Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally.

I don't think he set out to murder, I think he set out to sexually assault and the rest was done in a panic.
I agree completely...100%! I think that we have have established (if he is guilty of the things he has been charged with) that he gives into impulse, probably not thinking about the consequences when he "acts." I truly believe that his intention was not to end someone's life...but if he acted and things went horribly wrong (screams, running, etc.), I can absolutely believe that he felt he had no choice but to silence her.

And, this might be a bit controversial, but I think that LE generally has it right when they have someone in custody...they just might not be able to prove it conclusively. Again, I know there are cases of false or forced accusations and horrible mistakes, but in general, especially with all of the technology and resources at their disposal, they're pretty on target. On the other hand, if he is innocent, I fear he could never get a fair trial at this point.

Been mulling a theory. He approaches the bench, befriends a peed off, upset and freezing young lady. Offers her a lift/sit in car/help getting into house. He opens the car, helps her with a blanket, which explains the slight pause/shuffle before she gets in. Drives down Beresford , bypasses her house, parks up, exposes himself. LS runs out of car into park and after a time of running finds the bench to sit onto catch her breath, to wait to see if the coast is clear. Is spotted by someone, gets spooked and runs off again.
To me, the time line of him being seen driving down Beresford and almost straight away back up Wellesley onto the main road fits.
Whether he then returns to the park or LS becomes disorientated and loses her footing is anyone's guess. Feel free.

This is kind of along the lines that I said all along. I don't think he was up to good but I don't think he necessarily committed murder (or at least did not plan to commit murder). I think things didn't pan out like he hoped they would and poor Libby ran into the water by accident at some point and now all his nefarious past has come to the entire world's attention - he never thought this would happen, IMO.

I agree completely...100%! I think that we have have established (if he is guilty of the things he has been charged with) that he gives into impulse, probably not thinking about the consequences when he "acts." I truly believe that his intention was not to end someone's life...but if he acted and things went horribly wrong (screams, running, etc.), I can absolutely believe that he felt he had no choice but to silence her.

And, this might be a bit controversial, but I think that LE generally has it right when they have someone in custody...they just might not be able to prove it conclusively. Again, I know there are cases of false or forced accusations and horrible mistakes, but in general, especially with all of the technology and resources at their disposal, they're pretty on target. On the other hand, if he is innocent, I fear he could never get a fair trial at this point.

I have full faith in LE (not sure if that makes me naive) so agree with you.

This is kind of along the lines that I said all along. I don't think he was up to good but I don't think he necessarily committed murder (or at least did not plan to commit murder). I think things didn't pan out like he hoped they would and poor Libby ran into the water by accident at some point and now all his nefarious past has come to the entire world's attention - he never thought this would happen, IMO.
I really don't think it was kindness, only fake kindness to get her in the car.
Yes, things may have happened not planned. He would of course have expected her to be frightened and react if he did expose himself, that would be a reaction he would have been looking for. What happened next is impossible to imagine without any more info. Someone mentioned it was highly unlikely she left the frying pan to go into a fire, but stranger things have happened. There are plenty of weirdos around.

I'm having a really hard time imagining someone accidentally running into the river, but I do agree that things may not have gone entirely to plan. Realistically, how many ways are there to effectively subdue someone in the kind of scenario we are talking about? Now, how many of those methods could potentially result in death, or at least unconsciousness (the two perhaps not being immediately distinguishable in the heat of the moment), if applied for too long?

Last edited:
Totally.

I don't think he set out to murder, I think he set out to sexually assault and the rest was done in a panic.

I agree but my thinking is lack of violence in his charges, granted I haven’t heard the trial yet and I could well change my mind.

I've been looking at previous court cases and sentencing for similar crimes.
First offences for voyerisum and outraging public decency seem to get suspended sentences. I've only seen immediate custodial sentences for repeat offenders or those who've committed alongside other offences.
I'm now looking at burglary and handling stolen goods.
If any one is bored...... You do have to register but it's free.
Handling stolen goods Theft Act 1968

I agree but my thinking is lack of violence in his charges, granted I haven’t heard the trial yet and I could well change my mind.

Yeh I know but suppose there is a first time for everything.

Your right though a trial will be very telling.

Bit off topic but the car spotted on prinny ave cctv at 0019 on morning of libbys dissapearance, does anyone know if that was rejected as being linked to PR or not?

Think it was discounted as it wasn't even the same model car as his.

Got the impression The Sun jumped the gun a bit with that one.

Yeh I know but suppose there is a first time for everything.

Your right though a trial will be very telling.

If the hammer, screwdriver & lip gloss are part of the invesigation (I know the police said ‘at this point’ in the investigation they weren’t) but if they are now then obviously that’s different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RickyStebbins78