Found Deceased Ireland - Ruth Maguire, 30, vanished during hen party, Carlingford, Co Louth, Leinster, 16 Mar 2019

The left behind coat and intention of walking to Newcastle I took to be literal (as the crow flies) as it's too far to walk. There was a case local to me years ago when a man late at night declared "I'm for Rathlin!" No ferries that time of night obviously and he was found in the water some days later. RIP

Oh no, I've only just checked the thread since this morning. How awful. As others have said though, at least she has been found and the family can grieve and know what happened to her as far too many missing persons' families end up living with not knowing for years or forever. My heart goes out to her family, and also to the poor bride who will undoubtedly be devastated knowing that her friend died after they had an argument. I cannot begin to imagine how she feels. So sad.

That's a sad story, a row would probably have just blown over and been forgotten about the next day :(

I know, that’s the thing. But when the drinks in the wits out. I don’t know how drunk she was but if you’ve ever been on a hen, especially in Ireland it’s drink after drink after drink.

This another sad story of "If only, I had........ (fill in the blank), on the part of her friends, especially the bride. And nothing can ever make it right.
I still don't understand how she got down to the water's edge and then into it, if she wasn't extremely impaired. I refuse to believe she took her own life, that makes the least sense to me.

Curious that she seems to have 2 Facebook profiles, both current and recently updated. Does not seem to be one for career, one for family and friends, like some people do.

The only vacation/short stay rental I can find that would be big enough capacity to hold the group and within 5 minutes walk is not on the water, but only a short hop away.

I wonder if she went for a walk on the pier for the view or a little bit of calm.

The only vacation/short stay rental I can find that would be big enough capacity to hold the group and within 5 minutes walk is not on the water, but only a short hop away.

I wonder if she went for a walk on the pier for the view or a little bit of calm.

Maybe just to cool off, not having seriously intended packing up to go back to Newcastle. Just something said in the heat of the moment.

Not speaking for the other poster here, but I took it as meaning 'weird of the hen party not to say anything'. I could be wrong of course. But that was my thought. I mean out of the 31 other women there, not one of them felt like she had to go with Ruth... that's why I was wondering a few pages back if Ruth maybe was a loner amongst them. I'm sure there was no malicious intent in the group, and they all feel horrible, but out of 31 not one could have accompanied her? Maybe they were ticked she argued with the guest of honor and were glad to see her leave. Although again I am sure none of them are happy with this happening.
Yes, that is what I meant. Wasn’t casting doubt on the bouncer at all. IMO the articles I had read seemed to indicate no one had any clue why she would suddenly leave. I did find it odd that the hen party didn’t mention there was a “tiff” - even if a minor disagreement that drinking might have brought on. So very sad for her family :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back