Norway Norway - Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik, 68, kidnapped, cryptocurrency ransom demanded, Oslo, 31 Oct 2018

News from 11. February in the norwegian newspaper VG (Verdens Gang): The police say that the supposed kidnappers have addressed a new message to Anne-Elisabeth Hagen's family - on a better suitable platform. At the same time they are without signs of life.
The police confirmed this at a press conference at the police station in Lillestrøm on Monday afternoon

Link: Lørenskog-forsvinningen: Fikk nytt budskap på ny plattform

Last edited:
According to the norwegian TV channel TV2: Life signs have still not been received from Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen (68), but the family's assistance lawyer Svein Holden states that the counterpart has outlined life proof in a new inquiry.
Just wondered what does it mean that "the counterpart has outlined life proof". Anyone?

According to the norwegian TV channel TV2: Life signs have still not been received from Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen (68), but the family's assistance lawyer Svein Holden states that the counterpart has outlined life proof in a new inquiry.
Just wondered what does it mean that "the counterpart has outlined life proof". Anyone?

This is via Google translate, but I guess it means this:

The kidnappers suggest how they can give life signs from Anne-Elisabeth Hagen

Google Translate

I pray she’s alive. I think it’s highly unlikely because it’s been such a long time since they abducted her. I think if they truly had life signs, they’d have already given them. All jmo, of course.

Shure is a strange thing that the kidnappers havent given her family any life signs at all since 10. october. Dont think the counterpart are to release her after the eventually ransom money is given anyways... sad thing though...

Just wonder why did the police wait so long as 10 weeks to go public with this case....
I suspect because it’s a kidnapping
Certainly here in the U.K., as soon as a call comes in about a kidnapping, they are classed as code RED and there is an immediate radio/transmission/media blackout
Everything, and I literally mean everything is kept to utmost secrecy to those that need to know. I. Cannot go into the reasons behind this decision and policy instruction, suffice to say that it is all done in the interest of the Victim and their family to give the best chance of securing a safe release. If and only if all leads are exhausted and the investigation cannot be furthered by any means possible to bring it to a safe conclusion, only then will those investigating ( SERIOUS & ORGANISED CRIME SQUAD in U.K. / FBI or CIA I presume in the USA and potentially the European international Serious Organised Crine Squad in EUROPE) confirm to the public that such a crime has occurred and even then the information given is absolutely controlled for safety and security.
I hope that helps a little in answering your question. I apologise for holding back but it would not be professional of me to discuss the Policy in more detail.

Shure is a strange thing that the kidnappers havent given her family any life signs at all since 10. october. Dont think the counterpart are to release her after the eventually ransom money is given anyways... sad thing though...

31. october was the date, not 10. oktober as I said earlier.. o_O

Politiet advarer: – Ikke forsøk å være detektiver
Headline: "Police warn: - Don't try to be detectives"

Norwegian LE warns the public to not interfere with the investigation. Also, they have received some answers to some of the DNA traces from the house of the Hagen family, but they are still waiting for results of recently submitted samples.

"At best, it can lead to an identification," the police inspector said.

Politiet: - Vi er svært bekymret og urolig
Headline: "We are very worried and uneasy"

Norwegian LE are very worried that they have yet to receive any proof of Hagen still being alive from the kidnappers, despite new contact has been made with them recently.
Monday this week, the Eastern Police District made it known that there was new contact between those who allegedly had kidnapped Anne-Elisabeth Hagen.

The police do not want to say the exact time of the last contact. The previous communication was January 16th.

On October 31, she was abducted against her will from her own home in Lørenskog, about 15 km east of Oslo. The last secure life sign from her is from a phone call she had with a family member at 09.14.

Norwegian police have said they still have “no signs of life” in the alleged abduction four months ago of Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen, the wife of one of Norway’s richest men.

The chief police investigator, Tommy Brøske, said: “We now must ask ourselves whether she is still alive,” but stressed they are not winding down the investigation into her disappearance.

Falkevik Hagen, who was last seen alive on 31 October, is the wife of Tom Hagen, a media-shy real estate investor and owner of an electric company.

A note was found in their house describing what would happen to her if a ransom was not paid. Norwegian media have said the ransom was €9m (£7.7m), to be paid in cryptocurrency.
1440.jpg

Norwegian police have 'no signs of life' of missing woman

First, thankyou for accepting me into this group.. I follow several missing persons cases and have been following & reading your group threads for years. I've been following the Anne Elisabeth Hagen case since the beginning and researching several cryptocurrency companies in Oslo and found that due to the new taxes added because of the kidnapped wife's husband owning the shares in the power company one company might be closing down(Kryptovault) and another is losing alot of money. I wondered if the kidnapping had anything to do with this? Someone from one of the companies that was affected by her husband raising taxes on the power. Especially if that forced Kryptovault out of business. Could it be a revenge kidnapping? I wonder if LE has looked into this. Kryptovault and the other company, I can't remember the name, is blaming their loss of money directly to the new power taxes. I found all the articles about this on websites when I googled cryptocurrency companies Oslo, Norway after coming across the article of Krytovault considering shuttering it's doors. I follow alot of tech sites because my son is in the IT industry and Krytovault is big talk in the groups. I just thought that the 1st place LE might ought to look at is at all the companies affected the most by Anne's husband's new taxes. Especially the one the taxes have caused to probably go out of business. What do you guys think?

First, thankyou for accepting me into this group.. I follow several missing persons cases and have been following & reading your group threads for years. I've been following the Anne Elisabeth Hagen case since the beginning and researching several cryptocurrency companies in Oslo and found that due to the new taxes added because of the kidnapped wife's husband owning the shares in the power company one company might be closing down(Kryptovault) and another is losing alot of money. I wondered if the kidnapping had anything to do with this? Someone from one of the companies that was affected by her husband raising taxes on the power. Especially if that forced Kryptovault out of business. Could it be a revenge kidnapping? I wonder if LE has looked into this. Kryptovault and the other company, I can't remember the name, is blaming their loss of money directly to the new power taxes. I found all the articles about this on websites when I googled cryptocurrency companies Oslo, Norway after coming across the article of Krytovault considering shuttering it's doors. I follow alot of tech sites because my son is in the IT industry and Krytovault is big talk in the groups. I just thought that the 1st place LE might ought to look at is at all the companies affected the most by Anne's husband's new taxes. Especially the one the taxes have caused to probably go out of business. What do you guys think?
Who knows, could be related.

Also: so much for Climate Change. Datacenters are warming up the arctic circle and our planet too. But up to now I haven't heard anyone consider the destructive power of bitcoin mining and data centres. On the contrary.

Police: - May have the answer
(Google translation)
Made new surveys in the home today.

MARCH 29, 2019 AT. 20.54

Friday morning the police made new investigations in the home of missing Anne-Elisabeth Hagen (69) and her husband. The police believe they can sit on the solution.

At 10.45 am Friday, 150 days after Anne-Elisabeth Hagen disappeared, two civilian police cars arrived at Hagen's residence at Fjellhamar in Lørenskog. The police were at the address for about one hour.

Police inspector Tommy Brøske in the Eastern Police District informs Aftenpostenthat the police have so far not received the answers from the surveys they conducted on Friday morning.

Anne-Elisabeth Hagen disappeared from the residence on October 31 last year. The police assume she has been abducted. The case was first publicly known in January this year.

To NRK Friday night, the police confirm that they can have the answer to the disappearance case among the large amount of investigation material they have collected.

- There is good reason to believe it. We can expect that we have secured what we need, but if we can find the answer, we will now have to look at it, ”says Brøske.

The police's main theory is that the woman was abducted from the house. The police have confirmed that threats and demands have been made regarding ransom in the form of crypto currency in the supposed abduction case. However, there has been no evidence that Hagen is alive.

- It's still that this worries us. It is clear that we, of course, also see that this can draw in the direction that Anne-Elisabeth Hagen may be less likely to be alive, ”says Brøske.
Politiet: - Kan ha svaret

Friday morning the police made new investigations in the home of missing Anne-Elisabeth Hagen (69) and her husband. The police believe they can sit on the solution.

30 April 2019;
Swedish police have also contributed to the search for Anne-Elisabeth Hagen in the Vesletjern and Langvannet. The Swedish dog Cross had also participated in the search for the body of Kim Wall.
6652971.jpg

Google Translation:
When the police in the East started the new searches on Monday, it was with two dogs from Kripos, one from their own police district and the Swedish criminal search dog "Cross", who also participated in the search for the killed journalist Kim Wall in 2017. It was VG who first mentioned this Monday.

The dog "Cross" was also awarded this year's police dog award, along with two others, for the work in the Kim Wall case.

- I can confirm that searches were made with four different dogs, and that we had assistance from Swedish police. The reason for their wish for assistance was that we wanted to ensure that we had the best expertise on the dogs that were to be used, says Brøske to Nettavisen.

- Isn't that expertise in Norway?
- It is in the answer I gave that this competence also lies with our neighboring countries. The dog has special expertise in searching in water.
Politiet pågriper ikke bedragere i Anne-Elisabeth Hagen-saken

Norway: Tycoon’s wife likely killed, abduction may be fake | The Star
"June 26, 2019
COPENHAGEN - The wife of one of Norway’s richest men who was apparently abducted eight months ago might have been killed, police said Wednesday, adding they “cannot exclude a staged kidnapping to hide it.”

Authorities have been tight-lipped about the case of 69-year-old Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen, who was last seen alive on Oct. 31. She’s the wife of Tom Hagen, a media-shy real estate investor and owner of an electric company.

It was believed she was kidnapped after a note was found in their house, east of Oslo, saying she would be killed if a ransom wasn’t paid. Norwegian media reported at the time that a ransom of 9 million euros ($10.2 million), to be paid in cryptocurrency, was demanded.

Chief police investigator Tommy Broeske said Wednesday that detectives have now changed their “main hypothesis” about the case because of the absence of any signs of Falkevik Hagen’s life or recent contact with the alleged kidnappers."

https://nypost.com/2019/06/26/wife-of-norwegian-tycoon-is-likely-dead-after-fake-abduction-cops-say/

Wife of Norwegian tycoon is likely dead after fake abduction, cops say

June 26, 2019
hagen.jpg

Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen
"A Norwegian tycoon’s wife who was believed to have been kidnapped eight months ago was likely killed, according to police, who said it’s possible her abduction was staged to hide her death.

Anne-Elisabeth Falkevik Hagen, who is married to real estate developer Tom Hagen, was reported missing Oct. 31 from the couple’s home east of Oslo, where a ransom note was discovered.

Authorities initially zeroed in on the ransom demands, but said Wednesday they changed their “main hypothesis” due to the lack of contact with the supposed kidnappers."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbrady
Back