UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I remember reading that. I hope she can forgive herself for not locking the door. I am shocked that he was able to freely walk in and out the house twice without stirring the 4 adults in the house, I am a light sleeper though so everyone is different.

I think it's possibly because there were 4 adults(well,3 and a teenager really although I should imagine Toni has an old head on her shoulders now poor girl) that this was the case,in my house someone is always getting up for the loo and and my 20 year old often goes down to cook in the middle of the night so its not often any of the rest of us would think twice at any noise,luckily we are overcrowded at the moment so the younger kids are with me anyway and also we have a dog!

Last edited:
One thing that jumped out at me was Campbell's remark that he wanted to kill Alisha as soon as he saw her.
This is a clear attempt to minimize the sexual aspect of the case.
Hopefully nobody swallowed that particular piece of fiction

Possibly he said more also but the judge used his discretion wherever possible to spare the family as much as he could?

I think it's possibly because there were 4 adults(well,3 and a teenager really although I should imagine Toni has an old head on her shoulders now poor girl) that this was the case,in my house so.eone is always getting up for the loo and and my 20 year old often goes down to cook in the middle of the night so its not often any of the rest of us would think twice at any noise,luckily we are overcrowded at the moment so the younger kids are with me anyway and also we have a dog!

Yeah that was a thought, I don’t have any teenagers in the house and we have an alarm downstairs on whilst we sleep so no-one in the house would creep about without setting it off.

You could tell people in the courtroom were upset. It was really depressing honestly and like you said it just seemed to get worse. Toni started crying and she had to leave. I don't know how Georgina manage to make it through truthfully, she's a very brave woman. The whole thing just made me feel very dejected, honestly. That poor little girl never getting the chance to grow up. A 16 year old boy being so callous and committing such a brutal crime. The family having to suffer through. It's just tragic. Thank you very much for your support though!

Very depressing morning. I expect genie is on autopilot, we’re incerdibly resilient beings when we have to be....getting justice for her daughter has kept her going these past few months. She’ll feel it now though, this is the time it will hit her because it’s over but for her it never will be.

BBM/Snipped by me

I wonder if his cannabis use may have been an attempt to self-medicate, dial down some of his fantasies so they remained fantasies. He certainly seems to have been well-aware of them and some of the chats we've been privy to via his friends who gave evidence paint a picture of someone who is experimenting with leaking those fantasies into real life -- maybe as a pressure valve or as a recruitment strategy.

Cannabis does quite the opposite. It accentuates what you already feel.

I'm so sorry to hear that charlotte123456
It certainly does make you wonder. They're almost like chameleons who blend and change according to their demands. I've only read a bit and it's very confusing. Watching some of AC's previous social media posts and he comes across as very understanding and sympathetic in his replies.
I can understand that they have no empathy but what triggers a killing ?
From my reading and some previous posting, the trigger seems to be hormonal. I mean, that these tendencies like lack of empathy even amusement at the pain of others appear while an adolescent. The big kicker is the onset of puberty and that hormonal rush on top of the existing proclivities. I like the judge's sentence that would make him 42 or 43 before he could possibly be released (hopefully never will be).

I'm confused about the fact that he left the house, disposed of the knife and came back? What would he have done if one of the adults had woken up and saw him in the house the second time and he didn't have a weapon?

I said same to a pal of mine earlier and he said, AC would probably have found it amusing to be caught out

I think it's possibly because there were 4 adults(well,3 and a teenager really although I should imagine Toni has an old head on her shoulders now poor girl) that this was the case,in my house someone is always getting up for the loo and and my 20 year old often goes down to cook in the middle of the night so its not often any of the rest of us would think twice at any noise,luckily we are overcrowded at the moment so the younger kids are with me anyway and also we have a dog!

You’re right. I’m always half waking in the night and it’s usually because my 19 yr old son is cooking , using the loo or just being a pain in the butt at silly o’clock . He’ll often go for a *advertiser censored* too, so I’ll hear the back door. This case has made me second guess now.

I don't think they were but I could be wrong. I know what his mum looks like and I never saw her there but I suppose other family members could have been there? However, I would have assumed they would have taken his family into the courtroom first before the general public, just like they did with Alesha's and no one went in first apart from them. There were no mention of them either from anyone and I didn't see anyone sitting by themselves or in a small group.
Thanks for your reply, sorry I had to go offline for a bit and only just came back.

Psycopathy cannot be "cured" for the simple reason that it is not an illness.

Basically it is a reflection upon how an individual sees himself in relation to the world around him.

A psychopath is THE centre of their own universe, and as such when considering the effects or consequences of a course of action.....their first and last question is "how will this make ME feel?"

They will often talk about what their actions have cost THEM, without being able to take the perspective of another person

In short...it does not matter how something affects YOU ...because the centre of the universe is right here

I wonder if AC's friend whom he spoke with last,will ever tell his side of things?
I think he might have been the one at court and asked for the barrier to be removed. IMO

I expect in time he will. He must feel awful himself...if only he’d stayed....calmed A.C. down ....the “ifs” are endless in this case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle