Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't realised that The Sun actually stated it was Libby getting in spider man's car

'Soiling' makes it more than a petty burglary imo...that was my main point. I read one source where it said only a minority of those cases avoid a custodial sentence. I think it was 16%.
We shall see any way in a week or so.
We will eventually find out, at present it's mainly guess work.

This is my first case following with Websleuths. Have you regulars ever known a case put you through a rollercoaster of emotions as much as this one?

I've been here around 4-5 years ... MOST uk cases are solved relatively quickly, thankfully! But the longer there's a missing person with no body found and no suspect in a cell ... the more wild the theories and speculation gets!

I'm just hoping that Libby, Leah and Joy are all found and, one way or another, returned to their loved ones.

Last edited:
This is my first case following with Websleuths. Have you regulars ever known a case put you through a rollercoaster of emotions as much as this one?

You think this is bad, Dan, wait for the trial thread (if there is one)!

Happens about once or twice a year for me personally, on UK cases. Becky Watts trial was immense and intense; we were all exhausted, emotional, and utterly invested in wanting justice for Becky. Helen Bailey's trial was similar. Alesha McPhail's has just finished though I didn't follow it mainly because Libby vanished and I was here. Some just give you the feels and Libby seems to be one of them.

You kind of hope there won't be a trial because it spares the family the details, but it is so interesting hearing all the evidence - some of which we sussed, some of which is a total shock.

We will eventually find out, at present it's mainly guess work.

Some guess work on the actual sentence yes but I do remain convinced on it being more than just petty burglary.

https://www.banksr.co.uk/images/Gui...l Advice to the Council/Domestic_burglary.pdf

"Gratuitous damage involving acts of vandalism or soiling (i.e. damage over and above that necessary to commit an offence) is rare but causes greater harm to the victim(s), as well as indicating particularly high culpability"

I could guess that he actually stalked the people he targeted aswell before burglarizing....

I will try and shut up about it though...and wait a week :D

You know what Stella you are totally right.

Personally I'm going to scroll by the posts that wind me up and just concentrate on the ones that don't.

Wise words!
You can put posters you don't want to read on your 'ignore list' my list is currently around 70 people long, it makes catching up much easier and you don't miss anything, or get too mad.
If you don't actually log on, you then get to see all posts as normal.

Some guess work on the actual sentence yes but I do remain convinced on it being more than just petty burglary.

https://www.banksr.co.uk/images/Guidelines/Advisory Panel Advice to the Council/Domestic_burglary.pdf

"Gratuitous damage involving acts of vandalism or soiling (i.e. damage over and above that necessary to commit an offence) is rare but causes greater harm to the victim(s), as well as indicating particularly high culpability"

I could guess that he actually stalked the people he targeted aswell before burglarizing....

I will try and shut up about it though...and wait a week :D
At present if nothing else changes the only thing we will learn next week is when the trial is likely to be and whether or not he will get bailed.

You can put posters you don't want to read on your 'ignore list' my list is currently around 70 people long, it makes catching up much easier and you don't miss anything, or get too mad.

I know and I should do.

Did we ever discuss why a couple of the charges spanned dates? Obv householders away at time so unable to be exact on date is an obv one. Students/Wkends? Hols? Has the Burglar staked out the properties and observed repeated patterns of absence?

Could Trespass be used other than for house entry? I.e entering gardens or yards?

If there were no difference it wouldn't be distinguished in law.

It is, therefore.....
You obviously know the ins and outs of british law and considering your latest statement about the four people in the video your privy to info that we are not. So are you a member of or have connections to our lovely police force ?

Tried that PP but it got to the point the threads were just me replying to my own posts. As it should be. Had to compromise eventually. ( It must be a glitch that Im seeing your post) :p :)

70? Jesus! Surely there's hardly any posts left to read and how do you know you're not missing anything? I'd have terrible FOMO!!

Just thought - you might not be able to see this :p

Did we ever discuss why a couple of the charges spanned dates? Obv householders away at time so unable to be exact on date is an obv one. Students/Wkends? Hols? Has the Burglar staked out the properties and observed repeated patterns of absence?

Could Trespass be used other than for house entry? I.e entering gardens or yards?
That kind of trespass would be a civil matter.

The span of the charges is most likely as you say, person was away and therefore can't be more precise. No forced entry so nothing for other occupants to notice.

She'd been picked up on CCTV thus far. She'd possibly be picked up on it again if she'd stumbled to the park.Witnesses seen to imply she was stumbling. Police asked for CCTV and dashcam footage.

Libby was seen at that bench until just before 12.09. Given no mention is made of her after this point I assume she did not show up walking off on anything .Even the bench CCTV or spidercam.

Given the ITV is a safe reputable media outlet, Spidercam is carefully edited and they actually mention suspicious opinion activity my opinion is that shows Libby getting into PRs car.

So I'm assuming Libby did not walk to a river from the bench near Spidercam.

The police seem very focused on the park. Drunk or sober I personally would avoid that.

I don't think she made her own way to water.
I may be wrong, but wouldn't that mean the burglary didn't involve forced entry? Like he just took advantage of an unlocked door, rather than breaking in.
I may be wrong, but wouldn't that mean the burglary didn't involve forced entry? Like he just took advantage of an unlocked door, rather than breaking in.
I wonder if all his alleged burglaries have been trespass rather than actual break ins using forced entry. Maybe it was all opportunistic burglaries where residents had left their doors open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419