IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still confused about the surveillance video. This version is identical to the one I watched this morning. In it, the last portion shows the man who walked behind the truck earlier walking away from the truck, not getting back in and driving off.
But the reporter says in the article:

Police cancel Silver Alert for missing baby as search continues
So does that mean msm has additional video from the FBI that hasn't been released? And where was the man going if he returned and drove off? I totally missed the dumpster (duh) this morning so I may be missing something else now.

This case is giving me gray hair...

MsMarple,

When I gave the link to the Steve Jefferson video in an earlier post, I didn't mention you need to click on "View" in a box to see the video. I've copied the link again with that information at the end of my notes in this post. I agree with you that the explanation is confusing. Here's what the confusing part of the explanation was in my opinion (my notes are in bold):

"The March 16 video shows a truck, with what appears to be two or three people in it, at a dumpster in 8-month-old Amiah Robertson's babysitter's neighborhood. One of the people gets out, goes behind the truck, then (the truck) eventually drives away."

The guy who got out of the truck and walked toward the dumpster before leaving the area never gets back in the truck.

Also, the home security video footage was taken just minutes before Amiah was reported missing.

Minutes after the footage showing the truck arriving at the dumpster, a second camera records the same pickup truck pull up to the babysitter's home.

This is the link to the video.
Steve Jefferson on Twitter

When you click on the link, you will see the message below and you need to click on View to see the video.

upload_2019-3-21_0-19-28.png

MsMarple,

When I gave the link to the Steve Jefferson video in an earlier post, I didn't mention you need to click on "View" in a box to see the video. I've copied the link again with that information at the end of my notes in this post. I agree with you that the explanation is confusing. Here's what the confusing part of the explanation was in my opinion (my notes are in bold):

"The March 16 video shows a truck, with what appears to be two or three people in it, at a dumpster in 8-month-old Amiah Robertson's babysitter's neighborhood. One of the people gets out, goes behind the truck, then (the truck) eventually drives away."

The guy who got out of the truck and walked toward the dumpster before leaving the area never gets back in the truck.

Also, the home security video footage was taken just minutes before Amiah was reported missing.

Minutes after the footage showing the truck arriving at the dumpster, a second camera records the same pickup truck pull up to the babysitter's home.

When you click on the link, you will see the message below and you need to click on View to see the video.

View attachment 175377

(Edited an hour later: Do not waste time searching for the dumpster! It turns out to be unrelated upstream!)

Have you guys located the specific dumpster yet (street view, etc)? I think I missed some of this dumpster business earlier. When is pickup? Which landfill?

Here’s another link to the video:

Last edited:
So the mother called the tip in and that's why they searched that area today: Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police
That’s along the lines of what I thought, when another member said they saw video of the mother at tonight’s search.

Of course, at the moment, I’m not buying that she mentioned that location, simply because her boyfriend had brought it up in the past.

I believe her knowledge is more extensive than that.

We’ll see.

So the mother called the tip in and that's why they searched that area today: Mother of missing baby said she called tip in to police

"All I can do is sit and think of things that my daughter loves," said Amber Robertson, who said she's had more on her mind, like trying to remember past conversations with her boyfriend, who she says was supposed to take 8-month-old Amiah to the babysitter's last Thursday, but never got there.

"Robert, a long time ago, told me about 1907. That it was somewhere where he and his friends used to hang around and he drove me by here one time," said Robertson.

So she came back there Wednesday afternoon.

That's where she says she found items that belonged to her daughter and boyfriend, so she called 911. The call brought out IMPD and IFD's dive team to collect possible evidence.“

—-

(Hmmmm...)

Have you guys located the specific dumpster yet (street view, etc)? I think I missed some of this dumpster business earlier. When is pickup? Which landfill?

Here’s another link to the video:

Margarita,

I've been trying to figure out how to determine where that dumpster is, but I don't know that we have enough information to go on. The reporter says "the pickup truck is at a dumpster in Amiah's babysitter's neighborhood." Earlier news reports said a search was conducted at the babysitter's home which is located at 229 S. Holmes Avenue in Indianapolis.

I got lost in Google maps trying to figure out where the building with the dumpster might be. I'm lousy at navigating the Google maps. I'm sure others on here are far better at it. Perhaps someone local will know where the building with the dumpster is. That building is a distinctive cantaloupe color.

ETA: Margarita, with your newest post, do you think the address of whatever street the dumpster is on is 1907?

