UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get though, if he had this awful history, that the newspapers are reporting on that the whole island seemed to know about, how he was apparently so popular? He went on a camping trip with a group of people, he had a bunch of friends to host a party for, he went diving with them in the pier video, he had a girlfriend, he apparently was popular in school etc. usually people who are known to be that awful are at least somewhat shunned.

Have you watched the Netflix Ted Bundy tapes?

That will answer your question.

Or research 'why are some women attracted to prison inmates' ...

I actually do believe the affair with TM and I don't know why. I've been thinking over it for the past while and my thoughts haven't changed. I know most people on here probably don't and that's understandable given who he is, but for some reason, I think it did happen. I could very well be wrong though.
I also believe it and also feel although he is guilty there is more to it all

Have you watched the Netflix Ted Bundy tapes?

That will answer your question.

Or research 'why are some women attracted to prison inmates' ...

I have watched it, yes. So you think his friends just didn't believe any of the negative things said about him and that's why they weren't bothered?

I also didn't mean it in just a sexual way, I was meaning even just in terms of friendship and having people wanting to hang around and spend time with him too.

So much irks me about this case but here are a few things that i'm finding hard to comprehend (in no particular order)

1. We don't know who was on the beach or what (even how) they were carrying as per the CCTV but it seems to be accepted that it was AC carrying Alesha. Where did this come from? I was expecting the 'shadowy figure' to at least be confirmed as male (eliminating TM at least). Was this the case?

2. The whole TM and her aunt thing. I'm not sure the time of last sighting but i thought it was around midnight that TM closed the door and turned of the DVD. Post trial it emerges she last saw her moments (possibly) before the abduction and then tips off her aunt about looking at the CCTV at that time. She obviously fell in to a very deep sleep immediately after returning to bed (if that's what she did - there is no mention of this as far as i know).

3. How did the court come to the conclusion that AC abducted her at knife-point from her bed? Was there any evidence that the knife belonged to AC or that it was used in this way? I know his mum had similar knives but even if it was indeed her knife, there seems little evidence linking it to the crime (apart from a good way to explain how the girl went silently with AC). There is no evidence he was in the flat.

4. I immediately smelled a rat when the one item of clothing (the hoody) that linked TM to all of this (by AC saying he gave it to her on the night as she was cold) was in such a bad state that it wasn't even attempted for DNA profiling. Some say it's because it ended up in the skip (dumped by a copper!) and some because it had been in salt water (like the other clothes). Do we know exactly why this particular garment was inadmissible?

5. Doesn't anybody find it strange that RM says he was happily watching *advertiser censored* in bed when he recovered the sleepwalking Alesha from the living room and put her back to bed. When, in fact, a witness saw him arguing with TM outside at the very same time (a fact they both lied about in court). So, did he put Alesha to bed then go outside to have a heated argument with TM or was he having a heated argument with TM and then return inside to find Alesha in the living room? This seems irrelevant but my suspicious mind can think of a couple of scenarios where this could be pertinent to the case (aside from lying to cover your own backside for something trivial in a case seeking justice for something horrific that happened to your child).

6. All we know is that fibres found on Alesha were from Grey (or black = can't remember) jogging bottoms. This means the killer was likely to be wearing a pair of jogging bottoms. If AC was the only person on the island that ever wore jogging bottoms and was in some way synonymous with jogging bottom wearing i would consider that evidence. As it stands, it just means the perp was likely wearing jogging bottoms.

Interested to hear thoughts on these points.

P.S. It is pretty obvious i have my doubts about the conviction but i would like to stress that i am not at all convinced that TM was the perp either. I did think it was more likely TM than AC but i would also entertain the idea that TM may have been second in line for a fit up if, indeed, such a thing has happened here.

