GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy - but CW said it was odd SW was sleeping on her stomach when he went to wake her up. Later, he says when Bella came in that SW was face down on the bed. I could be totally off base, but I think he never woke her up and strangled her into the bed - pushing her face down causing the make up marks. I think he planned on then murdering the girls in their sleep but Bella was up. Pressed for time and not yet ready to do it with them conscious, I believe he took them alive to the site, which is why he covered each with the blanket and put his hand over their face - so he wouldn't have to see them dying. I don't believe he saw any of them in the face when they died and it was fully pre-planned. MOO.

Yes, and IIRC, her autopsy had bruising on only one side of her neck and her hyoid bone was not fractured which would also make sense with your scenario.

What Chris Watts told investigators about his murders of his family
[...]
CREATING AN ALIBI
After murdering his family and disposing of their bodies, Watts told investigators that he went back to his home and tried to make it look as if Shanann had taken their children and left him. According to Watts, he took Shanann's wedding ring and left it on a counter so it would appear as if she wanted to divorce him. He also said he tossed a book on therapy in the garbage to make it seem like Shanann thought their marriage couldn't be saved, the documents state.

WHY WATTS PLEADED GUILTY
After doing interviews with the media begging for his wife and daughters safe return, Watts told investigators that he confessed and pled guilty so things would not drag out in court for years.

"I didn't want my attorneys to lie for me for two to four years ... They would've done anything I told them to do," he said. A few weeks after his arrest, Watts said he confessed to his attorneys that he killed his family. Watts told investigators he doesn't regret taking a plea deal, but had not thought he would be in prison for the rest of his life.

HIS MISTRESS KNEW HE WAS MARRIED
According to Watts, Nichol Kessinger knew he was married with children — something Kessinger denied. Watts told investigators that in June 2018, shortly after they met, he showed Kessinger a cellphone picture of Bella and Celeste, and Kessinger also saw a photo of Shanann on the lock screen of his phone. Watts said Kessinger denied knowing he was married to try and "save face."

Watts also told investigators that although Kessinger would get "pissed" when he would leave her to go back home, she never asked him to do anything to harm his family.

"I didn't want my attorneys to lie for me for two to four years ... They would've done anything I told them to do," he said. A few weeks after his arrest, Watts said he confessed to his attorneys that he killed his family. Watts told investigators he doesn't regret taking a plea deal, but had not thought he would be in prison for the rest of his life.

Wait a minute...Is he saying that his attorneys would have lied for him? Because I am pretty sure that is illegal and can get one disbarred.

Been listening to livestream. If we are to believe this version is the whole truth then you have to accept that he is again throwing Shanaan under the bus by making sure we know she was controlling to the point that he broke. He doesn’t even sound like he did this for NK. Even the investigators sounded sympathetic.

He sounds like a weak human being who held all his resentment and anger inside and then slowly premeditated living without her, and the kids had to go too. He was cold in describing killing the girls.

I also found the investigators to be leading him and feeling sorry for him. That is uncalled for. After all, he already plead guilty.

I do think the patches he wore contributed somehow and those products should be investigated and controlled. He did not blame those products, nor am I. But he did say when he wore them his heart raced and he felt he could go all day and keep going.

I cannot see how this could give Shanaan’s family closure or make them feel any better. The heartbreak will continue and the Watts will still blame Shanaan.

I am not sure we will ever know the truth or the why. It is just pure evil taking control of a human being. He is where he should be.

They 100% do NOT feel sorry for him. They're just very, very good at their jobs.

I guarantee they're disgusted by him and view him as a bizarre and disgusting creature that is necessary to analyze.

Christopher Watts admits to murders of daughters in CBI interview
Christopher Watts told agents he strangled Shanann while the two were in bed after she found out about his affair with a coworker and said she would leave with their children.

He told the agents he put both of his hands around her neck and strangled her, but said she never really fought back.

He then told agents Bella walked in to the bedroom and asked what was wrong with her mother. Watts said Bella saw him drag her body down the stairs, which also woke up Celeste.

Watts told agents he loaded Shanann's body, wrapped in a sheet, into the backseat floor of his pickup, then had his daughters get in the backseat before driving them out to an oil site.

He told agents once he arrived at the site, he unloaded Shanann's body on the ground as his daughters asked, "What are you doing to mommy?"

Watts told the agents he used a blanket to smother Celeste first as Bella sat right next to her. He told agents Bella asked, "Is the same thing gonna happen to me as Cece?"

He then said he used the same blanket to smother Bella, with her last words being "Daddy, no!"

Watts told agents he then buried Shanann's body and dumped his daughters into separate oil tanks. All three were later reported missing by a family friend.

Christopher Watts denied any involvement initially, but eventually told police that he killed his wife after she killed the couple's daughters.

In the prison interview, Watts said the idea of blaming the girls' deaths on Shanann came during an interrogation and he "just went with it."

"I never thought about that story... and, you know, that's what my attorneys were going with."

You know, I don’t know whether to believe this account he gave or not. He added such detail, it makes it hard to dismiss. I can’t let myself trust a liar’s words completely. If ever there was a doubt to ANYONE if he’s a human psychologically, the detail here should prove that to be false. (I know we on WS have NEVER doubted that he’s an evil “pod person”, but I’m just making that point.) I’ve barely scratched the surface of these new docs. Just throwing my .02¢ in. jmo

Wait a minute...Is he saying that his attorneys would have lied for him? Because I am pretty sure that is illegal and can get one disbarred.
Yep. I wonder whether he knew that or not and if the public defender's will have something to say about it? I know their policy is that they don't talk about cases...

