Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
The brown thingy must make it easier to work on the bridge. imo.

Are you talking about the brown fanny pack the guy in the orange hat is wearing on his waist? That’s what I was talking about. Reminds me of the one BG is wearing in Libby’s pics.

That’s exactly what I was talking about.

ETA: That guy is wearing it on his right hip.
BG wore something similar on his right hip.

Do you think it is a belt loop camera case? It would not surprise me if BG has took photos of the girls to relive the attack when he wanted. I’m not suggesting in any way this man is him.

Do you think it is a belt loop camera case? It would not surprise me if BG has took photos of the girls to relive the attack when he wanted. I’m not suggesting in any way this man is him.

Actually I don’t think it is when comparing the size of his camera to the case. I could be totally wrong though. His camera looks to be a 35mm with a large lens. The body of the camera also looks wider than the pouch on his hip. Here’s a cropped version. I didn’t do anything to the photo except crop it.

Like you, I’m in no way insinuating he is BG. <modsnip>

Attachments

• D88A940A-F85E-4EE9-819B-46005B456A66.jpeg
    D88A940A-F85E-4EE9-819B-46005B456A66.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
The brown thingy must make it easier to work on the bridge. imo.
That pouch on his waist I have seen guys working pipeline construction, gas company etc a lot of field workers using things like this for various reasons. One would have been carrying zip ties and other supplies for installing safety fencing around potholes, some would be carrying gps mapping devices, others carrying some sort of multi tool like a gerber etc.

This article also leads me to ponder, if Indiana Landmarks added this bridge to their top 10 list in 2016, would they have had employees, surveyors etc out before this article in April at anytime already checking bridge structure for soundness and repairs that needed implemented?

Just to post the actual attachment from my post #211 since it originated here on WS

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #88

v2ccgzl-gif.110627

He looks as comfortable walking on a bridge as I remember I was many years ago. There were originally 3 pictures but I think FBI eventually narrowed it down to just 1

That pouch on his waist I have seen guys working pipeline construction, gas company etc a lot of field workers using things like this for various reasons. One would have been carrying zip ties and other supplies for installing safety fencing around potholes, some would be carrying gps mapping devices, others carrying some sort of multi tool like a gerber etc.

Bumping this post up. I'm really not sure if it's a pouch or just his shirttail. One of these pics looks like a pouch, one like a shirttail.

I sent rtv6 a message asking who the men are and recieved a reply.

Attachments

• 14959AA7-73B5-4663-9B3F-69CB5A0A86B8.png
    14959AA7-73B5-4663-9B3F-69CB5A0A86B8.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 146
CSX owned the Monon High Bridge and the Bridge had been put on the “Endangerment” list back in 2016 by Indiana Landmarks. However they had been trying to acquire the property since 2012. Once repaired the landmark will be transferred to Deer Creek Township.

Now this is just a theory so please be kind.

How far would someone go to obtain such property? If someone was murdered there (and they were) it would bring attention to the bridge and maybe save the bridge.

After the murders it was fast tracked and the council got their wish.

Indiana Landmarks Announces Rescue of Monon High Bridge - Indiana Landmarks

All of this makes me wonder about Tobe’s comment that he knows that voice. Maybe he has dealt with BG before but it was a long time ago so can’t quite place him. OR he knows who it is and trying to spook him.

Please don’t flog me, I’m just thinking out loud and maybe I shouldn’t. lol.

Yeah, most workers who use small tools on the job have a belt case similar to this. Electricians will usually have one with loops for pliers and screwdrivers, carpenters will carry one or more tape measures or a folding ruler, ranchers I used to know had bigger ones with wire cutters and a hammer for fence repair, lunch, and maybe a small handgun for rattlesnakes and other varmits. Et cetera. They're more convenient than backpacks because you don't have to take them off to get at your stuff.

ITA JDM doesn't seem to have sufficient agility to have been walking that bridge. However, he was not incarcerated when Abby and Libby were murdered. He is currently under arrest, and awaiting conviction, for the 1988 murder and the 2004 notes. But, we've always wondered whether there was more than 1 person involved and perhaps he had assistance. Indiana man arrested in 1988 rape, murder of 8-year-old girl after DNA match found on used condoms, cops say The wording of the Parabon NanoLabs DNA statement has caught my attention: "Investigators finally got a break in the cold case in May 2018. A detective arranged for DNA testing and analysis on evidence at Parabon NanoLabs and, in July, the DNA sample narrowed down possible suspects to Miller and his brother."
It seems like an unusual way of releasing the results. JMHO

Are you suggesting that the brother could have also been involved? Investigators in the Tinsley case made it clear that he was cooperative and not a suspect. If you haven't already, you should listen to the episode devoted to the April Tinsley case on the podcast Crime Junkie. It is a very long interview with the lead investigator in that case and, relevant to Abby and Libby's murders, he discusses exactly how familial genealogy was used in the Tinsley case. He goes into exactly how DNA samples for Parabon testing differ from ones that are used to find matches in CODIS, the long, long process of finding a familial match, and the legalities of it specific to Indiana law. It was very informative in light of what we know (and suspect) about the DNA/lack thereof in the Delphi murders.

Can you imagine if they got a hit based on a familial match, but the sample they had wasn't a good one and all they could tell was that it was "one of the brothers" or father/son, cousins, it whatever.... I'm not saying this is the case, but.....could it hypothetically happen even if it wasn't identical twins?

Can you imagine if they got a hit based on a familial match, but the sample they had wasn't a good one and all they could tell was that it was "one of the brothers" or father/son, cousins, it whatever.... I'm not saying this is the case, but.....could it hypothetically happen even if it wasn't identical twins?

I think if that were the case, they would be able to verify whereabouts on the day of the murder and combine with other circumstantial evidence....MOO

I think the scenario you describe is maybe more likely to occur with "standard" genetic testing, which involves analysis of genetic short tandem repeats (STRs). Familial genetic testing, which uses a different system of comparison (single nucleotide polymorphisms, or SNPs), is more likely to be able to distinguish between even closely related individuals, from what I understand. Even the DNA of identical twins can be discerned from SNPs, I believe. If I'm wrong maybe someone can chime in. Here's a blog post that explains this somewhat....https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...WMAV6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw0fR3EmhMHpXay0XnZ9KMeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa