UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From SKY news webpage immediately as verdict came in:
The 16-year-old boy, who cannot named because of his age, abducted Alesha at knifepoint from her bedroom at her grandparents' home on the Isle of Bute.

He then carried her half a mile to a woodland clearing on the Scottish holiday island, where she was raped and smothered to death.

Earlier reports prior to the trial suggest post-mortem found she could have been killed either at the flat or at the site the body was found...

I've no idea. The defence was flimsy imo. I don't think AC was properly prepared, given that he ventured into wild speculation re TM's motives on the stand.
Yes his defence QC was very poor...appeared to just go through the motions...didn’t really put up much of a defence to be fair

Did AC ever give a clear timeline of where he was in the time the cctv shows him jumping back and forth over the wall in different states of undress. No one ever corroborated anything he said is my recollection.

Wow. Now the local stories start to emerge. Not sure it's accurate about knowing him from two tho
In the article Ms Stewart details that it was Janette who escalated the situation by texting her accusing her of attacking her son. Janette has now risen to become my candidate as AC's primary enabler. She would take his word as a ten year old over that of a trusted neighbor. Janette caused her friend to be thrown in jail and subject to a court proceeding. That's a pretty remarkable story.

Not sure why it wasn't used by prosecution, but I am sure if it would have helped the defense, they would have brought it up. Maybe he didn't have locations activated on his phone?
I would have thought the cops would have technology to track it either way. They can triangulate pre paid burners. I am very surprised it was left out - it could have potentially told the story in itself.

Why did his mother have ctv installed in the house ? So gran passed awhile ago , can understand why they would have ctv outside the house , but in the house ? Also if the ctv was solely for the gran why she still using it ?

I wrote my comment before you'd replied to another poster.

I am very anti drugs - but in this instance, Rab wasn't a dealer to any old randomers - he sold small amounts of weed to people he knew.

Aaron was not at all a stranger! They lived on a very small island and Toni and Aaron's families were very close.

It's not like Rab had all the junkies and crack heads at his door - in which case, I might agree with you.
How do you know exactly how much he sold and to how many people. He was selling to a 14 year old as was proved by himself so how many other 14 year olds were buying from him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54