MOO

Chris Watts gives gruesome details about how he murdered his wife and 2 daughters in a newly released interview with investigators

[...]

While his guilty plea assumes guilt for all three murders, he had previously said that he only killed Shanann after she smothered their daughters.

He finally assumed responsibility for all three murders in an interview with investigators last month, from the federal prison where he's serving his three consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole. INSIDER obtained transcripts and audio of the interview from the Colorado Bureau of Investigations on Thursday.

In the new interview, Watts gave a distressing blow-by-blow of the morning of the murders, and said he regrets the decision every day.

[...]

Watts said there's a part of him that feels like the idea of killing his wife was "implanted" in his mind and he "had no control over it."

During the trial, when a prosecutor said that it takes two to four minutes to strangle someone, Watts said he wondered, "Why couldn't I just let go?"

[...]

He said he then wrapped Shanann's body face down in a bed sheet and dragged her down the stairs to put in his truck.

[...]

When he came back inside the house, Celeste was waking up in her bedroom, so he took both girls and put them in the back of the truck on the bench seat. He said each brought a blanket, and Celeste brought a stuffed animal.

At that point, he said it felt like someone else had control over him.

He said he put a gas can into the back of the truck because he felt like he could kill himself at the oil site where he worked and planned to dispose of Shanann's body. Ultimately, he told investigators he decided not to go through with that plan because he feared he could hurt more people if something caught fire at the site and exploded.

[...]

(Whaaaaat?? We were wondering if anyone from the Berreth case was getting one of Agent Tammy’s back rubs! Not only that, but wow that CW brought up Jayme :eek: , I’m scared to hear wth he has to say about that!)

(I think he knows about Jayme's case because he is in a Wisconsin prison. CW and JTP could be future cellmates! :eek:
MOO)

I'm at the part where he is saying he thought about doing himself in, but didn't want to hurt anyone else who was in the area of the oil tank site.

There weren't ANY people in that area, were there? It's in the middle of absolutely nowhere. Anyway, it's amazing how fast he recovered from the notion of doing himself in, JMO.

He really, really wants people to think there is something human inside of him and he wants pity. He's absolutely pathetic. All JMO.

YES, their job is to be actors and chess players. You have to see through what they say to what their motives are. They know the way to get CW to talk is to agree with him and put ideas out there and see where he goes with it.

They actually STUDY how to do this and they're so good they have people here convinced that they're actually sympathetic to this creature.

I think his confession might have something to do with the DA saying he will never tell the truth. Perhaps he thinks offering a confession (riddled with lies throughout) makes him somehow "different" or "better" than other family annihilators. In a twisted way, he sees confessing and reading the Bible as his chance to be a "good boy again".

His "devil made me do it" confession is maddening and still cowardly but at SW's parents can get some relief from SW's reputation being salvaged.

Per the interview CW never believed SW plane was delayed.

He assume that SW and NA were somewhere talking .

The agent tells him no her flight was in fact delayed and CW says oh.

Could he have been thinking that she was Talking to NA about him and his CC charges or of a possible affair in general?

Could he have been laying in wait?

Just musing and found it an interesting little tidbit....MOO

Last edited:
Chris Watts Has Photos of Slain Wife and 2 Daughters in Prison Cell: 'Talks to Them' Every Day
Family murderer Chris Watts speaks every day to photos he keeps in his prison cell of his slain pregnant wife and two daughters, according to his February confession from inside a Wisconsin prison.

Watts, 33, also told investigators from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation he reads a book to his daughters every night, and also reads the Bible.

[...]

Watts, who claims he did not plan the murders, told authorities “every time he sees pictures of Bella and Celeste, he doesn’t understand how it all could have happened,” according to a CBI report obtained by PEOPLE.

[...]

Watts also opened up about what he claims are his newfound religious beliefs, and what his life has been like behind bars.

While incarcerated in Colorado before being transferred to Wisconsin, Watts said he was taunted by the other inmates, who “would yell at him at night and would explain to him all the ways he could kill himself in his cell by drowning himself in the toilet or hanging himself.” He said “he didn’t kill himself because he felt like he may have a different purpose.”

He said he prayed to be transferred to a different facility, and when he was, it “felt like God moved him to [the prison] for a reason.”

Watts told police he “tries to keep a ‘low profile’ in the prison.”

I think it's harder to tell what he meant without the full context being present. But doesn't he mean that if he hadn't told his attorneys the truth and instead decided to go to trial that if they'd presented him as innocent in killing the children that they would have effectively been lying for him? They wouldn't have known they were lying, they would have been doing their job as defenders, but he would have known they were presenting a lie to the court and jury.

Per the interview CW never believed SW plane was delayed.

He assume that SW and NA were somewhere talking .

The agent tells him no her flight was in fact delayed and CW says oh.

Could he have been thinking that she was Talking to NA about CW and his CC charges?

Could he have been laying in wait?

Just musing and found it an interesting little tidbit....MOO[/QUOTE
I agree, an interesting tidbit, why question it in the first place? And why not get online or call the airport to verify?

They actually STUDY how to do this and they're so good they have people here convinced that they're actually sympathetic to this creature.
YES, and it is clear they are trained to always leave it on a light, good note. Hence the very friendly chit chat even at the end. They don't love talking to this man. They need to always make sure to leave things on good terms in case they ever need to go back to get more information for profiling, further information, etc. It is all an act, people. And that is also why I believe that they are likely not permitted until they have left their career to write books or give interviews. They need to maintain their credibility with people like him to do their jobs. MOO

CW says like...like you know like... alot when referring to SW supposedly telling him that she couldn't live by herself in Colorado and would be taking the girls out of state..

I believe CW is not being truthful here MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members