Timewise it's about 7 minutes down to the shelter on the shore road ( Marine Place ) and then I estimated another 7 minutes up to the steps and the woods. But the police woman who did the walk from the shelter to the steps/woods said 3 -4 minutes
If he was running, moving fast, he could have done the whole trip in 10 or less.
And taking a victim to a place familiar to the murderer, often happens.
According to google maps walking time it is 5 Minutes to Aleshas house and 5 Minutes to crime scene from Murderes house so easy 2-3 minutes for a young man running .
That is direct route though so longer going along shore But two times he left house he was going to dump jogger bottoms and 2nd time to check if they could be seen or not which was 2-3 minute run plus time to dispose of bottoms first time and 2nd time to check with torch if they had sunk.
Imo he would have stayed clear of crime scene although it is possible with time frame and as he is seen leaving in that direction running he may have returned there
Timewise it's about 7 minutes down to the shelter on the shore road ( Marine Place ) and then I estimated another 7 minutes up to the steps and the woods. But the police woman who did the walk from the shelter to the steps/woods said 3 -4 minutes
If he was running, moving fast, he could have done the whole trip in 10 or less.
And taking a victim to a place familiar to the murderer, often happens.
Only time he went form shelter to murder scene was after the initial abduction and that distance would have been about 15 Minute Possibly longer walking along the shore of a distance of about 3/4 Mile

I really don’t see much more than a very disturbed dangerous young lad killed a poor little girl

People sometimes try to look beyond this and I don’t think this was a complicated case at all and how he went to trial with that defence was ridiculous
The dna the cctv and the jury seemed to look at it the same way with a quick guilty

But we all have different opinions which makes this forum interesting[/QUOTE

Butler, I understand what you are saying. However, my response was to another poster, who, like myself, does not believe that if he had been present inside the flat, that in this day and age, evidence of DNA would have been found. I am sure that the authorities went over it in very fine detail. Several people on here, myself included, think that there is more to the story. Not saying that he is innocent, just that I find it difficult to believe that he was ever inside that property for the reasons which I have outlined above. He pleaded n.g. The jury found him to be g. and now he is imprisoned, most probably for life, whatever that may be.

On closer inspection of the CCTV, he doesn't come from the lane across the street, he comes from the far left.

Also when he leaves with the torch he seems to be in a hurry, possibly a panicked hurry? The two times he leaves after returning he appears to possibly heading up Gortans Road. When he returns for the final time, it's getting light and he appears very calm.

Aaron is the guilty party and unanimously convicted by 15! Jurors who saw EVERY detail.

I was hoping this was the case so that i could convince myself of a sound conviction. However, someone on here posted a twitter interaction with (i believe) a journo inside the court and he said that basically everything (minus a few irrelevant tit bits) was in public domain and nothing restricted. So we know as much as them it seems.

He is initially seen coming up this lane:

Google Maps
Hi

Does he actually come up that lane? It looks lke he came from the left which is the direction of the road leading to the steps near the crime scene. I’d swear he came from the left and not the lane on cctv I saw? Unless you’ve seen some footage I’ve missed as I’m playing catch up. It looked as if he came from the left and then he crossed the road... I wonder if he thought he couldn’t be seen from there and that’s why he bothered to then walk to the back of the property.

On closer inspection of the CCTV, he doesn't come from the lane across the street, he comes from the far left.
Its not clear He could have been crossing from lane( CreekDrive ) or from pavement on high St or he could even have come down Gortans lane and crossed the road to make it look like he has come from another direction as he knew a camera was there

So much irks me about this case but here are a few things that i'm finding hard to comprehend (in no particular order)

1. We don't know who was on the beach or what (even how) they were carrying as per the CCTV but it seems to be accepted that it was AC carrying Alesha. Where did this come from? I was expecting the 'shadowy figure' to at least be confirmed as male (eliminating TM at least). Was this the case?

2. The whole TM and her aunt thing. I'm not sure the time of last sighting but i thought it was around midnight that TM closed the door and turned of the DVD. Post trial it emerges she last saw her moments (possibly) before the abduction and then tips off her aunt about looking at the CCTV at that time. She obviously fell in to a very deep sleep immediately after returning to bed (if that's what she did - there is no mention of this as far as i know).

