Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #11 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined this thread after discussions about the bench but it is interesting that it suddenly became of interest.

Is there any way that that bench and the oak road footage of 4 potential witnesses could be linked? They were asked to come forward after the bench was searched.

Bearing in mind it was a bitterly cold night and very late, soit's likely the park was quiet, could the people have heard or noticed anything from that bench from where they were picked up?

Where would he have parked to get to that bench. How far would he have to have transported Libby who might well have been terrified and struggling by this point.

The bench is likely too far away from Oak Road CCTV for 'the four' to see or hear anything at the point they were being filmed. If you're thinking of 'running man' in particular, sounds could carry in the open at that time of night, but there's also a constant 'whirring' sound from all of the industry in the area.

As for access, I suspect that the bench is just beyond the park's main car park - which is locked up at night. There is foot access to the right, here:
Google Maps

@Joelle88 tells me there is also access to the left of the car park.

I may go for a walk around some of the sites of interest over the next few days. I know @Strontium69 made some very good videos, but I'm happy to take requests such as photos or observations.

The bench is likely too far away from Oak Road CCTV for 'the four' to see or hear anything at the point they were being filmed. If you're thinking of 'running man' in particular, sounds could carry in the open at that time of night, but there's also a constant 'whirring' sound from all of the industry in the area.

As for access, I suspect that the bench is just beyond the park's main car park - which is locked up at night. There is foot access to the right, here:
Google Maps

I may go for a walk around some of the sites of interest over the next few days. I know @Strontium69 made some very good videos, but I'm happy to take requests such as photos or observations.
Interested in a bit more pictoral and map detail that you and another poster mentioned about the track/path that is to the left of the park carpark V, (the one you posted a jpeg of in response to my bad croda/oak rd cutthrough jpeg a while back?)

Google Maps

Looking at that photo and imagining it dark and cold I can't help thinking how terrified she must have been. Poor, poor kid

The parking @Joelle88 mentioned in realation to the bench.

Would that parking require good local knowledge?

Can do.

I'll walk the full length of Oak Road and try to give various point-to-point times taken, too.
Great cheers. Do you know where I mean V? The dirt track .

Attachments

• 145621-cf3ca11470248404033d9980f4c26966.jpg
    145621-cf3ca11470248404033d9980f4c26966.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 36
The cynic in me says that whilst locals feel Hull is on high alert that there will be a lot of reports to the police/council/whoever.
Things that would never normally be reported.
Similarly, MSM will possibly report things reported that they wouldn’t have before.
It’s current, it’s on topic, etc etc
She didn't report it though, according to the article:

'In a short statement, spokeswoman for Hull City Council confirmed that they were unaware of the incident and have encouraged Miss Jones to speak to them.
The statement read: “We currently have no record of this alleged incident. We would encourage those involved to contact us at the earliest opportunity”.'

Instead she went to the media and even gave them photographs of herself and friends. Sounds like attention-seeking to me. There were five of them and she was the first to get out, so no real reason to be scared. The driver was obviously having a bad day and they were probably dithering about getting into the cab.

Last edited:
She didn't report it though, according to the article:

'In a short statement, spokeswoman for Hull City Council confirmed that they were unaware of the incident and have encouraged Miss Jones to speak to them.
The statement read: “We currently have no record of this alleged incident. We would encourage those involved to contact us at the earliest opportunity”.'

Instead she went to the media and even gave them a photograph of herself and friends. Sounds like attention-seeking to me. There were five of them and she was the first to get out, so no real reason to be scared. The driver was obviously having a bad day and they were probably dithering about getting into the cab.

Yes it absolutely does sound like attention seeking.

Not all gardens have been searched. A colleague backs onto the park and said only the far ends gardens were searched. The ones in the middle have still not been visited by police.

I can believe it. That said, I felt that the likelihood of anything turning up that far away was pretty small. Maybe LE felt the same.

Joined this thread after discussions about the bench but it is interesting that it suddenly became of interest.

Is there any way that that bench and the oak road footage of 4 potential witnesses could be linked? They were asked to come forward after the bench was searched.

Bearing in mind it was a bitterly cold night and very late, so it's likely the park was relatively quiet, could the people have heard or noticed anything from that bench from where they were picked up?

Where would he have parked to get to that bench?. How far would he have to have transported Libby who might well have been terrified and struggling by this point.
I am still not ruling out that PR and LS was the last two people on the cctv at Oak rd at 2.34. Until the police confirm this. The way they was coming they could've been near the football pitches this is were the last police searches was done at Riversdale rd in the gardens of them houses and asking residents have the scene any clothing.

The two people seen at 2.34 Oak rd. Could it be PR and LS. Whats the chances the two cctv we have all seen the man at Haworth and the man at 2.34 Oak rd have very similar clothing especially the bottom half shorts or three quarter lengths in winter. ?

Attachments

• gcDjpzk6.jpeg
    gcDjpzk6.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics