IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime being black & gay Jan 2019 #2*ARRESTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So am I, but someone asked if there could be a reason why the O brothers would lie in implicating JS, with the answer being they could be lying because an admission of engaging in battery is a crime. We are also dealing with a situation that is heavily driven by rumor without there being a conviction, let alone an indictment or even an official statement to all these rumors by the LE/DA. Since there is so much rumor with little actual on the record from LE, we don't have a lot of confirmed facts, though I think broadly speaking the rumors are right as to what LE is thinking and what LE has.
IMO,
Chance of their motivation to lie: maybe 5%
Chance of them getting away with lie: .00001%

This looks like it started out as a publicity stunt. Pay some guys to dress up, dump bleach on you and toss a clothesline around your neck. Have a "witness" who can hear some of what's going on but can't see anything. Go to a hospital with minor injuries (like the kind you get from shaving). Put it all on social media and wait for the gullible talking heads in the media to pick it up.

Where it went south quick was when JS filed a false report. I guess he figured go big or go home. He went big bigly. Unbelievable how big. Incredibly, tremendously big.

Where it potentially went really wrong was the white powder containing letter sent a few days prior, which got the feds involved. It became a federal terrorist issue before the street incident even took place and it could be that letter where the legal pain really comes in. Making something a terrorist/terrorist hoax issue is asking for a heavy federal investigation and a ton of bricks to fall on whatever perps were involved. The letter prompted a HAZMAT and FBI response where Jessie works and most assuredly terrorized his co-workers who may now also find themselves out of a job eventually due to the potential hoax.

Where it potentially went really wrong was the white powder containing letter sent a few days prior, which got the feds involved. It became a federal terrorist issue before the street incident even took place and it could be that letter where the legal pain really comes in. Making something a terrorist/terrorist hoax issue is asking for a heavy federal investigation and a ton of bricks to fall on whatever perps were involved. The letter prompted a HAZMAT and FBI response where Jessie works and most assuredly terrorized his co-workers who may now also find themselves out of a job eventually due to the potential hoax.
That’s a great point. The fake hate crime assault, may end up being the least of his worries.

BBM. This should come as no surprise to all the perps. And I do believe there are more than the three we know about. All three should be testifying before that Grand Jury. And so should the politician who swiftly used the hoax to push through his political agenda.

JMO

That’s a great point. The fake hate crime assault, may end up being the least of his worries.

What I think the imminent blow-up is going to be is that the Nigerians made/sent that letter. If you look at the letter it seems like a dead giveaway there was something suspicious with it showing JS hanging from a palm tree rather than hanging off a branch of a regular tree:
FBI Screening Mail Sent to 'Empire' Cast After Jussie Smollett Attack
Palm trees have been rather significant in Nigeria's economy and culture and it's really strange to show from supposedly some racists living in Chicago.

BBM. This should come as no surprise to all the perps. And I do believe there are more than the three we know about. All three should be testifying before that Grand Jury. And so should the politician who swiftly used the hoax to push through his political agenda.

JMO
There has been NOTHING to suggest any politician was involved in any way of this hoax,I think we should be careful about accusing other people outside of Jussie and the brothers.

There has been NOTHING to suggest any politician was involved in any way of this hoax,I think we should be careful about accusing other people outside of Jussie and the brothers.
I agree.

The motivation for this was personal, and although he may have been partially motivated by politics, there is no evidence of any direct political ties.

I truly believe that this plot was JS’ and his alone. He paid off two willing participants, and the rest is history.

Yes, he knew how the media and politicians would respond, but their involvement wasn’t a conspiracy.

I agree.

The motivation for this was personal, and although he may have been partially motivated by politics, there is no evidence of any direct political ties.

I truly believe that this plot was JS’ and his alone. He paid off two willing participants, and the rest is history.

Yes, he knew how the media and politicians would respond, but their involvement wasn’t a conspiracy.
A thousand likes to both!

Why? Jessie hasn't been named a POI or suspect and LE has said the brothers are no longer suspects yet are being discussed here. The politicians being discussed have offered their opinions on this case.

JMO

Why? Jessie hasn't been named a POI or suspect and LE has said the brothers are no longer suspects yet are being discussed here. The politicians being discussed have offered their opinions on this case.

JMO
The brothers were initially arrested, based on evidence that they were involved (surveillance footage and transportation records).

Whatever they told law enforcement, was backed up by evidence (phone records, purchase records, and items seized from their apartment).

So there is actual evidence in play here that paints a pretty clear picture.

We have absolutely no evidence that any political official directed this hoax, or were involved in the planning of it.

They were simply indirect beneficiaries who unwittingly did JS’ bidding.

Unless evidence comes to light that any political official had a direct hand in this, speculation as to their potential involvement isn’t rooted in any fact.

What they did was wrong, but not criminal.

I agree.

Where is the evidence Jessie is the one who paid the brothers and where is the evidence Jesse used his own money? I missed that part. Thanks

If this was a hoax, I think the noose was very purposeful for this reason, especially with the anti-lynching bill coming up then, which it got passed with him the off-stage star of its passage. I think that's why JS decided to do it when and how he did though I think he primarily did it for selfish career/ego reasons.

BBM
Agree.

I agree. I hadn't really considered the letter. That is bad mojo. Federal crime to send any type of psuedo threat and white powder in the mail. There is a whole process for dealing with terrorist type mail. Which is where this would fit into.

No doubt that the brothers want to slide all of this onto JS. The fact that JS is digging in his heels, that he has been "victimized" by these men, won't help him in front of the Grand Jury.

He needs more than a crisis manager now. He needs Chernobyl Clean Up Crew.

Where is the evidence Jessie is the one who paid the brothers and where is the evidence Jesse used his own money? I missed that part. Thanks

These guys were arrested, and ultimately released without charge. Following this, the CPD spokesman said that “the direction of this investigation has changed.”

There have been numerous reports that have cited the payment, it’s amount, and that it came from JS.

Unless everyone is lying, there is every reason to believe that JS paid these two guys to stage the crime.

Speculating that this is a political conspiracy, isn’t based on any evidence.

Unless you have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member