Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed but Never Forgotten This was created by Cheryl's oldest daughter in tribute to her mom. You can really see her personality shine through with these images and you can see how close she was to her daughters, grand-daughter, mother, and her siblings. It's very touching and oh so tragic.
That was a beautiful video. She looked so happy and loved!

I live less than a mile from Huffman dam and drive past it numerous times a day as well as walk my dog there. I haven’t seen any police or search activity there, however, after reading some earlier posts in this thread I decided to poke around the areas of the dam looking for any of the clothing or Cheryl to no avail. I have a friend who lives in the same neighborhood as the Coker’s that has said there’s been a larger presence of civilian and LE cars and people in the area. Could this be the company someone mentioned getting ready to search?

I live less than a mile from Huffman dam and drive past it numerous times a day as well as walk my dog there. I haven’t seen any police or search activity there, however, after reading some earlier posts in this thread I decided to poke around the areas of the dam looking for any of the clothing or Cheryl to no avail. I have a friend who lives in the same neighborhood as the Coker’s that has said there’s been a larger presence of civilian and LE cars and people in the area. Could this be the company someone mentioned getting ready to search?
Yes, Texas Eqqusearch was in her neighborhood today, and from what I read, I believe they are going to start searching tomorrow.

Cheryl Coker homicide case: Texas EquuSearch to assist Riverside police (with clip)

2/22/19

"RIVERSIDE —...David Rader, director of the nonprofit group’s Ohio chapter, confirmed early Friday that his organization offered to help Riverside police, and that the department accepted that help.

Riverside police this week announced that their investigation into the disappearance of Coker, who was last seen Oct. 2, is now a homicide. They also announced that her husband, William “Bill” Coker is their suspect in Coker’s death. Bill Coker is not charged with any crimes.

Rader said because of the weather, they likely won’t begin their search until Sunday morning, and it will be limited to professionals. He also won’t disclose the location of the planned search because the case remains under investigation...."

Cheryl Coker homicide case: Texas EquuSearch to assist Riverside police

Been doing a lot of thinking about this case and the one individual who bugs me more than William is the GF, she knew before the Florida trip that her present was going to cause problems, but she elected to stay and rub Cheryl’s face in it, she should have stepped out of the picture let there family problems work themselves out, and even worse now living in Cheryl’s home knowing that he’s a suspect in her homicide, disappearance
She reminds me of these brain dead women who want to marry harden criminals in prison
There is grapefruit with more intelligence than this women, no excuse for her behavior

So what type of woman would do what she’s doing, even to be as low to assume a suspected dead woman’s home, there is no love there can’t figure it out, has to be some mental issue

With this Texas search team here are the police keeping close track of William so he or any of his helpers don’t think they could relocate Cheryl’s remains or evidence

Cheryl Coker homicide case: Texas EquuSearch to assist Riverside police (with clip)

2/22/19

"RIVERSIDE —...David Rader, director of the nonprofit group’s Ohio chapter, confirmed early Friday that his organization offered to help Riverside police, and that the department accepted that help.

Riverside police this week announced that their investigation into the disappearance of Coker, who was last seen Oct. 2, is now a homicide. They also announced that her husband, William “Bill” Coker is their suspect in Coker’s death. Bill Coker is not charged with any crimes.

Rader said because of the weather, they likely won’t begin their search until Sunday morning, and it will be limited to professionals. He also won’t disclose the location of the planned search because the case remains under investigation...."

Cheryl Coker homicide case: Texas EquuSearch to assist Riverside police
I hope they won't be searching in wooded areas. We're expected to have winds up to 60 MPH on Sunday.

EquuSearch say they may ask volunteer searchers for help if they don't find Cheryl during their search. Sounds like they'll be around for awhile IMO. Says 10-20 experts in search. There's more information in this article.

Professional out-of-state search team brought in to help find Cheryl Coker

"We're going to use foot search. We have high-tech drones that we could utilize but with WPAFB being so close, the airpspace is going to be very limited for that,” Rader said. “This is more urban with dots of wooded areas until you get out a little bit and then you have the seclusion. So you have to kind of to do process of elimination with where the individual was last seen and then just keep expanding the circle out."

Does this group use LIDAR radar in their searches, I hope they do because they could cover a lot of ground quickly
( for those not familiar with LIDAR it’s a radar attached to the belly of a helicopter, light aircraft, when flying over a highly wooded area the radar strips away the vegetation and can reveal bodies, graves, structures, it’s a very cool radar
I sure hope they have it, it’s been used in archeology, and missing persons cases

Does this group use LIDAR radar in their searches, I hope they do because they could cover a lot of ground quickly
( for those not familiar with LIDAR it’s a radar attached to the belly of a helicopter, light aircraft, when flying over a highly wooded area the radar strips away the vegetation and can reveal bodies, graves, structures, it’s a very cool radar
I sure hope they have it, it’s been used in archeology, and missing persons cases

Interesting information

Wow that's pretty cool. Hope they have it.

