letter had a stick figure being lynched.

During the planning of the faux crime, a "lynching rope/clothesline" was used and left on to show the CPD that someone tried to lynch him.

The last time there was a lynching was 1981. Modern day "lynchings" often are part of complex multi-dimensional cases and are not linked specifically to racism.

JS is a political activist who's political friendships include the introducer of this bill, and co-sponsors.

It is fair to say that the dynamics inside JS's head at the time of him creating this story could have been heavily influenced by HR35's introduction only 2 weeks prior.

Last edited:
RSBM

I don't know if it is or isn't, but I've watched enough of House of Cards to believe (actually, disbelieve!) a scenario where those pushing the lynching bill fell on unbelievable luck that the boy they were already chummy with (and was clearly "on their side" if you believe all of his hateful Twitter rants) happened upon an attempted lynching in the same exact timeframe for them to use that attempted lynching in their speeches to push their agenda. (Multiple quotes/deleted Tweets all over the Internet....they sure did jump right on it and use it to their benefit.) The timing couldn't possibly have been better if it had been planned!
All anybody has to do is connect the dots. The legislation is to amend existing law to make lynching a hate crime. It is symbolic legislation and isn't based on necessity. So a "need" was created starring Jussie.

Tossing a short piece of clothesline around Jussie's neck while he's standing on a sidewalk holding a sandwich and then running away from him is not an attempted lynching. No way does it even come close to "attempted lynching."

I want the real crime prosecuted rather than just ruin the life of the young man who was used as as a pawn.

JMO

Found this.

Sat, February 2, 2019
8 PM
ADV GA $20/ DOS $25 / VIP ADV $30 /DOS VIP $35

Jussie Smollett - Tickets - Troubadour - Los Angeles, CA - February 2nd, 2019

Seats 400

The top 30 Southern California concert spots

The Empire star is scheduled to perform a sold-out concert at the Troubadour on Saturday

Jussie Smollett Flies to Los Angeles for Scheduled Show After Apparent Hate Crime: Report

Can’t find # tickets sold before attack.

I reviewed some ticket sites, apparently, Mr. Smollett has no concert dates pending. I don't know if this is a recent occurrence or not, but he has had several concerts in the last few years. No concerts now.

During the planning of the faux crime, a "lynching rope/clothesline" was used and left on to show the CPD that someone tried to lynch him.

The last time there was a lynching was 1981. Modern day "lynchings" often are part of complex multi-dimensional cases and are not linked specifically to racism.

JS is a political activist who's political friendships include the introducer of this bill, and co-sponsors.

It is fair to say that the dynamics inside JS's head at the time of him creating this story could have been heavily influenced by HR35's introduction.

BBM. Those relationships need a full criminal investigation. I'm appalled at the misuse of law enforcement resources.

JMO

Sorry quotes are at bottom. I can’t get them to move. I’m having formatting probs on my phone.

This recent anti-Lynching Bill was attempted in December w/a GOP-house. It didn’t pass. Now it passed the Senate again and they are sending it to a Dem-led house.
So yes, Jussie could’ve used that to create his story (if that’s what turned out happened.)
Yes, some politicians did use Jussie as an example. But I don’t think any politicians were involved with Jussie possibly making up this story. IMO. And I would hope that any politician that did mentioned him would clarify or talk about making up false stories.
There have been over 200 attempts at an anti-lynching bill since 1918. Jussie wasn’t alive then. And I don’t believe this current bill was in any way written with him and his alleged crime in mind.
RSBM

It is fair to say that the dynamics inside JS's head at the time of him creating this story could have been heavily influenced by HR35's introduction.

If found guilty, If this isn't a racist political crime, I don't know what is.
Frankly. This infuriates me.
I don't care how you vote.
This is so blatantly wrong and unforgivable in my book, that it makes me sick.
Yeah. This is my opinion.

This looks like it started out as a publicity stunt. Pay some guys to dress up, dump bleach on you and toss a clothesline around your neck. Have a "witness" who can hear some of what's going on but can't see anything. Go to a hospital with minor injuries (like the kind you get from shaving). Put it all on social media and wait for the gullible talking heads in the media to pick it up.

Where it went south quick was when JS filed a false report. I guess he figured go big or go home. He went big bigly. Unbelievable how big. Incredibly, tremendously big.

This looks like it started out as a publicity stunt. Pay some guys to dress up, dump bleach on you and toss a clothesline around your neck. Have a "witness" who can hear some of what's going on but can't see anything. Go to a hospital with minor injuries (like the kind you get from shaving). Put it all on social media and wait for the gullible talking heads in the media to pick it up.

Where it went south quick was when JS filed a false report. I guess he figured go big or go home. He went big bigly. Unbelievable how big. Incredibly, tremendously big.
Yup. As they say, “be careful what you wish for.”

It started out innocently enough, faking a crime for national attention. :eek:

Of course it turned into a nightmare of epic proportions. In his wildest dreams, or worst nightmare, did he imagine the path this would take.

There’s a price to be paid for that.

I have a feeling he is no longer a "victim" because he is now the main suspect in trying to perpetuate a fake hate crime. He will be the topic of discussion in a grand jury hearing, and if they feel a crime has been committed, I hope he is charged accordingly. It's a slap in the face to all victims of hate crime, not to mention the money and manpower expended by the CPD. If this is found to have been a hoax by him, I hope they throw his sorry *advertiser censored* in jail!

I think that he went wrong when he said he didn't believe that the crime would be investigated because of his status. Nothing would annoy LEO than that kind of attitude. That probably put them into overdrive.

It was like poking a sleeping rattler with a stick. If he hadn't over played his hand, they might have let it slide quietly with a few words to him and his attorney. He made it too big, too fast. And everything on his Social media has been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member