CA - Joey, Summer, Gianni, Joseph Jr McStay Murders - Feb 4th 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is important when motive given for the murders is greed.

The defense is entitled to show ( if true) that Chase wasn’t the only one taking money off the family. It doesn’t matter if it’s Joey’s brother or Mother it’s still theft when the family was maintaining they believed the family had simply gone on vacation.

That’s the problem when you get give the motive as greed then you have Dan and the family all supposedly taking money to keep the business afloat and yet it went belly up so what exactly was they doing with all this “money” they claimed was for the business.
BBM, It's precisely because no one in the family knew what happened to their loved ones or where they were that SB per her testimony at Trial said she was keeping Joey's business afloat for him, and most of the monies taken from JM's account went to people he did business with. And the $500 for child support for Joey's other son.
It would be what any loving parent would do under such stressful circumstances i would think?
The business went belly up i presume because there were no further monies in there because i think by the time everything was settled up that was it. Wasn't the business sold? For $1,500? Thought i read that somewhere?

Last edited:
I have not read otherwise have you?
SB is Joey's mother, and it was Joey's business. As i said that part of things is none of our business. Maybe Joey privately told his mother if anything should ever happen to him that he would like her and perhaps MM to take care of things? We don't know that, and it has IMO nothing to do with the McStay family murder because they are not on trial for murder.
CM is.

Exactly how I feel. Hopefully they took out whatever Joeys share would be. Why would they do it for nothing? Everyone else was getting paid.

Just something to deflect from what CM has done.

Again IMO it is none of our business how much SM or MM took out of the business.

JMO

But it is important when motive given for the murders is greed.

The defense is entitled to show ( if true) that Chase wasn’t the only one taking money off the family. It doesn’t matter if it’s Joey’s brother or Mother it’s still theft when the family was maintaining they believed the family had simply gone on vacation.

That’s the problem when you get give the motive as greed then you have Dan and the family all supposedly taking money to keep the business afloat and yet it went belly up so what exactly was they doing with all this “money” they claimed was for the business.

But did the family members or Dan kill Joey, Summer, and the boys BECAUSE they were stealing from him, and owed money to him?

If any theft can be attribute to them AFTER the fact, it certainly isn't justification for killing their son/brother, daughter-sister in law, grandchildren/nephews, and long time friend.

Exactly how I feel. Hopefully they took out whatever Joeys share would be. Why would they do it for nothing? Everyone else was getting paid.

Just something to deflect from what CM has done.
Hi
Again IMO it is none of our business how much SM or MM took out of the business.

JMO

I agree.

What family members do among other family members is altogether different, imo, than what a subcontractor has done, who had no familiar link to this family nor did he have any right to steal a dead man's funds.

Apple, and oranges imo.

The bottom line for me, as for as any relevancy in this murder trial is have any of the McStays every been arrested, and charged for their part in handling Joey's business after he disappeared?

If not, then it's an irrelevant side issue of no evidentiary value to the murders themselves or the murder trial, nor who is responsible for murdering all 4 victims.

We know CM was the only one writing fraudulent checks to himself during the time they had been murdered.

The same man we know also scammed Joey's own mom out of thousands with no intention to ever repay.

Imo those are the facts in evidence the jury will find to be most important, rightfully so. Imo

I know some seem to personally dislike MM for some reason, and I respect those views, but there hasn't been one shred of evidence entered that MM or anyone else in the McStay family had any involvement in murdering Joey, and his family.

Imho only, we must not lose sight of WHO the evidence is against, and it's not against any of the McStays. That is why none of them are on trial, and the reason CM is.

Imo also, it's never wise to use such a serious murder trial hoping someone is dressed down in court simply because of possible personal biases against one or more of the witness. Imo especially when there isn't any evidence at all they had any involvement in the murders themselves.

For me it's best to try to keep the eye on the ball at all times, and not drift into irrelevant side issues.

Jmoo, and nothing more.

