The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Derek Momodu‏Verified account @DelMody
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are greeted by Orla Reilly aged 12 and Elsa Reilly aged 8, the daughters of the British ambassador to Morocco, as they arrive for a reception at the British Residence in Rabat
1f4f8.png
PA ##RoyalVisitMorocco https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-meghan-markle-price-harry-14044676 …

D0MHQdMX0AA-D10.jpg

D0MHTcGXQAAQbt0.jpg

D0MHTcPXcAAShW2.jpg

1:01 PM - 24 Feb 2019

Derek Momodu‏Verified account @DelMody
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrive for a reception hosted by the British Ambassador to Morocco at the British Residence in Rabat on the second day of their tour of Morocco. #RoyalVisitMorocco
1f4f8.png
@PA https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/live-meghan-markle-price-harry-14044676?xy …

D0MDCeRXgAED28d.jpg

12:41 PM - 24 Feb 2019
This particular picture the gown looks nice, but if you peruse that tweeter’s other posts there are some that are not so flattering. One in particular, her belly looks very strange/lumpy.

ETA: Hopefully I’m linking this correctly.

Derek Momodu on Twitter

ETA again: Could she be wearing a bulletproof vest under the gown?

Last edited:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's baby has already set an impressive new royal record, despite the fact he or she hasn't even been born yet.

The couple's first child, who is due to arrive around April time, has trigged a betting frenzy with a record breaking amount of cash being placed on the date of birth, sex and name of Baby Sussex.

Meghan's baby has already set impressive new record - beating George & Charlotte

Is anyone here going to put a bet on relating to the new Royal baby? Not that I am encouraging gambling.

Wonder if they are betting in Vegas? Makes it all seem so much like a horse race.

I’m thinking late March / early April. —Also, leaning towards a girl.

I love the dual names some with great nicknames... like Dora or Doria, for Theodora?

Frederick / Fredericka
Daniel / Daniella
Alexander / Alexandra
Gerald / Geraldine
Justin / Justine
Phillip / Philippa
Simon / Simone
Theodore / Theodora
Victor / Victoria

This particular picture the gown looks nice, but if you peruse that tweeter’s other posts there are some that are not so flattering. One in particular, her belly looks very strange/lumpy.

ETA: Hopefully I’m linking this correctly.

Derek Momodu on Twitter

ETA again: Could she be wearing a bulletproof vest under the gown?

IDK? Some kind of a smoothing undergarment? Looks, um, unified? As you mention, not so flattering.

Absolutely approve of her longer sleeves & hemlines in this moderate Muslim nation!

Actually, they likely would take drastic action in Morocco if she showed up with a clingy dress. Religion and extremely modest clothing and behavior standards, according to what I've read.

I “know” a couple who lives in Morocco. She must be in her fifties but she is in perfect shape. She wears tiny, flirty skirts. Her husband appears to be at least ten years younger.

They love it there. It is cheap and they have all kinds of people that work for them as it is not expensive to employ cleaners and gardeners.

I have not seen them this year but the people they visit here have traveled to visit an ill family member.

Morocco is a very popular tourist destination

I’m glad to hear this about Fergie. I was a child when she and Diana were young brides and I always liked her. Even as a child I felt like she was being bullied and that the press was awful toward her.

I saw Fergie’s wedding dress at the wax museum in London. I have no idea if it was the real one. It was stunning. It was embroidered with bees ( in white or cream. I forget fhe exact color of the dress)

I wish I had hung on to some of my clothes/shoes since some are making a comeback. I think :D

I still have my mom’s Geiger jackets; Swiss, I believe, warm boiled wool classic short jackets. I love them. Unfortunately, I don’t know what happened to my couple of 70’s Diane von Furstenburg (sp) wrap dresses. They were amazing. And one divine Halston simple evening dress went wayward, but that was definitely perfect for a young woman... I still have a sweet Laura Ashley dress from the late 80’s, I think. I wore just this year to an event. Timeless. Clothing was made to last, too.

And I had platforms that I wore out. But come to find the company has been in business all this time... So, I got myself a couple pair of lower platforms from Korkease for warm weather dress up. Still as comfortable as ever.

Last edited:
I “know” a couple who lives in Morocco. She must be in her fifties but she is in perfect shape. She wears tiny, flirty skirts. Her husband appears to be at least ten years younger.

They love it there. It is cheap and they have all kinds of people that work for them as it is not expensive to employ cleaners and gardeners.

I have not seen them this year but the people they visit here have traveled to visit an ill family member.

Morocco is a very popular tourist destination

We hosted an exchange student from Morocco a few years back. He is a dentist now, his younger sister is a doctor.

Morocco was controlled by France for decades, so women who look European or American -- lighter skin & hair -- have more leeway in dress.

Still, her sleeve & hem length is appropriate professional dress as she represents the BRF overseas!

Has Meghan Markle adopted a British accent? - CNN Video

I watched a video earlier this morning and was wondering myself if I heard a bit of a British accent? The video I watched of Meghan was really short and the sound quality wasn't so great so I couldn't really tell. I love, love, and love the British accent. I always have since I was a little girl. Growing up my uncle introduced me to his new girlfriend (now wife of 20 years) and I was so intrigued by her accent. I remember when I was 7 years old, I would often try to copy it. ha! It's just beautiful to me. :)

She has the cutest face - no need for a bunch of makeup

D0LHz7eWoAEMlW9.jpg

She really does have such a pretty face. Here, she looks great.

She needs to lose that bronzer contour thing and the misty mountain highlights. The pics in the red dress, it looked like someone started to ice the cake and left the job to take a phone call! She does not have high cheek bones, and her evening makeup accentuates it. Very distracting.

Has Meghan Markle adopted a British accent? - CNN Video

I watched a video earlier this morning and was wondering myself if I heard a bit of a British accent? The video I watched of Meghan was really short and the sound quality wasn't so great so I couldn't really tell. I love, love, and love the British accent. I always have since I was a little girl. Growing up my uncle introduced me to his new girlfriend (now wife of 20 years) and I was so intrigued by her accent. I remember when I was 7 years old, I would often try to copy it. ha! It's just beautiful to me. :)

Yes I think she's picked up a bit of a 'posh' accent but it's hardly surprisingly given who she's hanging out with!

Is there a posh American accent? That's how I imagine it would sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419