CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! believe it or not, I heard a judge say that in a trial years ago when addressing one of the defense attorneys.

I think it was a bench trial. It was for sure the judge wasn't buying the chicken s*** the defense attorneys was trying to sell him trying to convince him it was chicken salad. So much he said so. Lol

I thought it was so appropriate at the time, yet hilarious, that I've never forgotten it!!! Lmbo!
Haha, now you got me laughing all again LOL. What a hoot of a Judge to say that, too funny,:D
I remember Judge Judy with her, "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining" as well.

Too bad Summer and Joey had the opportunity to raise their children stolen from them.

Too bad those adorable, sweet, and innocent little boys had their lives stolen because their heads were bashed in.

This love affair for Chase is a bit over the top. At best, CM is not someone anyone should be putting on a pedestal. And his biased family shouldn't be put on a pedestal either. Please, CM even went on to steal from Joey's mom after the murders. At worst he's a cold blooded killer. And please don't forget the victim's and what happened to them.
"Too bad Summer and Joey had the opportunity to raise their children stolen from them."
So you must think they were bad parents?

Ok now is this deliberate - the media doesn't want to be there to cover the jailhouse tapes?

I just about coped with the bad news that was Law & Crime pulling out, but then we get tweeters and now lose them also?

I can't print what I'm thinking.

I am way behind, do forgive me if anyone has discussed this, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We get only audio and some brilliant soul placed the recording device right next to the court reporter? You really can't make this stuff up. It sounds like they're popping popcorn through the entire testimony.

I am way behind, do forgive me if anyone has discussed this, but ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We get only audio and some brilliant soul placed the recording device right next to the court reporter? You really can't make this stuff up. It sounds like they're popping popcorn through the entire testimony.
It's sabotage I tell ya!

"Too bad Summer and Joey had the opportunity to raise their children stolen from them."
So you must think they were bad parents?

Why would you say that? @SuziQ obviously thinks the opposite, and expressed it in standard English. (“Too bad that ... ” might have been a trace clearer, but there’s no possible way to misunderstand the sentence.

I think it's very significant IMO. How do you think CE cases are usually won even though they are a bit more difficult to convict? Where CE murder cases get convicted even without finding the body of a victim?

As Kelly often says on Cold Justice ' Give me a CE case, anyday!' There is a very good reason Kelly says that.

CE has long been recognized by the USSC to be powerful weighty evidence, and often can be more powerful than direct evidence cases.

Also CE cases are the least likely of all to be overturned on appeal.

Most all trials held in the US are CE cases. Rarely does a case go to trial based on direct evidence only. I cant think of one recent totally direct evidence case going to trial.

If you notice you will often see defense attorneys try to diminish the full weight CE cases carry.

That is because they know all too well CE cases are very strong cases, and strongly held up by our high courts, from applelate courts all the way to the USSC.

So that is why they MUST say ' but, but, but it's only a CE case.' LMBO!

They know they get their butts kicked in court every day quite often when it's filled with powerful CE. Imo, they actually cringe when its one.

They are desperating trying to get people to actually believe their nonsense. It's just another defense tactic.

The good thing is the vast majority of people knows better since about 90 percent of all criminals case ARE CE cases, and are frequently won far far more often than not.

The jury won't have any problems linking all of this voluminous amount of CE facts tigether either. Lol!

Imo

So I have no doubt a conversation/discussion/nagging went on over the weekend at the Merritt house after the 4th.

Taylor says they often argued over CM not picking up his phone. I just think Taylor's memory is, shall we faulty, in saying the argument was over the missed call from Joey.

Curious to know how many times CM called Joey from after that missed phone call to Sunday night.

So I have no doubt a conversation/discussion/nagging went on over the weekend at the Merritt house after the 4th.

Taylor says they often argued over CM not picking up his phone. I just think Taylor's memory is, shall we faulty, in saying the argument was over the missed call from Joey.

Curious to know how many times CM called Joey from after that missed phone call to Sunday night.

Tortoise posted this in the last thread

I have from the preliminary hearings

No. of calls from Chase to Joey after the 4th:

5th - 3
6th - 0
7th - 2 (both at 3.47 pm)
8th - ?
9th - 1 (at 1.07 pm)

No further calls to Joey after 9th.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4m4 minutes ago
#McStay - Catherine Jarvis back on the stand. She was Charles Merritt's girlfriend/common law wife in 2010. Jarvis brought their young son to court today, he's in the gallery listening to a recorded call between his mom and dad that's being played. (screenshot ABC7 yesterday)

D1otXefUcAA0mk4.png

Just saw these replies to someone asking who is there today -

I don’t know. I’m not assigned to it today. I’m really sorry I know you and others are interested. Either I or Rob should be back for closing arguments if not before.
Leticia Juarez (@ABC7Leticia) | Twitter

There are no local reporters there today tweeting. I'll do my best to give updates
Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) | Twitter

Actually I am sure they claimed this is what happened due to his ex girlfriends confession but if you have prove i am mistaken as it’s been a few months now.

It’s odd how Dan’s girlfriend though didn’t go to the police like normal minded people she went to the defence team of the person on trail for his murder. That’s rather fishy off the bat one would of thought?!!
I will get the link when I get home later, but she DID go to LE or the prosecution as well. I don't recall if it was said who she went to first though.

I was just listening to cross of TJ. Hard to hear but sounded like did she recall CM telling CJ what she remembered? Also thought at one point she talked about talking through the glass. Could she have been there when Ryan Smith recorded that convo? He didn't mention her but she said she and her mother visited every Sunday together. Not important. Just curious.

Oh my. Toward the end of CJ's testimony she refused to admit her prior interviews were correct. That things were taken out of context. Would her interviews have been recorded?
I didn't think it was an interview, it was jailhouse calls? Rodriquez was trying to get her to only read a portion, and she said it was taken out of context....i have to go back and listen to this because it was hard to hear and I was tired! Cathy was saying nasty things to chase though on the phone lol

I didn't think it was an interview, it was jailhouse calls? Rodriquez was trying to get her to only read a portion, and she said it was taken out of context....i have to go back and listen to this because it was hard to hear and I was tired! Cathy was saying nasty things to chase though on the phone lol
You are probably right. She was saying some nasty things.Then BAM! Judge says a juror requested they stop at precisely 4!!! Done for the day.

You are probably right. She was saying some nasty things.Then BAM! Judge says a juror requested they stop at precisely 4!!! Done for the day.
That recording was brutal to listen to....but I will do it again later anyway haha I wanted to hear what was being argued over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smoore9861