GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said this bible verse comes to mind and maybe Shan'ann was thinking "Father forgive them for they no not what they do." Is he trying to say she was asking that he be forgiven as he was killing her?

Wow, he's a narcissist all the way, thinking the wife he murdered was only caring about his well being during her last seconds alive. What a disgusting excuse for a human being.:mad:

IMO IF he really found God it’s only because he’s trying to save himself from a burning afterlife. Which once again fulfills his own narcissistic and self serving desires.

He pleaded guilty so as to spare everyone the stress of a trial?

*snort* He's as much of a good guy as Chucky.

He wanted to plead guilty because he knew they had so much on him that the jurors would all probably take naps in the chamber because there wouldn't have been anything to vote on or discuss.

I think it’s highly possible that Shanann didn’t even know what was happening moo.

I don’t care how big and strong he was, I believe she would have fought back.

I also think it may explain why he can’t recall her making any kind of struggle. Sometimes there is truth in the things we don’t say.

Moo

I think it’s highly possible that Shanann didn’t even know what was happening moo.

I don’t care how big and strong he was, I believe she would have fought back.

I also think it may explain why he can’t recall her making any kind of struggle. Sometimes there truth in the things we don’t say.

Moo

If strangling was part of their regular sex routine, maybe she thought it was just that? And then passed out and could not fight back....

??

I find the sitting on top of her very odd. Who has a conversation like that?!

Yeah, right. A pregnant woman whose marriage is crumbling on top of her (literally) is not saying a prayer of forgiveness in that moment. She has one thought on her mind, and that is of her baby. A pregnant mom (who just told him he was hurting the baby!) doesn't passively allow harm to her unborn baby. No. I don't believe it for one second. Her mind was completely on protecting her baby, imo.

jmo
Replying to my own post. The fact she didn't fight back (which I think, by instinct, a pregnant mom would do without question) still leads me to think he was far more sneaky and passive than strangling her after straddling her for 25-30 minutes. I don't think she saw what was coming. Otherwise, I think she would've fought.

jmo, fwiw.

What Chris Watts told investigators about his murders of his family
[...]
CREATING AN ALIBI
After murdering his family and disposing of their bodies, Watts told investigators that he went back to his home and tried to make it look as if Shanann had taken their children and left him. According to Watts, he took Shanann's wedding ring and left it on a counter so it would appear as if she wanted to divorce him. He also said he tossed a book on therapy in the garbage to make it seem like Shanann thought their marriage couldn't be saved, the documents state.

WHY WATTS PLEADED GUILTY
After doing interviews with the media begging for his wife and daughters safe return, Watts told investigators that he confessed and pled guilty so things would not drag out in court for years.

"I didn't want my attorneys to lie for me for two to four years ... They would've done anything I told them to do," he said. A few weeks after his arrest, Watts said he confessed to his attorneys that he killed his family. Watts told investigators he doesn't regret taking a plea deal, but had not thought he would be in prison for the rest of his life.

HIS MISTRESS KNEW HE WAS MARRIED
According to Watts, Nichol Kessinger knew he was married with children — something Kessinger denied. Watts told investigators that in June 2018, shortly after they met, he showed Kessinger a cellphone picture of Bella and Celeste, and Kessinger also saw a photo of Shanann on the lock screen of his phone. Watts said Kessinger denied knowing he was married to try and "save face."

Watts also told investigators that although Kessinger would get "pissed" when he would leave her to go back home, she never asked him to do anything to harm his family.

What Chris Watts told investigators about his murders of his family
[...]
CREATING AN ALIBI
After murdering his family and disposing of their bodies, Watts told investigators that he went back to his home and tried to make it look as if Shanann had taken their children and left him. According to Watts, he took Shanann's wedding ring and left it on a counter so it would appear as if she wanted to divorce him. He also said he tossed a book on therapy in the garbage to make it seem like Shanann thought their marriage couldn't be saved, the documents state.

WHY WATTS PLEADED GUILTY
After doing interviews with the media begging for his wife and daughters safe return, Watts told investigators that he confessed and pled guilty so things would not drag out in court for years.

"I didn't want my attorneys to lie for me for two to four years ... They would've done anything I told them to do," he said. A few weeks after his arrest, Watts said he confessed to his attorneys that he killed his family. Watts told investigators he doesn't regret taking a plea deal, but had not thought he would be in prison for the rest of his life.

HIS MISTRESS KNEW HE WAS MARRIED
According to Watts, Nichol Kessinger knew he was married with children — something Kessinger denied. Watts told investigators that in June 2018, shortly after they met, he showed Kessinger a cellphone picture of Bella and Celeste, and Kessinger also saw a photo of Shanann on the lock screen of his phone. Watts said Kessinger denied knowing he was married to try and "save face."

Watts also told investigators that although Kessinger would get "pissed" when he would leave her to go back home, she never asked him to do anything to harm his family.

How would did it not compute that he’d be in prison the rest of his life? Surely that was main concern, hence the cover up...I don’t get this.

—-

Wait is he saying he thought he’d get some kind of reduced sentence?

My brain is just mush right now.

He seems to be very sadistic. JMO, he confessed to these crimes not because he wanted to get it off his conscience, but because he gets his kicks in reliving the murders and psychological torture. Many sexual psychopaths like to do this. It's a special kind of twisted to get that from murdering your wife and small children. JMO

Recall Ted Bundy serving as his own attorney at his trial, questioning one of his victims on the stand, making her go into great detail about what he did to her and the other girls? The jurors were looking at Bundy in horror. I think that was the time that one of Bundy's attorneys got up and walked out.

I disagree with this as there's stress in his voice, at last in the first half of the interview, when he talks about the actual murders.

Hard to type when trying to listen at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member