Margarita,

I've been trying to figure out how to determine where that dumpster is, but I don't know that we have enough information to go on. The reporter says "the pickup truck is at a dumpster in Amiah's babysitter's neighborhood." Earlier news reports said a search was conducted at the babysitter's home which is located at 229 S. Holmes Avenue in Indianapolis.

I got lost in Google maps trying to figure out where the building with the dumpster might be. I'm lousy at navigating the Google maps. I'm sure others on here are far better at it. Perhaps someone local will know where the building with the dumpster is. That building is a distinctive cantaloupe color.

First one to find the dumpster wins a prize :)

ETA:
Do not waste time searching for the dumpster—-it turns out to be unrelated upstream!

Last edited:
Also interesting in that articles it says that the blue truck was determined to be unrelated to the case! Say whaaaaaat???

Well thanks for that! I was about to go dumpster diving on google! What a waste of time that would’ve been!

“That video, obtained by Eyewitness News, showed a truck with two or three people in it. Investigators have since determined that truck has nothing to do with the case.”

"All I can do is sit and think of things that my daughter loves," said Amber Robertson, who said she's had more on her mind, like trying to remember past conversations with her boyfriend, who she says was supposed to take 8-month-old Amiah to the babysitter's last Thursday, but never got there.

"Robert, a long time ago, told me about 1907. That it was somewhere where he and his friends used to hang around and he drove me by here one time," said Robertson.

So she came back there Wednesday afternoon.

That's where she says she found items that belonged to her daughter and boyfriend, so she called 911. The call brought out IMPD and IFD's dive team to collect possible evidence.“

—-

(Hmmmm...)
What is up with the talking in circles?

MsMarple,

View attachment 175377
Thanks, Choochoobella! Yes, it's confusing. The WTHR video I saw earlier today shows the man coming back around the truck, bending down for a moment then he continues walking past the open driver's door and off the camera's view.

I was scratching my head over where the man went when he walked off and for how long before he returned and drove off. The article doesn't say anything about that.

I'm not sure why no one in msm has released the entire raw video that they've obtained - it would be a lot more helpful to see the continuity.

For what it's worth, it looks like the homes near the babysitter's house all have alleys behind them and the alleys do not have street names on maps.

Here's how I'm trying to find the location of the dumpster/orange building. I went to the Marion County Auditor's website (Assessor Property Cards). I also pulled up a map of 229 S. Holmes Street which is in zip code 46222.

We heard that the dumpster is in the area of the babysitter's home, so I've tried searching by address on the auditor's site by putting in 1907 plus the names of streets close to S. Holmes Street, names like S. Addison Street, S. Warman Avenue, Bertha Street, Ida Street, etc. No hits yet of 1907 plus any of those street names.

Margarita,

ETA: Margarita, with your newest post, do you think the address of whatever street the dumpster is on is 1907?

Hey choochoo! See @FunkyMonkey ‘s post, the dumpster is unrelated! Don’t spend your night looking for dumpsters in google street view lol!! I almost did!

Re:

I was actually thinking it was a house number or road number, was looking at that right now (I’m sure a lot of people are, I can hear typing clicks as we speak...)

First one to figure out what 1907 is wins a prize.

—-

ETA:
I think I found it

ETA2:

Is it 1907 w McCarty? I’m not seeing water...4 minutes, 1.1 miles.

Last edited:
Hey choochoo! See @FunkyMonkey ‘s post, the dumpster is unrelated! Don’t spend your night looking for dumpsters in google street view lol!! I almost did!

Re:

I was actually thinking it was a house number or road number, was looking at that right now (I’m sure a lot of people are, I can hear typing clicks as we speak...)

First one to figure out what 1907 is wins a prize.

—-

I think I found it:
In progress

Margarita,
Thank you so much! I was having absolutely no luck. I'm more than willing to wait for your brilliance! :)

Here's one candidate. Unfortunately the Street View is from 2011 so there appear to be changes since then but it's awfully close. I'm still looking.
Google Maps

MsMarple! See @FunkyMonkey ‘s post, the dumpster has turned out to be unrelated per latest article! Don’t dumpster dive all night on street view!!

(I better go back and edit that post in case people spend time searching! If I was dumpster hunting all night and then saw funkymonkey’s post I’d be so pissed!)

Last edited:
Deleted as LE now says the truck is unrelated. Be right back after I go bang my head on the wall for a while...

MsMarple,

I think that looks exactly right for the dumpster, but now I guess we don't care about the dumpster because it was found to be unrelated. I think we're looking for a home with a street address of 1907 that is much closer to where the search was today.

Margarita,
According to the auditor's site, there is no 1907 W. McCarty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member