I hope they won't be searching in wooded areas. We're expected to have winds up to 60 MPH on Sunday.

That's crazy. That's mild hurricane condition. Can't be good for a search; I guess they don't have a choice but to push forward.

What have the weather conditions been in the past 4 months? A lot of snow, record cold, icy conditions, or has it been more mild? I'm curious as to what they can expect to find? If it's been super cold, and she was buried, could her body be somewhat intact? Or would she be skeletonized by now regardless?

If it's true the gf had a polygraph yesterday, I hope that means she now fully cooperating, and maybe has passed on some location information on to LE; hence why they're targeting their search.

That's crazy. That's mild hurricane condition. Can't be good for a search; I guess they don't have a choice but to push forward.

What have the weather conditions been in the past 4 months? A lot of snow, record cold, icy conditions, or has it been more mild? I'm curious as to what they can expect to find? If it's been super cold, and she was buried, could her body be somewhat intact? Or would she be skeletonized by now regardless?

If it's true the gf had a polygraph yesterday, I hope that means she now fully cooperating, and maybe has passed on some location information on to LE; hence why they're targeting their search.
It's been colder this year with a lot more snow. If buried I think intact. I kinda doubt the time was taken to bury her though. I'm about 25 minutes from Riverside BTW.

The only radar they use that I've been able to find is ground penetrating radar.

I just read a very poignant comment by someone saying that "the only risky behavior" Cheryl was into was being willing to divorce him because she didn't want to put up with his lackluster attitudes at being a faithful husband, partner and father.

When I scan Cheryl's fb, I see so many comments she's made about Bill. Over the past few years she's referred to him as her soul mate, her best friend, her love, so blessed to be with him, made reference that he's sexier than Bruce Willis...

It is so tragically sad to read those comments. They were hers, and she loved him.

As a resident of Riverside our winter I think has been a roller coaster, we have only had two snowstorms one about 9 inches and the other day about 4 inches of super slushy snow, other than that we have received a lot of rain so searching any wooded area is going to be sloppy, I know just judging it on my backyard it will be June before I could walk back there

I wonder what he wrapped the body in for the crude burial, and we also have one other variable, like I said I live about 1.3 miles from Cheryl’s home, on reside on WPAFB housing right next to Airway Rd , dir3ctly across from the USAF Museum, believe it or not I have seen many red fox, and coyotes roaming my neighborhood, I know this first hand our mail box is part of a usps cluster box located about 50 feet from my home, I check my mail in the early morning , since my mailman usually delivers my mail around 800pm, one morning I started halfway down my driveway and quickly went back in there was 4 coyotes in my front yard

So where ever William disposed of Cheryl, not only the weather but the local wildlife that roams

The reason for more wildlife is there is a creek directly across from home that borders the museum, this creek if you follow it starts at the dam and the wildlife follow the water route

Also the housing that closer to the dam and area B from WPAFB there has also been sightings of bobcats.

So I worry about the intactness of Cheryl’s remains...

As a resident of Riverside our winter I think has been a roller coaster, we have only had two snowstorms one about 9 inches and the other day about 4 inches of super slushy snow, other than that we have received a lot of rain so searching any wooded area is going to be sloppy, I know just judging it on my backyard it will be June before I could walk back there

I wonder what he wrapped the body in for the crude burial, and we also have one other variable, like I said I live about 1.3 miles from Cheryl’s home, on reside on WPAFB housing right next to Airway Rd , dir3ctly across from the USAF Museum, believe it or not I have seen many red fox, and coyotes roaming my neighborhood, I know this first hand our mail box is part of a usps cluster box located about 50 feet from my home, I check my mail in the early morning , since my mailman usually delivers my mail around 800pm, one morning I started halfway down my driveway and quickly went back in there was 4 coyotes in my front yard

So where ever William disposed of Cheryl, not only the weather but the local wildlife that roams

The reason for more wildlife is there is a creek directly across from home that borders the museum, this creek if you follow it starts at the dam and the wildlife follow the water route

Also the housing that closer to the dam and area B from WPAFB there has also been sightings of bobcats.

So I worry about the intactness of Cheryl’s remains...

Hadn't considered the wildlife, good point. I'm from central Florida, such a humid and warm climate, a body can decompose in no time. We have a coyotes issue too.. they're getting bolder by the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa