IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #4 * ALL CHARGES DROPPED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tuned in to see if Jussie was still on from film already done. Yup. I watched about 10 minutes and recalled why I didn't watch earlier in the season(s). Everyone has their tastes but this thread isn't nor should Siskell and Ebert reviews. I believe this show was already at it's end of the cycle, before any of this additional sadness.

JMO

After being approached by a politically connected lawyer, State’s Attorney Kimberly Foxx asked Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn over the investigation of Jussie Smollett’s reported attack to the FBI, according to communications provided to the Tribune.

State’s Attorney Kim Foxx asked Chicago’s top cop to turn Jussie Smollett probe over to FBI, texts and emails show

Foxx reached out to Johnson after Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, emailed Foxx saying the actor’s family had unspecified “concerns about the investigation.” Tchen, a close friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife, said she was acting on behalf of the “Empire” actor and his family. A relative later exchanged texts with Foxx.

“If she’s doing a favor for somebody with some influence, that would be unprofessional and she should be criticized,” he said. “If she was trying to clean up a mess that had compromised even her own office and a clean investigation from the FBI would be in the interest of truth, then what she did is laudable.”

The released texts between Foxx and the relative stop on Feb. 13, the same day a memo was sent out by Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, informing staff that Foxx “is recused” from the Smollett investigation. It did not say why. First Assistant State’s Attorney Joe Magats, the second highest-ranking official in the office, was placed in charge of the investigation.

Her recusal was not publicly announced until Feb. 19, the day before charges were filed against Smollett alleging he made up the whole story.

JS has just pled not guilty to all counts. Good luck with that........lol

ETA: JS has a small rent-a-mob outside the court house protesting. Do they even know what they're protesting??

He also has bodyguards, quite funny, as he never was beaten up and is very unlikely to be beaten up outside the court house.

Smoke and mirrors, then off to jail.

Last edited:
After being approached by a politically connected lawyer, State’s Attorney Kimberly Foxx asked Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson to turn over the investigation of Jussie Smollett’s reported attack to the FBI, according to communications provided to the Tribune.

State’s Attorney Kim Foxx asked Chicago’s top cop to turn Jussie Smollett probe over to FBI, texts and emails show

Foxx reached out to Johnson after Tina Tchen, former chief of staff to first lady Michelle Obama, emailed Foxx saying the actor’s family had unspecified “concerns about the investigation.” Tchen, a close friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife, said she was acting on behalf of the “Empire” actor and his family. A relative later exchanged texts with Foxx.

“If she’s doing a favor for somebody with some influence, that would be unprofessional and she should be criticized,” he said. “If she was trying to clean up a mess that had compromised even her own office and a clean investigation from the FBI would be in the interest of truth, then what she did is laudable.”

The released texts between Foxx and the relative stop on Feb. 13, the same day a memo was sent out by Foxx’s chief ethics officer, April Perry, informing staff that Foxx “is recused” from the Smollett investigation. It did not say why. First Assistant State’s Attorney Joe Magats, the second highest-ranking official in the office, was placed in charge of the investigation.

Her recusal was not publicly announced until Feb. 19, the day before charges were filed against Smollett alleging he made up the whole story.
Really??? Michelle Obama’s former chief of staff made contact.

Really??? Michelle Obama’s former chief of staff made contact.

I have no doubt that Mr. Smollett's family has been working every single possible friend of a friend...or whatever contacts they have, to make this mess go away.

Smart move to stay away from that kind of mess, because this isn't a parking ticket. And it isn't going away.

I am waiting for the movie. And I hope Smollett won't play himself!

Truth is stranger than fiction. Who could make this up?!

Seriously, I hope Smollett doesn't profit from movie, book sales.

I think he should be forced to play himself and then donate his entire salary to a victim of a hate crime or a group that helps them.

Last edited:
Empire/FOX has been walking a very fine line beside their criminal.:rolleyes:

From what I read yesterday ratings were a bust as I predicted but especially with the most coveted age demographics the shows Target. They have some MAJOR decisions to make sooner than later. I expect movement will be swift.

The state’s attorney hasn’t been charged with anything and won’t be. She doesn’t have a formal role in the Smollett fake-hate-crime case, now that she’s recused herself owing to a conflict of interest.

Kim Foxx's embarrassing OMG moment in the Jussie Smollett case

It is an account of how Foxx was contacted in the Smollett case by a politically connected lawyer close to Chicago’s most prominent political families, the Obamas and Emanuels.

That lawyer, Tina Tchen, was chief of staff for former first lady Michelle Obama, and she is a friend of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s wife, Amy Rule. Tchen was apparently a go-between for someone in the Smollett family.

“Spoke to the superintendent earlier, he made the ask,” Foxx wrote. “Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted.”

“Omg this would be a huge victory,” the Smollett relative replied.

“I make no guarantees, but I’m trying,” Foxx replied.

“I understand,” the Smollett relative typed. “I appreciate the effort.”

Empire ratings hit all time low last night. Sorry do not have a clue how to drop link with Android tablet. Trust me it's everywhere. Google smoogle Empire ratings 2019.

“Empire” Ratings Drop Following Jussie Smollett Scandal
By
jagurltv
March 16, 2019
8DEE1FDA-35BA-4DD1-8979-043AEC318E4D.jpeg

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Matt Marton/AP/REX/Shutterstock (10155663a) Empire actor Jussie Smollett, center, arrives at the Leighton Criminal Court Building for his hearing, in Chicago. Smollett is accused of lying to police about being the victim of a racist and homophobic attack by two men on Jan. 29 in downtown Chicago Empire Cast Member Attack, Chicago, USA - 14 Mar 2019
It’s no secret that Jussie Smollett is fighting a major legal case.

The Empire star is facing 16 felony disorderly conduct charges for an alleged fake racist and homophobic attack that Police claim was staged in February.

28C5C584-0D01-4A28-AB71-161D533900AA.png

Though the star’s struggles are personal it appears they’re trickling over to his career…. and sounds like execs aren’t too happy about it!

On Wednesday night “Empire” has it’s mid season premier and compared to the show’s last episode, Nielsen ratings were down.

AD
According to Variety.com, When it aired on Fox “Empire drew a 1.3 rating in adults 18-49 and 4.4 million viewers. That is down a little over 10% in both measures compared to the midseason finale in December.”

Despite the fact ratings were low compared to the Show’s orginal number, it was still one of the highest rated of the night.

It came in second to “Survivor” which had a

1.5 rating, (7.6 million).

The show has already started to make separations from the actor. Just a day after Smollett was arrested by Chicago Police for allegedly staging an attack, the producers for the Fox show announced the actor would not be making a comeback in the last two episodes of season 5.

Here’s the thing. While there has been no official announcement of whether or not the actor will be gone for good, money talks!

The fact the actor is bringing bad press can’t be good for a show that makes more money with more viewers.

By: Toi Creel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members