UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Noseyjosie Oh no you don't have to do that, we're all here to discuss and I'm sure there are loads of different theories going around. There will certainly be people here happy to talk about what you post and I'm sure there will be people who agree with you as well!

The 2am is my doubt. It was actually the key bit in getting him as it was fed to the mum to check cctv at this time. So it is vital for building a case as it incriminates him. Nothing at the house does.

It’s also strange that two calls happened at this time between them too. Likewise a weird convo the next morning too that had little alarm to it despite the girl missing. Very strange.

Maybe I’m thinking too much but there are gaps and strangeness to it all.
Pretty sure it was nearer 12 pm in testimony by TM when she last saw Alesha asleep

I don't think DNA is shed as copiously as one might imagine. If someone goes in and out of a room without touching anything, it's possible that they wouldn't leave any DNA traces.

Jayme Closs case is a prime example of that... Perp located mother and Jayme in bathroom, demanded mother use duct tape he brought with on Jayme and then proceeded to kill the poor child's mother in front of her... He left no DNA traces of himself only 2 poor innocent dead people

Yes, but there was no suggestion the fibres were from these jogging bottoms just ones similar, i.e. from a pair of jogging bottoms.

I'm fairly sure that in legal terms "similar" would mean nearer to "the same", as in, that pair or one identical/near identical, not just ANY pair of jogging bottoms. I looked up fibre comparison to see how much they can learn from fibres, as I've seen enough cases where it's used to conclusively identify the manufacturer/brand of clothing:

More than half of all fibers used in the production of textile materials are man-made. Some man-made fibers originate from natural materials such as cotton or wood; others originate from synthetic materials. Polyester and nylon fibers are the most commonly encountered man-made fibers, followed by acrylics, rayons, and acetates. There are also many other less common man-made fibers. The amount of production of a particular man-made fiber and its end use influence the degree of rarity of a given fiber.

The shape of a man-made fiber can determine the value placed on that fiber. The cross section of a man-made fiber can be manufacturer-specific: Some cross sections are more common than others, and some shapes may only be produced for a short period of time. Unusual cross sections encountered through examination can add increased significance to a fiber association.

Color influences the value given to a particular fiber identification. Often several dyes are used to give a fiber a desired color. Individual fibers can be colored prior to being spun into yarns. Yarns can be dyed, and fabrics made from them can be dyed. Color can also be applied to the surface of fabric, as found in printed fabrics. How color is applied and absorbed along the length of the fiber are important comparison characteristics. Color-fading and discoloration can also lend increased value to a fiber association.

Hairs, Fibers, Crime, and Evidence, Part 2, by Deedrick (Forensic Science Communications, July 2000)

We weren't in the court and the tweets didn't give much detail so I don't know just how identifiable the jogging bottoms were, but I doubt there would have been much emphasis put on them if it'd been really vague, so I'd expect it to have it narrowed down enough that there is a good chance of it being the same pair, not just any pair owned by anyone on the island, perhaps they got it down to manufacturer or even exact style, we weren't told. I'd certainly assume the defence would have appointed their own fibre expert to tell us just how very common these fibres are, if it was likely that lots of people would have trousers that match them.

It's odd that AC's hand prints were on the chairrail in the stairwell but not in the flat. Do you think it's possible that he only though to pull his sleeve over his hands once he reached the door to their flat i.e the door at the top of the stairs?
Could be
He may have stumbled and put his hand on rail to stop from falling . Remember he is Tipsy

If you think you know as much from a few tweets as a juror then ... well! I can't say what I think politely.

I certainly wasn't saying that and expected such a response to be fair. Just couldn't be arsed to qualify it as i thought it was obvious. Don't be polite on my account!

You and I have not sat through hours of evidence, hours of expert witness testimony, hours of noting body language and listening to every word spoken over the best part of 2 weeks.

No, but we have the upshot of the evidence and the expert witness testimony and nothing was restricted so all the relevant, most pertinent aspects were disclosed.

hours of noting body language

I wouldn't rely on pseudo science as a juror. If any of the jurors did then i hope they are at least experts in the field.

No, you and I (thank the fluffing king of Christmas because, just no!) haven't seen the photos if that poor child and her Injuries.

Thank Christ indeed! But i fail to see how this is relevant? Unless they were shown a selfie of AC at the crime scene? If so, i would have expected that tweet to be forthcoming for sure!

