MO MO - Phoenix Coldon, 23, St. Louis County, 18 Dec 2011

I caught the Oxygen show last night, also, and am looking forward to part two, tonight. I’m surprised how thin this thread is. Has anyone been following from the beginning?

I remember this case from 2011,but had no idea it was still unresolved. Phoenix is indeed beautiful. My heart breaks for her parents.
I do not get the Oxygen network. Would someone kindly list the facts of the case brought out in the show? I know that her truck was found in East St. Louis still running....which is a very bad sign.

I cannot imagine the anguish Phoenix's mother & father have gone through over the past seven years. She is a beautiful young woman, and someone knows where she is. Lord, please have mercy on these parents. Please bring their daughter home.

I remember this case from 2011,but had no idea it was still unresolved. Phoenix is indeed beautiful. My heart breaks for her parents.
I do not get the Oxygen network. Would someone kindly list the facts of the case brought out in the show? I know that her truck was found in East St. Louis still running....which is a very bad sign.

They interviewed the cop that found her car. And it’s now different from what has been being said.
He said the car was not running, keys were not in the car and door was open. Just like it was left there and he figured out of gas.

Missing Phoenix Coldon’s Truck Was Found In A Drastically Different State Than Previously Reported

In December 2011, 23-year-old Phoenix Coldon got into her black truck, pulled out of her family's driveaway, and was never seen or heard from again. The story that has been reported for the last seven years is that Phoenix’s truck was found ominously still running with the lights on, many of her personal items inside, and the door ajar.

These details are false.

Whoa! That could completely change the direction of the investigation!

FRIEND OF MISSING PHOENIX COLDON SAYS SHE SAW HER ON AN AIRPLANE (with clip)
Phoenix Coldon has been missing since 2011. But a friend claims she saw her in 2014.

NOVEMBER 6, 2018

"...Phoenix’s friend, Kellie Fronhert, said she saw the missing young woman on a flight from Las Vegas to St. Louis....

And Fronhert isn't the only person to claim to have seen Phoenix since she disappeared. Coldon family friend Jeffery Hargrove claims to have seen and talked to Phoenix twice in downtown St. Louis in the clip above...."

Friend of Missing Phoenix Coldon Says She Saw Her On An Airplane
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They interviewed the cop that found her car. And it’s now different from what has been being said.
He said the car was not running, keys were not in the car and door was open. Just like it was left there and he figured out of gas.
The parents were the ones who told that story but why didn't LE correct it straight away back in 2011.
IMO it's a big detail to leave incorrect for 7 years.

College junior Phoenix Coldon was last seen on December 18, 2011, pulling out of the driveway of her family's home in Spanish Lake, Missouri. About three hours later, the 23-year-old’s car was found abandoned in East St. Louis, about a 25-minute drive from her home. The vehicle was still running with the keys in the ignition and the driver's door open, according to police. Phoenix's mother, Goldia Coldon, continues to do everything she can to search for her daughter, including posting to social media and rallying for coverage of Phoenix's case. The family continues to run the Facebook page 'Missing Phoenix Coldon'.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Hi everyone. I do not post here a lot but I read and observe and flow many of the cases. I have been flowing Phoenix' case almost since the beginning save for a year and some change when I was Ill.
There was some mention of the "other" birth certificate with Phoenix' last name listed as her mom's maiden name not her married name and that that name was used at an Alaska address for the first six months following Phoenix' disappearance. Goldia mentioned it in one interview but kind of scoffed it off saying her daughter was too smart to use a name so close to the family if she was on fact going to disappear. I was wondering what folks thought of that/Alaska and the supposed other birth certificate in general .

Hi everyone. I do not post here a lot but I read and observe and flow many of the cases. I have been flowing Phoenix' case almost since the beginning save for a year and some change when I was Ill.
There was some mention of the "other" birth certificate with Phoenix' last name listed as her mom's maiden name not her married name and that that name was used at an Alaska address for the first six months following Phoenix' disappearance. Goldia mentioned it in one interview but kind of scoffed it off saying her daughter was too smart to use a name so close to the family if she was on fact going to disappear. I was wondering what folks thought of that/Alaska and the supposed other birth certificate in general .

The article mentioning that is Missing Phoenix Coldon Had Two Birth Certificates With Different Names, And Was Possibly Linked To An Address In Alaska Blog

If she did create another identity using that name... here are some interesting things

1) This is a youtube channel with the picture of a young male Phoenix Reeves but the person sounds possibly a female speaking in a low voice and sounds like the kind of mood she might have if that is the case.

2) There are a lot of character type profiles like Phoenix Reeves | Wiki | •Harry Potter• Español Amino and some of them are coincidental like Phoenix Reeves on Star Army Space Roleplay

"With the little company in shambles and unable to look for him Reeves Scripted himself a false Identification and took up work amongst streeters. He didn't stay in the slums long though, He had a sense that this life was no better, perhaps worse than his old one so he ran from this new life seeking something far more grand and a better use of his abilities. He hitched a ride to Sargasso to Seek employment in the crew of the Phoenix. He is wary about joining them but also far too tired of his present situation to mind terribly. "

And google searching a Russian woman on Instagram and Twitter whose photo is used on some of those accounts leads to UPDATE: Young woman found, alive, after a camper helped save her life which might be a good omen.

