CA - Bakersfield 3: Disappearance of Baylee Despot & murders of James Kulstad & Micah Holsonbake #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of fake profiles for many of us is that a majority of the posters on this thread are locals, and since we're posting on a public forum about murders in our town for which nobody has been arrested, it's probably wise.
Yes! That is exactly why I don't post in the Bakersfield 3 fb group. Anyone can be watching that and I don't want to end up on the murderers radar. The anonymity here offers a sense of protection that other SM lacks in case the bad guys are watching.

Yes! That is exactly why I don't post in the Bakersfield 3 fb group. Anyone can be watching that and I don't want to end up on the murderers radar. The anonymity here offers a sense of protection that other SM lacks in case the bad guys are watching.

That's why I never even joined the group in the first place. I'd love to be privy to what's discussed there, but it's not worth the risk to me. I figure I'll just stay curious and hunt down info the hard way.

I know that there were people afraid to take potentially valuable info to LE because they feared corrupt cops giving them up, as well. Sadly, that's not a totally unfounded fear.

While an active investigation I absolutely expect the mothers and LE to withhold sensitive information for the purpose of: there are things that only LE and the killers/kidnappers know, and by releasing that info it could muddy the waters and allow them to further escape. LE doesn’t want those responsible to know the actions they are taking behind the scenes.

On the flip side, releasing more information could trigger something in someone to speak out. This case is unique in the sense that we’re dealing with a very different social class than a typical murder in this town. I personally know half a dozen people who had run ins with MH leading up to his disappearance and I know for a fact 3 of them haven’t said a word to investigators. BUT most of the info I’ve heard via word of mouth has been discussed by others on here, (MH last sighting, incident at Silver Fox, a few others..)

The QA with Oliva on KGET put it into perspective: people have information that they don’t even realize could be relevant. It could be as small as “oh I saw this person with that person at a gas station..” whatever.

There are a lot of *advertiser censored* eyed theories on here. I know I have been guilty of it. But at the end of the day, theoretically, they’re “possible” without knowing the facts. It would be nice if Bakersfield3 could confirm or deny the path were on with each one but I know they can’t. I’m sure their activity is being monitored just like everybody else. Lots of rabbit holes, but in a case like this, that’s expected. I think we can all agree the most obvious suspect is MQ. And if that’s not true, then all of us on here are off base in all background research. Would I be surprised if it wasn’t MQ? Yes and no. But he didn’t do himself any favors with his actions around this time. I still have deep reservations about JK being tied to BD and MH case, I personally feel like it’s a complete separate thing. Having the same friends isn’t enough evidence in this town in particular. This town is very unique on that front. But SH is the clear link, and that does interest me.

It is a little disheartening when theories get floated around and then those people get criticized for it. Theories are not supposed to be fact based. That’s why we have scientific research. To confirm or debunk. Everyone on here takes the known facts, people involved, and does extensive research into these peoples pasts that end up painting a pretty vast picture of what type of people were dealing with. I believe there is a lot of info on here that could be of assistance to LE. I also believe in the possibility of LE corruption, or tipping people off. I also believe that federal agencies might have a bigger case they are working on which would impede this particular investigation (going after the big fish, and people discussed here are the feeder fish.) do I have factual evidence? NO. But there are lots of “quacking ducks” that lead me to believe that. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

One thing that’s unique with this case is that we have one of the “bad guys”, per se, creating known fake accounts to harass and taunt the parents of the victims. Not only is that really messed up on a humanitarian level, it shows the lengths that some will go to in order to hide their misdeeds and try to derail the investigation. It brings more pain to the parents who only want to find what truly happened to their loved ones.

It has to be hard for those “in the know” to trust anyone at this point, especially after the multitude of harassments they’ve gone thru before we even heard of this case. It can’t be easy sitting back quietly, hearing all of these theories bounced around about your loved ones that are really off the mark. In all I’ve seen, the families take it all in with grace and a stiff upper lip, until something is so off the mark that they respond and shut it down. That can’t be easy for them, so I think if they say “dead end” or “rabbit hole” we should drop it and move on, trusting their judgement.

I know we’re all here trying to help, even in any small way we can, but this isn’t a forum for someone with multiple accounts to log in and argue with themselves (or others) to detract from trying to find answers. Those that do that should stick to FB or other sites, not here. Or better yet, grow up and not do it at all. MOO.

One thing that’s unique with this case is that we have one of the “bad guys”, per se, creating known fake accounts to harass and taunt the parents of the victims. Not only is that really messed up on a humanitarian level, it shows the lengths that some will go to in order to hide their misdeeds and try to derail the investigation. It brings more pain to the parents who only want to find what truly happened to their loved ones.

It has to be hard for those “in the know” to trust anyone at this point, especially after the multitude of harassments they’ve gone thru before we even heard of this case. It can’t be easy sitting back quietly, hearing all of these theories bounced around about your loved ones that are really off the mark. In all I’ve seen, the families take it all in with grace and a stiff upper lip, until something is so off the mark that they respond and shut it down. That can’t be easy for them, so I think if they say “dead end” or “rabbit hole” we should drop it and move on, trusting their judgement.

I know we’re all here trying to help, even in any small way we can, but this isn’t a forum for someone with multiple accounts to log in and argue with themselves (or others) to detract from trying to find answers. Those that do that should stick to FB or other sites, not here. Or better yet, grow up and not do it at all. MOO.

I agree completely. You said it very well.

And on a private note to all of you (and especially any family members), I do apologize for bringing up my own questions this week about where to bury or hide a body. I cringe at my own words, but it really is something I’ve wondered and I keep going back to.

Human nature is such a strange thing, especially when there’s an act so far out of the realm of what we ourselves deem “normal” or “acceptable” behavior - I can’t stop my curiosity from getting the best of me at times. But I really am genuinely interested in how others think and I value all of your opinions here. I think in our hearts, we really want answers for the families bc we see aspects of ourselves in each and every one of them, and we’d want the same answers if we were in their shoes. Just my 2 cents

I'm thinking that the acct I thought might be a second fake MQ acct (initials AB) may actually belong to someone else. This is an account that I'm repeatedly reporting because it is harassing Jane. (She and a friend of hers have commented on it, so I know she's aware of it)

Just sharing this since my earlier guess was likely incorrect.

And on a private note to all of you (and especially any family members), I do apologize for bringing up my own questions this week about where to bury or hide a body. I cringe at my own words, but it really is something I’ve wondered and I keep going back to.

Human nature is such a strange thing, especially when there’s an act so far out of the realm of what we ourselves deem “normal” or “acceptable” behavior - I can’t stop my curiosity from getting the best of me at times. But I really am genuinely interested in how others think and I value all of your opinions here. I think in our hearts, we really want answers for the families bc we see aspects of ourselves in each and every one of them, and we’d want the same answers if we were in their shoes. Just my 2 cents

You're so right. The circumstances surrounding Baylee as far as what she went thru with her ex husband are incredibly relatable. I went thru the same abuse and experienced a divorce very young and am now a single divorced mother in my 20s. These cases hit close to home, literally, and emotionally. It's maddening to know that these people are out there still. We're just trying to connect the dots and hopefully find something that can bring Baylee and Micah home and get these monsters to pay for their evil actions.

You're so right. The circumstances surrounding Baylee as far as what she went thru with her ex husband are incredibly relatable. I went thru the same abuse and experienced a divorce very young and am now a single divorced mother in my 20s. These cases hit close to home, literally, and emotionally. It's maddening to know that these people are out there still. We're just trying to connect the dots and hopefully find something that can bring Baylee and Micah home and get these monsters to pay for their evil actions.
Her marriage was abusive? I don’t think that’s ever been discussed publicly...

You should not have to apologize being that it is almost a year into Baylee's disappearance you have to look at both sides of the coin. We are hopeful Baylee is still out there, but prepared for the worse. I'm not offended by any means by your question.

Her marriage was abusive? I don’t think that’s ever been discussed publicly...
Is that not what her mom said publically on the debriefing with chadman? I feel like I'm being slammed no matter what I say. I'm just going to go ahead and let this thread be. Good luck to the other sleuthers and my prayers are with the Bakersfield 3.

That’s exactly what I mean. Why am I the one being singled out? I’m not the one that brought it up. I knew that was never an issue with this case. The person who thinks that Is the case here, should be the one getting quoted.
I never said it was an issue in the case! I said her having experienced that makes her incredibly relatable because it happened to me too.

Is that not what her mom said publically on the debriefing with chadman? I feel like I'm being slammed no matter what I say. I'm just going to go ahead and let this thread be. Good luck to the other sleuthers and my prayers are with the Bakersfield 3.

I'd hate to see this happen, because I think there are people who could have info regarding the case and they may come here to get a feel for whether or not that info is relevant.

Last edited:
While an active investigation I absolutely expect the mothers and LE to withhold sensitive information for the purpose of: there are things that only LE and the killers/kidnappers know, and by releasing that info it could muddy the waters and allow them to further escape. LE doesn’t want those responsible to know the actions they are taking behind the scenes.

On the flip side, releasing more information could trigger something in someone to speak out. This case is unique in the sense that we’re dealing with a very different social class than a typical murder in this town. I personally know half a dozen people who had run ins with MH leading up to his disappearance and I know for a fact 3 of them haven’t said a word to investigators. BUT most of the info I’ve heard via word of mouth has been discussed by others on here, (MH last sighting, incident at Silver Fox, a few others..)

The QA with Oliva on KGET put it into perspective: people have information that they don’t even realize could be relevant. It could be as small as “oh I saw this person with that person at a gas station..” whatever.

There are a lot of *advertiser censored* eyed theories on here. I know I have been guilty of it. But at the end of the day, theoretically, they’re “possible” without knowing the facts. It would be nice if Bakersfield3 could confirm or deny the path were on with each one but I know they can’t. I’m sure their activity is being monitored just like everybody else. Lots of rabbit holes, but in a case like this, that’s expected. I think we can all agree the most obvious suspect is MQ. And if that’s not true, then all of us on here are off base in all background research. Would I be surprised if it wasn’t MQ? Yes and no. But he didn’t do himself any favors with his actions around this time. I still have deep reservations about JK being tied to BD and MH case, I personally feel like it’s a complete separate thing. Having the same friends isn’t enough evidence in this town in particular. This town is very unique on that front. But SH is the clear link, and that does interest me.
What happen at the silver fox? I don’t remember hearing about this and I’ve been following every single thing about this case since last year when Bailey was first missing and before I joined WS months back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu