GUILTY TX - Andreen McDonald, 29, found deceased, Bexar County, 1 Mar 2019 *husband arrested*

I concur, incredible amount of information released so far and good reporting in that KSAT article linked again by @cvaldez1975 IMO. That poor little girl, and all those who knew and loved Andreen... they are who my heart breaks for now.

Here are a few tidbits from that article:

Andre McDonald arrived at the house as the group scoured the home for clues and told them that his wife was being treated at Baptist Emergency Hospital, the affidavit states. But when authorities followed up on his story, hospital officials said they did not have a patient by that name, court documents detailed.
. . .
When confronted by law enforcement about the discrepancy, McDonald said he didn't know where his wife was and that they had gotten into an argument Thursday night, according to an affidavit.

Deputies detained McDonald for questioning, but he declined to speak with investigators and requested an attorney.

On Saturday afternoon, an investigator noticed that the McDonalds' garage door had been ripped off its tracks, court documents state. The same investigator covertly followed McDonald to a gun shop, where McDonald purchased a firearm and a significant amount of ammunition, according to arrest paperwork and accounts from Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar.
. . .
While McDonald was at the gun shop, other deputies arrived at the home and saw a shovel in Andreen McDonald's Porsche Macan, something that wasn't there during a previous search of the home, the affidavit states. Salazar alluded to this new evidence during a Saturday night news conference and said then that authorities obtained an additional search warrant for the home based on the observation of evidence that was "in plain sight."
. . .
Authorities also found a fire pit that wasn't there during previous searches. Court documents note that it appeared the fire pit had been recently used to destroy papers and other items. Additionally, as investigators searched trash cans at the home, they found "heavy coveralls" that appeared to have been worn and a claw hammer with "woody plant debris," the affidavit states.
I wonder if he has the RING app and was aware deputies were at his home while he was purchasing the gun

Going to Camp Bullis to dispose of evidence/corpse makes absolutely no sense (Of course, no murder ever does). He would know it is all recorded. My bet is he went to Camp Bullis to meet someone. TDY airman working at the base, maybe a gay lover. I believe that TDY security forces in training work out at Camp Bullis.
All of Camp Bullis isn’t under camera watch though. Going in and out of the gates, yes. Lots of cameras overall, but everywhere? Not even close. Using some of the VAST acres of wooded area to dispose of her makes some sense to me. There’s zero risk of a random civilian coming across her body because civilians don’t have access.

My somewhat educated guess is he didn’t enter the gates of Camp Bullis. I suspect for several reasons that he pulled off into the brush/woods from the outer edges and dumped her either just outside or just over the fence. I think his vehicle was visible to those driving past Camp Bullis.

I’m much more hopeful they will find her now. Praying for closure for this family.

All of Camp Bullis isn’t under camera watch though. Going in and out of the gates, yes. Lots of cameras overall, but everywhere? Not even close. Using some of the VAST acres of wooded area to dispose of her makes some sense to me. There’s zero risk of a random civilian coming across her body because civilians don’t have access.

My somewhat educated guess is he didn’t enter the gates of Camp Bullis. I suspect for several reasons that he pulled off into the brush/woods from the outer edges and dumped her either just outside or just over the fence. I think his vehicle was visible to those driving past Camp Bullis.

I’m much more hopeful they will find her now. Praying for closure for this family.
Understand. So you think he didn't actually enter the base, but instead dumped body near the outskirts? I'm told that has actually happened once before. I think at the park across the street.

I was assuming - maybe incorrectly - that he entered the base gate and that they have that documented. In my opinion, a person under stress wouldn't do that and especially not him. However, I'm wrong more than I am right.

Andreen McDonald's husband could face murder charge despite lack of body

Even if Andreen McDonald's body is never found, Reamey said Andre McDonald could still end up being charged with murder. Reamey admits not having a body poses legal challenges.

"First, you have to convince the jury that a person was actually killed. Then, you have to persuade the jury that the killing was unlawful," Reamey said.

Can you prove murder without a body?

As the search continues for Andreen McDonald, missing for more than a week and presumed dead by law enforcement, some are already wondering: If the 29-year-old’s body is never found, can her assailant still be prosecuted?

Yes, but.

“It would present a challenge to go forward without a body, but it wouldn’t be impossible,” District Attorney Joe Gonzales said Friday. “The state is permitted to build a case on circumstantial, as opposed to direct evidence. And the state is still required to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt.”

A former first assistant district attorney who oversaw one of the most notorious missing-body murders in San Antonio’s history said this: “You can do it, but it’s damned difficult.”

[...]

Oh man I’m so fired up just THINKING he could get away with this without finding her body... I don’t think that’s going to happen in this case but wow... I’m upset at the notion
Forensics has made such strides that you do not need a body in every case! Imoo

Sheriff’s office deputies continue search for missing San Antonio woman

[...]

The Sheriff’s Office said it had received information that Andre McDonald had been on the largely wilderness Camp Bullis or in its vicinity, where he has no official business, before the investigation began.

More than 350 civilian volunteers took part in search for Andreen McDonald on Friday.

Also helping in the various searches since Thursday were Air Force personnel from the 502nd Security Forces, Texas Search and Rescue, the Bexar County Office of Emergency Management and the Sheriff’s Office.

I'm glad to see that the daughter has said something about her Mom being missing/hurt. I was not understanding her being referred to as autistic and non verbal. I see no indication of either from social media. So if she is on the spectrum or delayed she's certainly not that severely affected.

Also, she turns 8 years old in less than a month. *sigh*

Andreen McDonald (@dreeniemac) • Instagram photos and videos

Goes back 5, almost 6 years.

Wow, looked at her instagram. What a put together beautiful woman. Her poor baby right now:( I hope there is closure for the family, seeing her father with her in those pics I can't imagine what that man is feeling right now. How horrible.

Missing San Antonio woman honored at vigil

“I have faith that we will find her and that justice will be served,” said Joseph Spencer, a friend of Andreen’s, who met her through the senior care industry. He and about 50 others, including members of her family, attended the vigil.

“Today we’re here to celebrate a beautiful and strong life, a vibrant life,” said the Rev. Katrina Ornelas, who led the service. “She was a light and a beacon of strength and courage, and she illuminated the room whenever she walked into it. She was a light of Christ in so many ways.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back