Thank you guys. I began watching the Oxygen special last night I am part way through part 2.
So far I sympathize with the parents pain but mom also seems preoccupied with appearances and how she is perceived. Thus she withholds information pertinent to the case from anyone willing to help. I think she is desperate to maintain her image as a Good Christian Woman that she has severely hindered the investigation. I also believe that she truly believes she is in fact Not doing this and the information she withholds or fibs about is a non issue and has no bearing on the search and investigation.
I do not believe they summoned Phoenix home from her off campus apartment due to finances. I believe they Knew about the boyfriend residing there or in the very least Male companions and saw their control slipping away.
I think the childhood friend know more than they are letting on but not everything.
And I also believe that the boyfriends are maintaining silence because they feel legally it is the best thing to do.

I’ve followed this case from the beginning, I always assumed she was deceased shortly after going missing.

I did a lot of reading yesterday of various theories and read many theorizing that she left voluntarily due to the strict upbringing she had.

At first I dismissed it as ludicrous but then the more I thought about it the more I realized that if I’d been an only child I’d have a lot less hesitation about just leaving and starting over with 0 contact.

Just a possibility that I hadn’t really considered before, I hope if she is alive she’s living her life on her terms.

I agree that if she left of her own accord I hope she is living her best life as well. And I do lean towards the theory she left on her own. Do I think that she may have gotten herself into a jam after that? Well that could happen to anyone?
Has the DNA been entered into NAMUS?

Okay. So I finished the Oxygen Special on Phoenix last night. As I stated before Mom is basically preoccupied with maintaining the Good Christian Image. In addition to that she is also preoccupied with any and everyone not blaming her for Phoenix' initial disappearance. However as I have also stated I do not feel mom or dad have malicious intent by this.
Asking the Detectives and Investigators WHY Phoenix would have voluntarily left and then using their answer of I do not know as an indicator that her daughter did not voluntarily leave on her own is in my mind a means to hold on to that belief is counterproductive as well.
I also believe that the parents know why she left and that it stems from a breakdown in their relationship.

Do I think she is still Out There? As I said in an earlier post I think she initially left on her own. But who knows what happened thereafter. Could she have entered The Life either voluntarily or via coercion? It is very possible.

Okay. So I finished the Oxygen Special on Phoenix last night. As I stated before Mom is basically preoccupied with maintaining the Good Christian Image. In addition to that she is also preoccupied with any and everyone not blaming her for Phoenix' initial disappearance. However as I have also stated I do not feel mom or dad have malicious intent by this.
Asking the Detectives and Investigators WHY Phoenix would have voluntarily left and then using their answer of I do not know as an indicator that her daughter did not voluntarily leave on her own is in my mind a means to hold on to that belief is counterproductive as well.
I also believe that the parents know why she left and that it stems from a breakdown in their relationship.

Do I think she is still Out There? As I said in an earlier post I think she initially left on her own. But who knows what happened thereafter. Could she have entered The Life either voluntarily or via coercion? It is very possible.

The mother may be a bit churchy, but beyond that I don't see your reason for criticizing her. You don't know her background, and it could very well be she was raised in a churchy family. She has gone a lot further than most people would go in looking for her missing kid, even to the point of her house possibly being foreclosed.

If the girl did leave voluntarily then no harm is done by the mother continuing to search, in fact she sets a good example.

As a general rule when a mother is looking for her lost kid she would be using much more effort, thinking, etc than in most situations. It could be that she has considered all the possible scenarios, all her possible actions, and all the possible outcomes, then crunched all that data and her actions are based on that. Whereas somebody criticizing her possible missteps is doing so from a comfortable place with nothing on the line.

You may be right that she left voluntarily. It is a heathy thing for people to leave their parents and it looks like the parents gave her much more to work with, even fencing lessons, than they had. She probably had more abilities and confidence as a young person than her parents, so she was able to take steps toward independence that they never did, even if it was extreme by some standards.

I was not criticizing the Mom in a malicious manner. Nor am I negating her parents pain. However I think that by focusing on this and trying to portray as such she is hindering the search and investigation. Of course not intentionally.

The mother's reactions are a sort of information too though, something that might lead certain people to think the girl did not have adequate space and left on her own.

The mother's upbringing might have led the daughter to leave in the specific way she did i.e., in a way that was not directly offensive or disrespectful.

Also, the fact that the mother named her daughter Phoenix, a significant mythological character, might give some idea of pressure or expectations that were put on the daughter.

I don't think mom and dad wanted Phoenix to fall into the traps of a scary world as well as utilize her talents and intelligence for nothing but good. However their methods may have felt stifling to Phoenix. Hence why she may have taken off . But staying away or at least not sending word via police that she is alive and well... that is what stumps me.
But she could have gone off the grid. People do. I have wondered that as well. Maybe gone tech free and truly does not know of the publicity. 0

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back