What the accused claimed was than in “2017” he and Toni hd s been hooking up he did not say it was a regular continual thing until July 18. So why would she go meet him at 2am with a condom 7/8/9 months later after a random phone call. Booty call when he apparently has a gf and was at his own party. I honestly believe he went with the intention of buying drugs I think when he got there the door was open, a was on couch in living room. His urges took over. I don’t see how they could have a room for her upstairs. Maybe when T was staying over A slept downstairs ... just a thought

I certainly wasn't saying that and expected such a response to be fair. Just couldn't be arsed to qualify it as i thought it was obvious. Don't be polite on my account!

No, but we have the upshot of the evidence and the expert witness testimony and nothing was restricted so all the relevant, most pertinent aspects were disclosed.

I wouldn't rely on pseudo science as a juror. If any of the jurors did then i hope they are at least experts in the field.

Thank Christ indeed! But i fail to see how this is relevant? Unless they were shown a selfie of AC at the crime scene? If so, i would have expected that tweet to be forthcoming for sure!

My reason for politeness is not for your benefit.

It's because it is the Websleuth rule and I do not wish to be given a TO.

For the same reason. I shall say no more.

Last edited:
Sorry long time lurking and long time posting - this case has been truly heartbreaking and have followed it all, with kids myself I don't even want to imagine the horror she went through or what her family are going through- R.I.P Alesha the cutest wee button out there xx

Respectfully ... If you think he'll tell you anything g or confide in you or even brag to you ... you're wasting the queens head.

Really? I thought that was his M.O. as a narcissistic, psychotic killer. Even when, in court, he said that he can bench press 50kg but doesn't think that is particularly impressive, posters on here were tearing their hair out in frustration at the way this boy likes to show off in 'look at me i can lift weights' way. Don't forget also that he couldn't contain himself from sending snapchat videoes of him claiming to be the killer (this was definitely not banter, he definitely likes to brag about his achievements - Sick, Sick, Sick)
So, based on that i guess he would confide in people and/or brag to them. Respectfully.

I'm fairly sure that in legal terms "similar" would mean nearer to "the same", as in, that pair or one identical/near identical, not just ANY pair of jogging bottoms. I looked up fibre comparison to see how much they can learn from fibres, as I've seen enough cases where it's used to conclusively identify the manufacturer/brand of clothing:

We weren't in the court and the tweets didn't give much detail so I don't know just how identifiable the jogging bottoms were, but I doubt there would have been much emphasis put on them if it'd been really vague, so I'd expect it to have it narrowed down enough that there is a good chance of it being the same pair, not just any pair owned by anyone on the island, perhaps they got it down to manufacturer or even exact style, we weren't told. I'd certainly assume the defence would have appointed their own fibre expert to tell us just how very common these fibres are, if it was likely that lots of people would have trousers that match them.

Of course they would . Thats why no contest, he even admitted they were his

For avoidance of doubt

The ONLY person to blame here is the spineless little toad currently sitting playing xbox in polmont.

Im sure that nothing and nobody ever gave him the slightest inclination that behaving like a wild animal was ok.

Its all down to him - and if his mother had said so...im sure the whole board would have been right behind her
Animals are wonderful beings. Toads, rats etc. Please consider not referring to this vile human as an animal. Xi

[
Hes coming back form murder scene first time

Yes looks like he went along the shore and up through the lane to his house or through the back alleys that lead to his house from the crime scene

Corrected after seeing Daily Mail video looks like he returns directly along high Rd and crosses just before his house up side lane and over wall into his back garden

Fair enough, sounds reasonable.

Does noone find it strange that TM knew what time to ask for the CCTV to be checked?

From my knowledge, that hasn’t been confirmed in court. It is a third hand statement that has supposedly travelled from Toni, to her aunt, to the mother of the killer and then to the press. IMO I wouldn’t focus on that being concrete.

From my knowledge, that hasn’t been confirmed in court. It is a third hand statement that has supposedly travelled from Toni, to her aunt, to the mother of the killer and then to the press. IMO I wouldn’t focus on that being concrete.
I think R might have said something if his girlfriend went missing for a length of time then his daughter was found murdered the next morning I highly doubt he’d cover up for his girlfriend if this was true
R could have been out of it, I don't think T has anything to do with the awfulness that happened but if they did meet and Alesha hapened to wake up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa