CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #50 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a great question. They are focused on the landfill. The HLN show mentioned that PF told KK he was taking what was left of the burned tote to a landfill or a river near him. I hadn’t heard anything about a river anywhere else but the HLN show. Caught my attention along with that Lake George text (which we’ve since discussed was just a red herring).
I am glad that single statement includes a compound location. My original fear once I read of the high success rate was; OH OH!!! if KK said there and they do not find it, her story becomes more questionable.

With the inclusion of an alternative location, it frees up the veracity of her testimony should the body not be found.

Obviously the best solution is we find a body and she gets laid to rest, KK testimony is not impeached. Well, I concede second best; as best would have been this whole thing did not occur.

MOO

I never have suggested PF will walk out a free man. But without a body or murder weapon, I think a conviction on first degree murder will be very difficult.

JMO

I would like to be able to entertain that idea, but unfortunately you have to ingnore a mountain of evidence to come to that conclusion.....

Moo

Such a great question. They are focused on the landfill. The HLN show mentioned that PF told KK he was taking what was left of the burned tote to a landfill or a river near him. I hadn’t heard anything about a river anywhere else but the HLN show. Caught my attention along with that Lake George text (which we’ve since discussed was just a red herring).

It seems to me that if I had been in PF's shoes (which I wasn't, thankfully) I wouldn't dispose of the remains at any of the places I tell KK about. Why take the potential extra risk?

I think LE has corroborating evidence of some sort that it is the landfill.

From the preliminary hearing, I bolded the items they were questioning

1:32 p.m.

The state wants to ask Sheila about the phone call on Nov. 22 from Patrick, witnessing the burn, and more. Judge reviewed the case law citations. He says this is not the time & place for Sheila’s testimony.

1:30 p.m.

Court is back in session. Judge says they talked about admitting Sheila Frazee as a witness. She is exercising her right to remain silent at the advisement of counsel.

9:10 a.m.

The defense called Sheila Frazee, Patrick Frazee’s mother, to the stand to testify. She refused and exercised her fifth amendment rights. District Attorney Dan May said Sheila Frazee would know about a defendant showing up to her house on the day Berreth was last seen, however, Judge Scott Sells ruled in favor of Frazee’s refusal to testify.

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Thanks. iirc, SF's attorney said the DA's attempt to force her to testify was unethical because she had already spoken to prosecutors. The Judge sided with the attorney.

I'm hoping for a reply with the link as well.

Since we haven't received a response from the poster, and I cannot find a link I'm assuming its speculation?

Unless of course the link is provided to specifically state what DA May intended to ask SF.

IMHO and moo.

I didn't have time to find the link which is why I clearly added JMO to my posting.

It seems to me that if I had been in PF's shoes (which I wasn't, thankfully) I wouldn't dispose of the remains at any of the places I tell KK about. Why take the potential extra risk?

Because his freedom was already in her hands.

It appears that he kept nothing from her, as he saw her as his partner in this. If he went down, she went down, and vice versa.

He still needed her to send those text messages, dispose of evidence, and keep her mouth shut.

2 of 3 ain’t bad. :p:eek:

Since we haven't received a response from the poster, and I cannot find a link I'm assuming its speculation?

Unless of course the link is provided to specifically state what DA May intended to ask SF.

IMHO and moo.

Yah I’m not sure where that’s coming from. According to the live tweets from the blog the DA wanted to ask SF about PFs timeline on thanksgiving day and if he did or didn’t have a fire. I’m not sure it would be self incriminating for SF to admit PF had a fire......
I think it was more SF didn’t want to implicate pf and the judge politely said, save it for trial....or I think that’s what he likely meant imo

Thanks. iirc, SF's attorney said the DA's attempt to force her to testify was unethical because she had already spoken to prosecutors. The Judge sided with the attorney.
Yes, her attorney did ARGUE that, but the judge ruled that it wasn't the time or place for her to testify, not that the DA's request was unethical.
MOO

Thank you ajaylee - Great point. KK certainly has loose lips.
LE must have solid reasons to focus on the landfill, especially with it being such a painstaking and costly task.

IMHO and moo.

I think you're right, nwmouse, but if someone does have a link to the brain of DA May, I'm all in!

I think LE is also looking for the items KK claims she threw away.

JMO

I think you're right, nwmouse, but if someone does have a link to the brain of DA May, I'm all in!
Reporters were in the courtroom listening to the DA's argument and the Judge's response.

JMO

It wasn't the time or place and SF had already spoken to the investigators = unethical.

JMO

That’s literally not what was even said. There is nothing unethical about asking a witness to testify in court. That was the defenses claim...

The judge likely meant it wasn’t necessary and there would be a time for it in the future moo

That’s literally not what was even said. There is nothing unethical about asking a witness to testify in court. That was the defenses claim...

The judge likely meant it wasn’t necessary and there would be a time for it in the future moo
Exactly.

The judge’s job was to determine if there was enough evidence to proceed forward.

He decided that putting a witness on the stand who was going to invoke her Fifth Amendment rights, wasn’t a good use of time.

There were other ways the prosecution could present the necessary evidence.

Yes, her attorney did ARGUE that, but the judge ruled that it wasn't the time or place for her to testify, not that the DA's request was unethical.
MOO

Exactly. SF’s time and place to testify will be at the trial. Same for SF2. The prosecution will call them both and, for each question, they’ll have four choices — answer truthfully, plead the 5th (which would be almost as damning in the eyes of the jury, I think), perjure themselves, or refuse to answer and be held in contempt. I expect the prosecution to press hard on them both. They have a lot of information that is absolutely vital to the case.

All of the above is MOO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members