3. How did the court come to the conclusion that AC abducted her at knife-point from her bed? Was there any evidence that the knife belonged to AC or that it was used in this way? I know his mum had similar knives but even if it was indeed her knife, there seems little evidence linking it to the crime (apart from a good way to explain how the girl went silently with AC). There is no evidence he was in the flat.

4. I immediately smelled a rat when the one item of clothing (the hoody) that linked TM to all of this (by AC saying he gave it to her on the night as she was cold) was in such a bad state that it wasn't even attempted for DNA profiling. Some say it's because it ended up in the skip (dumped by a copper!) and some because it had been in salt water (like the other clothes). Do we know exactly why this particular garment was inadmissible?

5. Doesn't anybody find it strange that RM says he was happily watching *advertiser censored* in bed when he recovered the sleepwalking Alesha from the living room and put her back to bed. When, in fact, a witness saw him arguing with TM outside at the very same time (a fact they both lied about in court). So, did he put Alesha to bed then go outside to have a heated argument with TM or was he having a heated argument with TM and then return inside to find Alesha in the living room? This seems irrelevant but my suspicious mind can think of a couple of scenarios where this could be pertinent to the case (aside from lying to cover your own backside for something trivial in a case seeking justice for something horrific that happened to your child).

6. All we know is that fibres found on Alesha were from Grey (or black = can't remember) jogging bottoms. This means the killer was likely to be wearing a pair of jogging bottoms. If AC was the only person on the island that ever wore jogging bottoms and was in some way synonymous with jogging bottom wearing i would consider that evidence. As it stands, it just means the perp was likely wearing jogging bottoms.

Interested to hear thoughts on these points.

P.S. It is pretty obvious i have my doubts about the conviction but i would like to stress that i am not at all convinced that TM was the perp either. I did think it was more likely TM than AC but i would also entertain the idea that TM may have been second in line for a fit up if, indeed, such a thing has happened here.
All the things you mentioned have been bothering me too. I was also like to know, AC has said he had sex with TM that night, with TM providing the condom. Did they always use a condom or was this something unusual?
Also, the grandmother has said she feels guilty about leaving the key in the door, what time did the grandparents go to bed and were TM and RM outside arguing after this, so who did leave the key in the door?
If by chance AC was telling the truth, could a third person have been the shadowy figure on the CCTV, while AC and TM were having sex in the shelter?
There's so many things going through my head about this case.

Its not clear He could have been crossing from lane( CreekDrive ) or from pavement on high St or he could even have come down Gortans lane and crossed the road to make it look like he has come from another direction as he knew a camera was there

Possibly yep. On the clip I have just viewed which is clearer than the earlier ones, It seems to me that he comes from the far left, and not as I initially thought the lane from the shore.

Alesha MacPhail: CCTV taken from home of murderer

He comes from the left of the white car which is beyond the lane across from his house.

When was this alleged argument between the father and TM supposed to have taken place? After 11 pm?

Ugh I've got so many unanswered questions, it's really annoying me! Does anyone know how to send a letter to a prisoner? I know it sounds ludicrous but I'm genuinely considering it.

Respectfully ... If you think he'll tell you anything g or confide in you or even brag to you ... you're wasting the queens head.

So based on new info what do people think was his exact route and movements from start to end that night ?
Leaves house in direction MacPhails .
Bduc
So, if Aleshas house is along Ardbeg Road a bit, at junction with shore road, he was seen on CCTV carrying something/someone along shore road, could it be feesible he left her house with her, carried her along shore road and up that road then up the lane at the side of his house? So he could have been caught on CCTV earlier also crossing the road?
No he went along shore after abduction and was seen on CCTV from near Rockabilly hotel on shore Most likely route is to continue along shore and up to murder scene . As you say he would have been seen on CCTV at his house if if passed by it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buybuyavto