Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Ristevski, Baden-Clay remained unflappable in the face of mounting evidence that linked him to his wife's disappearance.
Both men were also subjected to widespread suspicion from the public, who never accepted their crocodile tears and credulity-stretching denials.
Baden-Clay was found guilty by a jury in 2014. But Queensland's Court of Appeals downgraded the charge to manslaughter when his lawyers successfully argued it was possible he could have unintentionally killed his wife during an argument.

In 2016, the High Court reinstated the murder conviction, after finding it was reasonable for a jury to be persuaded by "the lengths to which the respondent [Baden-Clay] went to conceal his wife's body and to conceal his part in her demise."
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ate-of-gerard-baden-clay-20190314-p5149m.html

The store Bella Bleu recorded losses of $326,000 over four years, and the couple had a credit card debt of more than $80,000, on top of a $715,000 mortgage

"For sentencing purposes, they will need to have an agreed set of facts. But where are they going to get these facts from, when he's always denied doing it?" Mr Faris asked

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...ate-of-gerard-baden-clay-20190314-p5149m.html

That article is an interesting read.

Equally, he would have sat round in all those long , repetitive 'therapy sessions' they have at drug rehab, where people tell the most outlandish stories, then , it comes out, they had a decent life and threw it away for the sake of rebellion and defiance. But a lot of sympathy is dispensed and Ant likes that , a lot.

Ant , among all the public claimants of child sexual abuse, by clergy, priest, schoolteacher, swimming coach, etc, is the only one I find unable to credit.. I just cant do it.

And since Ant had already claimed this particular facet of his life, and Karens' to the press, on TV, and to the police, and to the prosecutor, it's hard to believe that Borce would have trembled at the thought of Ant saying it all over again. It's all been said before.

Everyone in Melbourne has heard Ant's story about this..

So I find Ant's claim of being 'The Fixer' in all this a bit rich.
In this family had been nothing like it seemed (or similar to the wording) - that ANT would have revealed, not only his connection with Karen, IMO.

‘The aunt of slain Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski says her husband's eleventh-hour confession to manslaughter was done for selfish reasons.’

‘Mrs Ristevski's aunt Patricia Gray told The Herald Sun today it was too little, too late.

"He has done this for selfish reasons," she said.

"He is either covering up for someone or just can't face it. I don't know."

9News has spoken to some of the deceased’s relatives and friends, who are now tasked with drafting their victim impact statements for the plea hearing on March 27.

Mrs Ristevski’s brother, Stephen Williams, yesterday rushed to the Supreme Court to witness her husband’s back-flip.

“I only had one sister, that’s it, the only family I’ve got. I knew Karen wasn’t coming home, knew that from a very early stage.”’
'Borce Ristevski covered for someone in confession over wife Karen's death'

Emirates!!… I shudder with horror now at the blithe way I encouraged the intrepid Ultra Ultra Websleuther, Emirates to pose as a buyer for the house and go to an opening. To be met by Sarah and Borce at the front door!..

my god, Em.. I must have been nuts, and you too, a bit!..

And what about that missing $800 , ey?.. I had hoped this morning that I would be seeing stuff like Borce charged , also, with theft and fraud, I still expect it, because he was using her money while she was 'only missing'..

Whereas, the moment she was deceased, ( only Borce knows that exact moment ) Sarah is the heir, not Borce, she had changed the house over to her name because of his utter inability to manage finances, his, hers, theirs, anyones.

Not that he was above advising people about finances, though.

So I am hoping that a few more charges will be laid before the 27th.

so i was thinking this morning

i wonder if this is a trap by the police, he's admitted nothing about killing Karen doing it this way would make him provide a story of how it happened

then they could tear holes in to his story the same way they tried with his activities before and after she went "missing" , meaning if they can poke enough holes they may be able to prove murder

As Borce Ristevski admitted to killing his wife Karen, there's one person we're thinking about.

Melody Teh
But on Wednesday, on the eve of his murder trial, he finally stopped lying and pleaded guilty.

His daughter was not in court when her father entered his guilty plea. Not many people were as it was entirely unexpected.
Borce's confession came after a Victorian Supreme Court judge ruled that prosecution evidence of Borce's 'murderous intent' was not admissible.

His manslaughter plea means he will avoid a life sentence, the maximum penalty for a murder charge.

In fact, it was an admission that his daughter reportedly did not know was coming, according to The Daily Mail.

The publication report that sources close to the case said Sarah, now 23, "did not anticipate" the plea.

'Borce Ristevski is covering for someone in shock confession over wife Karen's death': Slain mum's aunt

The aunt of slain Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski says her husband's eleventh-hour confession to manslaughter was done for selfish reasons.

Mrs Ristevski's aunt Patricia Gray told The Herald Sun today it was too little, too late.

"He has done this for selfish reasons," she said.

"He is either covering up for someone or just can't face it. I don't know."

Last edited:
Sad that no mention is made of her loving brother and even sadder is the blank right hand side for someone else's epitaph to join hers.

Interesting that the date of death is noted as the day Karen was found.

View attachment 174161

I found that part utterly indescribable, Steve. The date thing, I mean. It is such a blatant , in your face reprehensible totally willful lie, to you, to aunt Patty, to Sarah, to her friends, her colleagues, to the community, to God himself.

Simply , a measure of the brazen, blatant nature of the man, and this offence, this one thing should be corrected the moment the man is imprisoned.

What really stinks about BR is that this KILLER carried Karen's coffin.:eek::eek::eek:
This is inexcusable.
Loads of reasons why he wasn't able should have been given, yet he continued here in playing his act.
I hope he is continually reminded about this, being a slime, a rat, a jerk, a creep all in one.
Just a horrid bit of ....
MOO.

'Borce Ristevski is covering for someone in shock confession over wife Karen's death': Slain mum's aunt

The aunt of slain Melbourne mother Karen Ristevski says her husband's eleventh-hour confession to manslaughter was done for selfish reasons.

It would be handy, and helpful, if Aunt Patty stated who he was covering for, since there were only three people in the home, and one is dead, one is awaiting sentencing, and one is off the grid somewhere.

Sad that no mention is made of her loving brother and even sadder is the blank right hand side for someone else's epitaph to join hers.

Interesting that the date of death is noted as the day Karen was found.

View attachment 174161

and surely to God Almighty, surely Sarah would not allow Borce to be buried next to Karen?..

What on earth could Borce's epitaph say.. .. the mind simply collapses at the terrible , terrible revisionist lying going on here , on a bloody headstone on a grave, no less!.. is there no limit to these Ristevski's?

Friends of Karen Ristevski, who was killed in 2016, expressed relief that her husband had finally admitted to killing her but remained concerned they might never find out what really happened.

The group, which includes Karen’s friends from her school days, has had a mixed reaction to Borce Ristevski’s decision to plead guilty to manslaughter, having denied any culpability for 2½ years.

Sharryn Celhar Hili, who has known Karen since the pair went to Deep Park Secondary College in Melbourne’s west, expressed concern that he would walk away with a minimal jail term.

“He will get five years less,” Ms Celhar Hili said in a Facebook post in response to a friend who posted a photo of the couple with the words, “Sweet justice is on its way”.

“And noooo info will come out, and no witnesses called.”

Kelly Lavin knew Karen socially through friends and said she was reluctant to express an opinion on the plea.

“I’ve already mourned her death,” she said.

“I’m still angry at everything that’s happened. But it is what it is.”

Ms Lavin, who grew up in Melbourne, is among a group of women who have had a photo of themselves and Karen posted to their Facebook pages. The photo, taken at a social gathering at the Deep Park Club, features nine smiling women as they squeeze together for the shot.
Nocookies

I am hoping Judge Christopher Beale will dish out a heavy sentence and make Borce and his lawyers appeal it on the grounds of it being manifestly excessive and then lose that case, and Borce be stuck with it.

In a more judicially run world, that's what would happen...

Community outrage is breaking out all over, very reminiscent of when Jamie Ramage was successful , so successful that it was the last time it was allowed in Victoria, to plead provocation and get an 8 yr sentence for the hideous murder, and secret burial,( more like a discarded rubbish effort ) of his wife of 24 years, , on the grounds that he claimed she taunted him about the size of his appendage, at which point he felt justified in throttling her to death on her own kitchen floor.

People didn't like it, and the law was altered immediately, and Borce's case may result in a similar outcome. Borce might get away with it, but the ride on 'manslaughter' stuff in this context may be well and truly over, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53