BBM, From my understanding SB & MM were handling money for Joey's business after the family disappeared because they wanted to keep the business afloat not knowing what happened at that stage to her family. Could the $500 have been for child support for Joey's other son?
Not really sure why family taking care of the finances in Joey's absence is a big deal? I gather they had legal right to do so. And IMO how they handled that was between them, and no one else's business. And don't even know why the DT needs to get them up on the stand about it?
The thing that isn't right is Merritt's helping himself to JM's money and that is what is needed to be fully explained at trial.

I really think that is a personal family matter. I don't see how they think it will benefit the defense by bringing it up since all of it was done AFTER Joey disappeared/murdered.

I think they need to concentrate a lot more on why CM was writing fraudulent checks to himself before anyone else knew they were even missing.

Jmo

Lol! This is like a low rent, discount, 99 cent store, budget Faro Scan!

They are grasping at straws!

I'm really shocked to know this is the expert they have put up on a pedestal, as the big cheese guy!

Well it's downright cheesy alright.

That demo reminds of the C grade movies we use to see decade ago. Well us old folks did back in the day, anyway. Lol!

It will be interesting to learn how much this sponge expert cost the taxpayers! Lol!

From what i see in that picture, i don't see how you could replicate bashing someone's head in with a sledgehammer. I don't even know how much blood there would be because a sledgehammer isn't a sharp object, and has a fairly wide surface on the front of it, as opposed to a normal hammer? It would depend on if the skin was broken? In cases of bad head injuries like in a car accident there is sometimes only blood coming from the ears and maybe the nose.

I believe the Anthropologist testified there would NOT be a large "blood spatter" pattern from the blows to the head, even though we all believe that to be the case. You CAN kill someone from a single, skull crushing blow to the head with a 3lb sledge hammer.

The DT are still grasping at straws, IMO.

<modsnipped quoted post>

I believe the point was that Joey PAID Chase his portion of the Provecho job with the 1st 50% down before the charge back (through Paypal), which Chase claimed in the LE interview he was not. Chase also did not complete the job. Chase owed those monies to Joey. And the documentation of that job was later sent to Chase February 28, 2010 from Joey's email address, after the family was murdered, but Chase told nothing to LE about email coming from Joey after the family was missing..........because Chase had accessed another of Joey's email accounts.

Paypal probably has the highest if not the highest buyer/seller protection. Provecho prevailed in the charge back even after Joey disputed it. Provecho wasn't in the wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not read otherwise have you?
SB is Joey's mother, and it was Joey's business. As i said that part of things is none of our business. Maybe Joey privately told his mother if anything should ever happen to him that he would like her and perhaps MM to take care of things? We don't know that, and it has IMO nothing to do with the McStay family murder because they are not on trial for murder.
CM is.
Well no but I haven't read in the affirmative either. I would think it should have been the investigation's business. Surely it's not legal in the US for anyone to accss someone else's bank account unless the bank holds the paperwork to authorize it. Hey, if it is, I'm comin' over lol . . .

Well no but I haven't read in the affirmative either. I would think it should have been the investigation's business. Surely it's not legal in the US for anyone to accss someone else's bank account unless the bank holds the paperwork to authorize it. Hey, if it is, I'm comin' over lol . . .
The family opened a new bank account for the business.

I believe the point was that Joey PAID Chase his portion of the Provecho job with the 1st 50% down before the charge back (through Paypal), which Chase claimed in the LE interview he was not. Chase also did not complete the job. Chase owed those monies to Joey. And the documentation of that job was later sent to Chase February 28, 2010 from Joey's email address, after the family was murdered, but Chase told nothing to LE about email coming from Joey after the family was missing..........because Chase had accessed another of Joey's email accounts.

Paypal probably has the highest if not the highest buyer/seller protection. Provecho prevailed in the charge back even after Joey disputed it. Provecho wasn't in the wrong.

Just because you don't win a dispute with Paypal, doesn't necessarily mean they are right. I doubt Chase had access to the Paypal email otherwise he could have used it rather than having to get money from the family. Have we seen any evidence about the Paypal account in the trial? Sorry I have missed some due to the poor audio. What other email account of Joey's did Chase have access to? I haven't seen that . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member