CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Unlucky, for sure.

Sure......

Crashing fraudulent checks, back dating checks to the day the family were murdered. Pretending to be the deceased on the phone to cover what he had been doing ( I’m sure Joey running a business told him to lie and pretend to be him , the same way he told him to forge his signature).

He sure is innocent isn’t he :rolleyes:

Sure......

Crashing fraudulent checks, back dating checks to the day the family were murdered. Pretending to be the deceased on the phone to cover what he had been doing ( I’m sure Joey running a business told him to lie and pretend to be him , the same way he told him to forge his signature).

He sure is innocent isn’t he :rolleyes:

You are putting your own spin on this. Where is the PROOF that the checks were cashed without Joey's permission? That the checks were backdated in order to commit fraud, as opposed to expediency when drafting them? There was no recording of the call to QBs so we don't actually know for certain what Chase said to the rep.

Ita! Imo, she was all over the place, and I thought she was purposefully evasive when she thought it behooved the defense case.

I truly doubt the jury is going to buy this bull about this particular call anyway.

How convenient that other calls linked to his phone just fine including showing his whereabouts, and timelines, and the numerous calls CJ made to him.

If they were all so consumed by the one call that came in supposedly by an alive Joey (NOT imo) then why didnt CJ tell CM if he wasnt going to return Joey's call, then she would do the right thing, and call him herself? Especially since she knew they got their bread buttered from Joey? It wasnt like she didnt know Joey well...she did.

Why, out of all calls, this particular most important call of the day doesn't go through? Yet he is calling CJ back just a short time later after Joey's call?

Did that call to Jarvis show he was at his home or the clubhouse? And why would he have to call her back if they were supposedly all together watching a movie, and having an ongoing argument about not calling Joey back.

If it was such a big deal that it caused an ongoing argument for days did he ever call Joey back shortly after refusing to do so? That would have ended this weird ongoing argument right then.

Why give a foolish argument legs over one unanswered phone call when all he had to do is tell CJ 'okay you win, and I'm calling him right back now.' Did he do that?

If he called back right a few minutes later, he knew Joey would answer since Joey was the one trying to contact CM.

So did he call joey back anytime on the night of the 4th after Joey supposedly called him in the presence of his family?

Imo, the jury will go by the cell evidence they can see for themselves, and not some imaginary phone call that has nothing to support it even connected to the accused's phone, no matter what the paid defense experts may say or what his family may say. Imo

Imo, this is why many times the defense case is called smoke, and mirrors. This is a perfect example of the DT trying to get the jury to believe they are being fed chicken salad when its really nothing but chicken s***, and smells to high heaven. Lol!

IMHO, Neither defense witness helped the defense one iota yesterday, IMO. They did more harm than good.

We will see if they score any points when Jarvis continues. I think the state is fully prepared, no matter who the defense witness case happens to be. I thought the prosecutor did a fabulous job yesterday.

May justice prevail for the McStay family, and I feel more at peace every day of the trial, it will be done.

Imo
OMG, Ocean, lmbo at your chicken analogy, haha.

You don't know what chase's phone records do and do not show because we don't have them and have yet to hear from an expert that actually knows how to read the AT&T call records. JMO IF the records never show a 'missed call' how do you suppose they show that in the records? They need a qualified person to testify or cross reference records.... we will see what they show in the coming weeks I guess :)
Trial experience has taught me that if there is a point that the defense intends to prove, with the advice of their own expert, they bring it up during cross-examination of the witnesses, which in this case would have been Kevin Boles. They had Joey's call records for whatever period and they would have cross-referenced every call to Chase's call records with a fine-tooth comb, to find a call in one that didn't show up in the other.

JMO

Do you have links, TIA. From these particular counties in CA?

Oh yeah. I only follow cases where I am concerned that the the evidence isn't what it should be. I'll put something together for you.

I wasn't sure about this case initially, but I am now certain a huge error was made here. I think it was an honest mistake. This is not one of those cases where I believe that there was a deliberate attempt to frame the defendant--but I have case, after case after case I can show you were LE was in error, and the convictions have been proven wrong.

But they never claimed a knife was found at the graves. They simply pointed out a knife was likely involved in the crime. Big difference.

Actually I am sure they claimed this is what happened due to his ex girlfriends confession but if you have prove i am mistaken as it’s been a few months now.

It’s odd how Dan’s girlfriend though didn’t go to the police like normal minded people she went to the defence team of the person on trail for his murder. That’s rather fishy off the bat one would of thought?!!

You are putting your own spin on this. Where is the PROOF that the checks were cashed without Joey's permission? That the checks were backdated in order to commit fraud, as opposed to expediency when drafting them? There was no recording of the call to QBs so we don't actually know for certain what Chase said to the rep.

The only proof there could be would be Joey saying so. Chase knew that when he murdered him.

Actually I am sure they claimed this is what happened due to his ex girlfriends confession but if you have prove i am mistaken as it’s been a few months now.

It’s odd how Dan’s girlfriend though didn’t go to the police like normal minded people she went to the defence team of the person on trail for his murder. That’s rather fishy off the bat one would of thought?!!

I'm not convinced that Dan K is guilty of these murders either. So we'll see what the defense offers there...

Is there any proof any of these things were done WITH Joey's permission? All we have is the word of a two timed felon telling us a dead man gave him permission to do these things.

Is there any proof any of these things were done WITH Joey's permission? All we have is the word of a two timed felon telling us a dead man gave him permission to do these things.

I would say that the fact that Joey called his bank on Thursday the 4th, and didn't alert the rep to fraud is the closest thing we have to proof that he was OK with the check Chase wrote and cashed that week. Plus the fact that Joey didn't alter any of his passwords.

But no, without Joey or an email or someone else vouching for this, we may never know with absolute certainty what the actual arrangement was.

Just interested what is your theory on who committed this crime?

It's highly speculative. I can't really support it with evidence, but the key to me is in the state of the home when it was very first entered by LE. I think that home tells a story. And the keys in Joey's pockets add another piece to this.

I will believe it if you present reliable evidence to support your claim.

I think I understand why the defense just has to believe in his innocence. Since they are counting on the proceeds from a documentary in lieu of payment, if he is found guilty he will not be able to benefit from his crime, and the defense team ends up empty handed. But to the defense credit, ya'll are really putting forth the effort. IMO...of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value